C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C300 09' (GONE) W205 C63S Edition 1 Estate
Thanks Don for today! Car looks great!
Old 10-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Euros
Thanks. Glad you liked it. Let me know when you want to come back to have some more work done on your car.

-Don
Old 10-11-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 W204
Don... great job on the black C class yesterday, very happy with it! Thanks for everything man!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:14 PM

2012 E350 4-matic SPORT
Don Nguyen just as a reference point how much does it cost to do a full body wrap of a w204?
Thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
It honestly can range from $1k to $5k.

This is a black Mercedes Benz CLS 550 that I blacked out his chrome window trim with my matte black vinyl material, which runs along the top and bottom edges of the window. Everything is done seamlessly and all in one piece, to give it that factory look. The owner of this car was somewhere closer to San Diego, and drove up to me in Orange County to have me do the vinyl work on his car for him.

If you guys want to see any specific pictures or have me take anything at a certain angle/area, let me know, and I'll do my best to get it for you next time.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I don't get too many Hyundais that come by to get vinyl work done, but the owner of this blue Hyundai Elantra contacted me to see if I could vinyl wrap his roof in my gloss black material. The owner of this car was somewhere around Orange County or maybe Inland Empire area, and came out to me in Anaheim Hills. This will give a good idea to guys who have a blue car or just a darker colored car in general of how a gloss black roof looks like on their car. It is a very subtle addition. So if you're looking for something that stands out more, you'd want to go with a matte black vinyl finish.

I forgot to clean the roof before we pulled the car out, so trying to clean the roof out int he sun/heat left a lot of water streaks which showed up in all of the pictures.

I had some people ask for some closer up pictures, so I took some of around the front area, sides of the roof and around the antenna area to show you guys how clean everything is installed and there is no paint showing even around the antenna area.

Before:

After:

You can see from a little further back it's not as noticeable.

However, once you get closer, the gloss black roof starts becoming more noticeable.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is for the guys who have asked what would look good on their car if they have a carbon fiber hood. Hopefully these pictures can help those of you out a bit. Here's a blue Nissan 350z's roof that I vinyl wrapped with my gloss black material. I wish I had more/better pictures, but it was a bit dark and some of the pictures didn't turn out too good. The owner of this car was somewhere around the Los Angeles or Pasadena area and come down to me in Orange County to have his roof wrapped. You can see the gloss black roof accents the black hood fairly nicely, since they're both glossy finishes/surfaces. This is another good example of how a black roof looks like on a darker colored car such as this blue.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-17-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
C300, 93tt RX7, 88RX7 Vet, 83RX7
Thumbs down

Thank you for taking your time to reply to my email!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Originally Posted by Frnakito71
Thank you for taking your time to reply to my email!
How can I reply to an e-mail I never got or don't have? Instead of accusing me of something, it'd be more productive if you asked the question here or maybe PMed me about it.

Either your e-mail never made it to me or my response never made it to you. I don't know. E-mails and forum screen names aren't the same, so I can't track it.

-Don
Old 10-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Been playing catch up in trying to post pictures of all of the previous cars that I have done. I am just going to jump ahead a bit and start posting pictures of more recent cars that I have done. More recent as in a couple of weeks instead of a couple of months or even a year ago, haha.

Either way, here is a gray/graphite colored Mercedes Benz C300 that I vinyl wrapped the factory chrome window trim with my matte black finish vinyl material. We went with the matte black on this car instead of the gloss black vinyl so that the it blended in with the rubber/weather stripping around the car. The owner of this car was from around Red Lands I believe and came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have me vinyl his car.

As a note, any other vinyl on the car was not done by me.

Before:

After:

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-19-2011, 05:23 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
C300, 93tt RX7, 88RX7 Vet, 83RX7
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
How can I reply to an e-mail I never got or don't have? Instead of accusing me of something, it'd be more productive if you asked the question here or maybe PMed me about it.

Either your e-mail never made it to me or my response never made it to you. I don't know. E-mails and forum screen names aren't the same, so I can't track it.

-Don
Don,
I was not accusing you of anything, I was just letting you know that you never reply to my email. is all good my man, keep up the good work. I just wanted to know if you ever make it to the east coast
Old 10-19-2011, 09:40 PM

C300
do you have any of my pictures don? just wondering.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Originally Posted by Frnakito71
Don,
I was not accusing you of anything, I was just letting you know that you never reply to my email. is all good my man, keep up the good work. I just wanted to know if you ever make it to the east coast
That's fine.

Originally Posted by dewydang
do you have any of my pictures don? just wondering.
I have them, just haven't resized them, etc, yet.

-Don
Old 10-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Thanks

Here is a white BMW E93 M3 convertible that I vinyl wrapped the chrome window trim to give it the shadowline/blacked out look. Convertibles are a bit more tedious to do since there are so many separate pieces, but it's doable. We went with the matte black to give it a more subtle look and blend in with the rubber weather pieces that are around the window trim pieces. I believe the owner of this car was either around in Orange County or near the Los Angeles area and he came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. It was a pretty new car. Still had the red striped Euro plate on it.

Before:

After:

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I have to apologize beforehand. I did get a bit carried away with how many pictures I took of this white BMW 1 series. The owner of this car was from around the Los Angeles area and came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. He originally was only going to get the roof of his white 135i wrapped in my gloss black vinyl material. However, once there and having the roof done, he decided to also tint/smoke out the tail lights on his 135i as well, to compliment the black roof.

I tried to take slightly more detailed pictures this time around, as by request, to show the edges of the roof, etc. I think that the tint/smoke shade that I used on the back tail lights give it a nice cherry red color without being too dark and completely blacking out the tail lights.

Let me know what you guys think.

Before:

During:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is a gray E46 M3 that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material. Went with the gloss black to give it that more factory look, to simulate somewhat of a CSL look, even though the CSL had a real CF roof. The owner of this car was also in Orange County as well.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Haven't had much of a chance to post pictures in a while, but finally getting some time to do so again.

Here's a black Mercedes Benz C300 that came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have his window trim vinyl wrapped in matte black. We blacked out the chrome on his car. Unlike BMWs, the Mercedes does not have the shadowline/black trim option.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 PM

C200 CGi
Looks good Don...

Have you done any roof wrap on big SUV? I'm looking for pics of CX9 with black warp

thanks!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:37 PM

none
just for reference how much does it cost to do the window trim?
Old 12-05-2011, 12:09 AM

2015 VW GTI.S4; 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige
Don - piggybacking on 2 post above - have you done any CF looks on MB GLK or ML or GL's?
Old 12-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Originally Posted by denot
Looks good Don...

Have you done any roof wrap on big SUV? I'm looking for pics of CX9 with black warp

thanks!
I have not done SUVs yet, since it's not as popular with them. I may have an X5 coming through soon though. I'll let you know and will post pictures if I do.

Originally Posted by okay.w0w
just for reference how much does it cost to do the window trim?
Depends on the finish and your exact car. Shoot me a PM with the details and I can give you a quote.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I don't normally post pictures of kind of off/side projects that aren't from the normal roof, window trim, etc. However, I figure I'll start posting them more since I've had quite a few requests or people ask me about this.

Here's a SC400 that I vinyl wrapped the lower lip on the bumper in the 3M 1080 glossy carbon fiber vinyl material. The lip was fairly damaged, hence the crack which you can clearly see through the material and some other small chips along the bottom edge of the lip. I do not usually wrap lips, since they require a seam line in the middle, due to the lengths that lips usually are (~7'-8'). In the picture taken front on, you can see the small seam line a couple of inches to the left of the crack. To some that may be acceptable, while to others it may be something they'll always see/notice. Hopefully this will give you guys somewhat of a better idea of how it'll work/look.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-05-2011, 05:08 PM

2010 Mercedes c300 (w204)
Great work Don!

Had a question about life span. Given Cali weather conditions (ie. a lot of sun), what would the lifespan be for each material:

Black Gloss
Black Matte
Carbon Fiber

I also emailed you about cost regarding the Matte and Carbon Fiber, can you PM me with the info? I just needed enough material to wrap the roof my my w204.

Thanks,

Ed
Old 12-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Do you need any other details about the material?
Old 12-06-2011, 05:06 PM

2010 Mercedes c300 (w204)
Not really. I want to purchase the material from you to perform a roof wrap for my w204, but wanted to make the best choice in terms of durability. I love the Carbon Fiber look, but heard that life span for outdoor use is 3-4 years. Wanted to get an idea for Gloss Black and Matte as I've heard longer.

Is there anything we need to do to ensure that gloss remains glossy? I'd imagine wax wouldn't work well on the vinyl, but wouldn't know for sure.

Any information would help.

Thanks in advance Don!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**