C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

fair quote? recommendation for new tires around bay area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a g
Originally Posted by Sportstick
So much which could be discussed back and forth!! But, I think we've all made our respective points and the OP can make her decision.....so, just two questions....when do you take delivery on your new Hyundai and how much are you getting for the C Class on trade?
Indeed so much could be discussed! I do very much like the Hyundai Genesis, though only the 4.6L V8 version. Much quieter then the W204 C Class. Though the W204 is much more fun to driver. Interestingly, neither come with Michelin as predominant original equipment!
Old 06-10-2010, 01:49 AM

c350
hi again!

not sure if you can make out abe's face in the pictures, but it looks as though the treads are pretty shallow.... also, i guess the rear tires are a different size? 255/35 ZY18. what does that mean? do they have to be replaced as well?
Attached Thumbnails fair quote? recommendation for new tires around bay area-bubble2.jpg   fair quote? recommendation for new tires around bay area-front-driver.jpg   fair quote? recommendation for new tires around bay area-front-driver2.jpg   fair quote? recommendation for new tires around bay area-rear.jpg   fair quote? recommendation for new tires around bay area-rear-driver.jpg  

fair quote? recommendation for new tires around bay area-rear-pass.jpg  
Old 06-10-2010, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

just go to a couple places and get quotes, so many different views and opinions here, its easy to get lost in all of it. Good Luck. TC
Old 06-10-2010, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by RedG
Indeed so much could be discussed! I do very much like the Hyundai Genesis, though only the 4.6L V8 version. Much quieter then the W204 C Class. Though the W204 is much more fun to driver. Interestingly, neither come with Michelin as predominant original equipment!
Good comeback, although I sense you got my tongue-in-cheek comment on warranty driving the purchase choice....and touche to the point of the OE tires!! Not every OE chooses Michelin, as other brands' hard compound tires may be offered at lower cost, which OEs want to produce higher EPA results for the window sticker! Rolling resistance is king among OEs! But, if Michelin chose to underbid another supplier by $1/car, stand back for the rush of OE chassis engineers!

BTW, my favorite story on warranty from a focus group years ago. Middle age woman, Camry owner, while we were testing longer/lifetime warranties to help drive new car sales: "I don't need a warranty. I have a Toyota." Wonder what she thinks today!?!?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by houwy
hi again!

not sure if you can make out abe's face in the pictures, but it looks as though the treads are pretty shallow.... also, i guess the rear tires are a different size? 255/35 ZY18. what does that mean? do they have to be replaced as well?

Here's something upon which I think (hope?) we can all agree. However you achieve this, it is best to have four tires of similar characteristics (tire brand, model, tread depth). This provides the best and most predictable handling characteristics without creating unexpected strength or weakness of performance at the front or rear.

The different size in the rear is called having "staggered" tires....wider in the back for enhanced performance. This is an extra cost feature which is part of the Sport package. I sense you may be a Luxury-type buyer, so next time out, you may want to find a car with smaller, same size wheels/tires at all four corners for the best ride quality.