C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Electric SLS AMG?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Electric SLS AMG?!?!

Has anyone seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOlfZk-hw34

It is a video of someone driving a surprisingly polished electric version of the brand new SLS AMG. I can't believe how quiet it is. The video itself is sort of sub-par. But what I found most interesting is how refined and polished everything seemed, especially when you get to the middle of the video and they start to show you the cluster, gauges and "engine" bay. This is leading me to believe that S-Class, CL, and other Mercedes variants aren't too far off for full E-Cell models.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 c400 sport
Someone?! thats ***** ****in' David Coulthard!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Why is that not available in HD?? I'm really hoping they will introduce an electric F1 league at some point, that's my only hope for a massive commitment to all electric R&D.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Blazeitup123
Someone?! thats ***** ****in' David Coulthard!

Ya, that someone just happened to be a F1 Championship winner

Sorry, that was wrong, he placed 2ND in 2002. But still...thats ***** ****in' David Coulthard!

Last edited by 451/443=EW; 07-06-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
haha, sorry, I have to admit that while I love cars, I do not watch Nascar, f1 or follow anything that has to do with racing of that type. I just don't find it appealing. I know in the video they made some big deal of who he was, but I was too lazy to go back to research it when I was making the post, and figured I probably would have messed it up anyway. lol.

But on another topic, about a week ago I got the opportunity to drive a gas powered SLS in red (Le Mans red I believe it is called). All I can say is this car is FAST and not only that, but smooth as a baby's bottom. My father's buddy who's car it was mentioned some bs about being drive by wire or something, meaning there is no physical linkage to the wheels from the steering wheel, but rather an electric signal. And if it was they did a very good job, very responsive and while it is very smooth, you still feel where the car is and the wheels are on the road.

Some gripes (because nothing is ever perfect). For a short guy like myself it was a pain to close the door while sitting. I'm 5'7" and I had to prop myself up on the seat to shut it. And not only that, but for most people taller than me, you have to duck, or come VERY close to the door when you get out of the car. But I guess that is just the nature of the beast with Gullwing door styles and a low car. But in the end, go to your dealership and look at it in person. This thing is a beauty, pictures don't do it any justice. The attention to detail not only inside but outside is outstanding. Oh yeah, and test drive it! (If they let you)