C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Black C300
Need Help!!!

hey guys i had an accident last week and my front bumper, headlight, hood to fender and grille is all messed up, i was looking at some parts from ebay, anyone suggest i get the c63 after market bumper? or any other parts from ebay?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
With all that damage you should get your insurance involve
Old 07-06-2010, 05:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
15 E200CGI SPORT
I just had an accident as well. There's a slight dent on my hood and I'm wondering whether I should just repair it or replace the whole thing. Anyone knows what our hood is made of? I'm told it isn't made of aluminium. Grille needs to be replaced and bumper needs to be repainted. I'm rather surprised with the damage done on my car compared to the toyota. My grille actually bent inwards and cracked while the toyota haven't suffered much damage.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW E90, W204 C350
i am so sorry for what you guys had suffered from
opinion wise, i don't have much
but as far as Royce is concern
i think Euro cars have something call a crumble zone, so those spot would be weaker and i think that would take some impact away from the driver and passenger, pelase correct me if ifam wrong. ANd I think that's why it is softer. Also I think Mercedes have a 3 Zone body structure where as Japanese car have to be one piece, so generally it might seems it is harder than the benz
Old 07-06-2010, 06:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Sorry to hear about your accident. Like Tank says it sounds bad enough to call in the insurance company. If I had to replace the hood and bumper I would be giving some very serious thought to the C63 reps that are out there.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Ron, there is no damage done to my bumper except for the paint chipping off. The only damage I have was a dent on my hood and a broken grille. The reason why I'm asking what the hood was made of is because I know it's more complicated to restore aluminium panels back to its original state compared to metal panels.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by Royce118
Ron, there is no damage done to my bumper except for the paint chipping off. The only damage I have was a dent on my hood and a broken grille. The reason why I'm asking what the hood was made of is because I know it's more complicated to restore aluminium panels back to its original state compared to metal panels.
Bit of confusion, my reply was to the OP. And yes the hood is aluminium as is the trunk lid.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Originally Posted by Ron Jr
Bit of confusion, my reply was to the OP. And yes the hood is aluminium as is the trunk lid.
Oh gosh sorry Ron. I thought you were responding to my post. I'll go back to the dealer tomorrow to grab pics of the damage. Hopefully you'll be able to advice me whether it would be better for me to replace the whole hood or just repair it.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Sorry to hear that happened Royce! At least the grille will be a cheap fix. You could probably look to ebay and get either an OEM replacement grille, or even take the chance to get a black OEM grille, AMG grille, single fin grille, etc.

In regards to the hood, I suggest a replacement unless repairing the dent leaves absolutely no trace of there being a dent in the first place. (But then again, I'm just highly irritated by dents and such) So to that regard, I would leave it up to you. I'm sure if it's a small dent, they'll fix it up pretty well.

DARN. At first I thought you needed to replace your bumper so I was gonna tell you to jump on the new 2011 bumper and maybe go for the LED DRLs if you wanted. But it's just a repaint. Haha, well excuse the excitement at your misery. Glad to hear you only need to repaint it. Good thing the diamond visions survived :]
Old 07-06-2010, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I just had a dent removed from my hood by PDR. He told me our hoods are aluminum? Is the dent in the middle of the hood or on the crease/edge?

I had mine removed 99% by the tech for $125 (he informed me before that it would not be 100%) and I was ok with that. This was because my dent was DEEP, about 1". I can't see the dent at all besides from a severe angle (head on hood). Or I feel it when I wash it. What I see is almost what looks like a few pimples and/or ripples. This is because the dent was so deep it stretched the metal, so he had to push it up higher in a few spots to keep the hood taught because it is now "bigger" in that area. I would recommend doing it before getting a whole new hood or paying close to $600 for bodywork and paint which will never match.

Just bring it to a PDR guy near you for an estimate and/or to see if they can do it.

EDIT: But it sounds like because your grille is damaged the hood damage will be on a crease and must be fixed via bodywork. Which isn't too bad because you said your front bumper needs to be repainted anyway...
Old 07-06-2010, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Snarling, yea I was glad the damage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just kinda surprised how badly the grille was damage from the impact. I'm getting the OEM replacement grille which I think I would get them painted gloss black immediately. Well, the reason I'm holding back on aftermarket grilles is because shipping is a pain here. My hid kits was sent out from the States on the 22nd/6 and have not arrived.

Well to me it's really just a small dent. My car is in the dealer and after their technicians looked at it, I was told that it could be fixed. I can be quite **** as well so its better for me to make sure with your guys here before I regret in the future.

What's the difference between a 2009 and a 2011 bumper? Aren't they supposed to be the same except the LED DRLs? Btw, you wouldn't believe the 1st thing I actually checked was my lights. Both of them survived without a single scratch. LOL.

Jctevere, my dent is right on the middle. Few inches down from the Mercedes Benz badge. I'm not too sure how to describe my damage but I'll go down to the dealer to grab some pics later on today. Thanks for the advice.

Updates: Here are the pics of the damage. I was quoted $2296 SGD for repairs. Stealerships xD
Attached Thumbnails Need Help!!!-07072010106-1-.jpg   Need Help!!!-07072010107-1-.jpg   Need Help!!!-07072010108-1-.jpg  

Last edited by Royce118; 07-07-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:43 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
More bum info...

Originally Posted by Ron Jr
The only aluminum panels are the front fenders. EVERYTHING else is steel.Don't you own a magnet?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
No

Originally Posted by rs1985
i am so sorry for what you guys had suffered from
opinion wise, i don't have much
but as far as Royce is concern
i think Euro cars have something call a crumble zone, so those spot would be weaker and i think that would take some impact away from the driver and passenger, pelase correct me if ifam wrong. ANd I think that's why it is softer. Also I think Mercedes have a 3 Zone body structure where as Japanese car have to be one piece, so generally it might seems it is harder than the benz
I can see that you need educating on this subject so why don't you go here to begin with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he6TL15pJtw

And from there you can look at most of the crash tests.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 PM

2006 C55 AMG, Red
My last car was an 08 C300, one day while driving, a road sign jumped off the side of the road and hit my car. Sounds like similar damage... my total cost of repair was over $15k. There was no frame damage, but they had to replace everything because it was a saftey issue with mercedes. On most cars they would replace the door skin, but on mine they had to replace both passenger doors. I sold it shortly after and bought an 06 C55, and I'll never go back. The point of this story is you're screwed. They will never fix it to a point where it looks like it did when it was new. Most people who buy cars will know the hood has been replaced and it's been in an accident. Post it on autotrader.com and get the AMG!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 PM

2006 C55 AMG, Red
the front end on a C63 is 4 inches longer than the C300/350, so the amg hood won't fit. I've seen replica hoods for the C300, however, I question their fit and quality.

I'm pretty sure the sport package has the same bumper as the amg.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Originally Posted by RLE
The only aluminum panels are the front fenders. EVERYTHING else is steel.Don't you own a magnet?
Yeap you're right. I've just checked with the dealer and the hood is indeed made of steel.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Because its right on the crease, I would not suggest PDR for it, would be very tough to fix. Its a shame too because it would only cost the equivalent of around $125 USD to fix it if it wasn't on the edge. My guess is that they would do painted body shop fix. If your looking for a cheaper price ask who they use and contact them directly, paying cash always helps, and saves on tax as well, at least in the states. If you don't mind me asking, what is wrong with the grille? It looks fine to me?

On a side note, a friend of mine got the c63 replica hood for the c300 and the front bumper. The fit was very good, and pretty smooth, looked OEM. Only variable factor is who you get to paint it, and if it matches.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
I'm not too sure about how they are going to fix the hood but the repair itself cost only about $400. Its the labour which they charge which is crazy. There is nothing much wrong with the grille except that it has slight cracks on it. I want my car to be perfect so I'm thinking of replacing them. As for the front bumper as you can see from my pics which I just uploaded there really isn't much damage done except for the paint chipping.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
To be honest, I would save money, just get the hood fixed, use scratch-X remover on the front fender to make it look better, and then let the dust settle. After a while you won't even want to do it. That is unless you have money to burn. In my experience things always come in two's. I got a hit and run repaired on my old infiniti the next day, and a week later I got more damage on the same spot on the car... was banging my head against a wall for a good day or two straight... Bottom line is, the damage really isn't that bad or noticeable except for the hood. Chances are no one else will even notice anything, people are stupid.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
That's what I have in mind as well. I would probably get the bumper and hood touched up first and probably invest in a C63 replica grille in the future.