C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

HID Kit caused Blinker problems!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID Kit caused Blinker problems!

Hey all,
I wanted to let you know that my DDM Tuning HID kit, Slim Balast caused interferance with my blinkers. A few weeks after installing my HID kit the blinkers started freaking out. I was in total disbelief that the HID kit was causing this and brought the car to the dealer. The said to remove the HID kit and bring it back if the problem persists. Needless to say, HID kit was removed and the problem was gone.

DDM told me that I needed a wiring harness. I have ordered the harnes but have not installed it yet nor have I attempted to re-install the HID kit.

Has anyone else run into or heard of similar issues?

Thanks
Old 09-12-2010, 10:00 PM

I wanted to elaborate on how the Blinkers were "freaking out." When I put the right blinker on, the left blinker would blink. Sometimes it would get confused and switch back and forth between the two. Something like....left left, right, left, right right, left and stay on left. Crazy!

Last edited by Aggressive; 09-12-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:10 PM

FYI - I never installed the additional wiring harness. I completely took the HID kit out for 6 months. I now have installed the kit again and everything seems fine. The dealer did replace my SAM module and I believe this was the root of the problem.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
The next question has to be did the HID kit corrupt the SAM module?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by JimPap
The next question has to be did the HID kit corrupt the SAM module?
Good question but what would the grounds be if and how the HID kit did this. You would have to beable to prove this and re-create the issue.

I will say....I never had a blinker issue before installing the HID kit. Its tough to say the HID kit caused the problem because I have had the HID kit installed again for a few weeks with no issues.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
....yet.

I'm speaking from ignorance on the subject. I have no idea if its possible for the Sam module to be harmed and what happened may have only been coincidence.

What you need is a tech that works on the electrical system on these cars to speak to the subject.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by Aggressive
I wanted to elaborate on how the Blinkers were "freaking out." When I put the right blinker on, the left blinker would blink. Sometimes it would get confused and switch back and forth between the two. Something like....left left, right, left, right right, left and stay on left. Crazy!
That would make me nervous (from a safety perspective) not being able to trust that the correct blinker was on, or always having to check it (... and I can imagine having to explain to my insurance company how the aftermarket lighting kit didn't cause some accident ). Hopefully the problem is resolved.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:32 PM

2018 E63s
something similar happened to me. my horn would go off when my lights would turn on. i took out all my hids for a day put all the halogen lights back in and let it reset itself. Everythings fine now. I would recommend getting the error cancelers because it solved my problem.