C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

groupbuy on POWERCHIP ecu tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
not really until someone gets an indy objective test done
Old 10-24-2010, 07:16 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
so basically you want people that got the tune to shell out for the dyno that cost around $100 at least?

if someone pays for it I'll dyno it.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
Can the Powerchip be put into another car with the same engine type?

The reason I ask is because I'm sure there will be people who will want to buy/swap the Powerchip from someone who is not impressed by the results. I'm sure this will pursuade those on the fence to go ahead and get it with little regret.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:39 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by aowhaus
Can the Powerchip be put into another car with the same engine type?

The reason I ask is because I'm sure there will be people who will want to buy/swap the Powerchip from someone who is not impressed by the results. I'm sure this will pursuade those on the fence to go ahead and get it with little regret.
it's a ECU tune. there is no "chip". so the answer would be no.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
So could you swap the ECU into another car? Sounds like the process is sending in your ECU to be reprogrammed (flashed) and then reinstalling it back to reap the performance.
Sorry, I am not very knowlegable in this topic.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
that would be a no. 1 ecu can only work with 1 car.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C350
Hey Guys, As you can tell from my previous posts that I was a skeptic of the ECU tune.

But I got it done and I can say that it definitely does make the car perform better. The car seems more responsive. I wouldn't its always more responsive, but overall its much better and it has more pull. I can notice the biggest difference on the freeway between 70-80 mph. But off the line is better too. The issue when cruising at 45 MPH and then wanting to accelerate immediately is not really changed, there is still lag when that situation occurs.

I did add two cone filters at the same time as the ECU however, but I'm not sure that made a difference.

Overall, its worth the $350+tax. I would definitely advise anyone who wants some more response to get it. I'd have to think about it much harder, and might not even get it for the regular price of $690+tax.

btw, i have driven the car over 100 miles to allow the ecu to adjust, and it does take about 100 miles for the ecu to adjust. car feels good now. I just hope that that doesnt revert to its lazy self over time due to its adaptive ECU.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 W210 E55
Originally Posted by delirium
Hey Guys, As you can tell from my previous posts that I was a skeptic of the ECU tune.

But I got it done and I can say that it definitely does make the car perform better. The car seems more responsive. I wouldn't its always more responsive, but overall its much better and it has more pull. I can notice the biggest difference on the freeway between 70-80 mph. But off the line is better too. The issue when cruising at 45 MPH and then wanting to accelerate immediately is not really changed, there is still lag when that situation occurs.

I did add two cone filters at the same time as the ECU however, but I'm not sure that made a difference.

Overall, its worth the $350+tax. I would definitely advise anyone who wants some more response to get it. I'd have to think about it much harder, and might not even get it for the regular price of $690+tax.

btw, i have driven the car over 100 miles to allow the ecu to adjust, and it does take about 100 miles for the ecu to adjust. car feels good now. I just hope that that doesnt revert to its lazy self over time due to its adaptive ECU.
lol nice!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:38 AM

2009 C300 Sport 4Matic
Just to confirm. If I get this done, will an update by the Dealership to the ECU wipe this out? For example, if I get an update for the transmission, aux boost, etc..., will that clear out what was done? If not, what would the dealership have to do to clear this tune out. My concern is that I bring in the car in for service and they tell me that there's an update to my ECU and will flash it for me and next thing you know, no more Powerchip tune.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 W210 E55
Originally Posted by forevr5688
Just to confirm. If I get this done, will an update by the Dealership to the ECU wipe this out? For example, if I get an update for the transmission, aux boost, etc..., will that clear out what was done? If not, what would the dealership have to do to clear this tune out. My concern is that I bring in the car in for service and they tell me that there's an update to my ECU and will flash it for me and next thing you know, no more Powerchip tune.
i suggest to get to know your service advisor... tell em that ur ecu is modded but keep it on the low... they wont reflash it but for an update im not sure... powerchip does reflash ur ecu if u were a customer... they do charge i think its like 100 dollar charge to reflash... hope this helps...
Old 10-26-2010, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 c400 sport
Originally Posted by forevr5688
why don't you call and ask if there are updates before you tune it?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 W210 E55
my review...

just got the chip and DAAAAAMMMMMN its worth it...

i dont know y anyone didnt mention it..SAVE HELLA GAS... was smashing it all the way from newport from hollywood 90-100 plus at high rpm the mpg would not go under 19.7 this blew my mind, usually when im driving like this my mpq will be 15,16

also got my low end power back thank god!(due to my ricer mufflers i lost all low end before),

20 hp gain u can feel it but its not jump out your seat type of thang, but im sure i can spank the g35/g37 coupes lol maybe the 335i lol

and like everyone else has mention throttle response and acceleration is way better a whole lot better,

also i didnt notice this before but i can take it 125 and just being in 4th gear.. i dont know if this is possible without the tune or not just threw that in there

there was some traffic didnt get to take car over the delimiter wanted to push it to 145-150 at least

in conclusion definitely satisfied with the tune

jdm street races are tonight gotta make the rent hahhahha!

Last edited by ulovemybenzo; 10-26-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:47 AM

2009 C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by Blazeitup123
why don't you call and ask if there are updates before you tune it?
The problem is that I won't be able to get to the dealership before the Group Buy is over. I was hoping maybe I could get the tune done now for the price and have the dealership take care of the updates later. Oh well...
Old 10-27-2010, 02:33 AM

2009 C350
Originally Posted by ulovemybenzo
i dont know y anyone didnt mention it..SAVE HELLA GAS...
cuz the very first day i got it i already burned a whole tank of gas in 24h by non stop intensive driving, mostly at gmr =P so i wouldnt notice.. ey when are we gonna go again?
Old 10-27-2010, 05:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C350
It feels like the transmission still shifts a bit too early which kinda kills the fun, anyone else w/ the powerchip feel the same way?

anyone have powerchip and Sprint booster together?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 W210 E55
It feels like the transmission still shifts a bit too early which kinda kills the fun, anyone else w/ the powerchip feel the same way?

yea i noticed it too on (D) first to second to thrid shifts pretty quick when im stepin on it.. but i usually slap it and start driving on tip when im smashing...

anyways car is back in the shop cuttin more coils slam it to the floor, roll the fenders, and paint the wheels...
Old 10-27-2010, 08:03 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter

that's because the TCU is not touched and the gearing is really bad. BUT drive hard for a while and tcu will learn to delay shift.

Last edited by FrankW; 10-27-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 W210 E55
Wutup yall tommorow will probably be the last day to scehdule an appointment to get the tune at this price... And thank you to all who participated!
Old 10-29-2010, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c350
Got my ecu back the other day , took the car for a drive yesterday as it was raining the day before. My car pulls way harder now throughout all the gears and more so in the mid range . Throttle reaponce is sharper in c mode and pretty much no lag on s mode at all . Also shifting is a lot smoother . Comfort mode feels like half of sport mode and sport mode feels like sport mode should feel . I have noticed I have a bit more weight in my steering maybe to work better with the extra power and braking needs to be a little more deliberate than before , I assume it will go back to normal when the ecu is settled in . I reccomend the tune to anyway who likes to drive with a little spirit . I hit 100 in the same time it used to take to hit 80 so its a big improvement for me.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 W210 E55
Originally Posted by hitokiri89
Got my ecu back the other day , took the car for a drive yesterday as it was raining the day before. My car pulls way harder now throughout all the gears and more so in the mid range . Throttle reaponce is sharper in c mode and pretty much no lag on s mode at all . Also shifting is a lot smoother . Comfort mode feels like half of sport mode and sport mode feels like sport mode should feel . I have noticed I have a bit more weight in my steering maybe to work better with the extra power and braking needs to be a little more deliberate than before , I assume it will go back to normal when the ecu is settled in . I reccomend the tune to anyway who likes to drive with a little spirit . I hit 100 in the same time it used to take to hit 80 so its a big improvement for me.
hahah nice not bad for 350 bux riiight??
Old 10-29-2010, 09:34 PM

c350
I got my ecu back yesterday and what a difference it made. It should have come from the factory this way. In s mode there is no to very little lag and now the car accelerates as you merge onto the highway. The car is a lot of fun to drive now on the highway. I would recommend it to anyone who is debating whether to do it or not.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Hi guys,

Thank you to all who participated, the best part of a group buy is meeting all the fellow enthusiasts. We are happy to provide the community with a worthwhile upgrade at a price point that's more attractive. For those of you who haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, if you contact us via e-mail before November 1st we will still honor the group buy price.

hitokiri, I apologize for the delay in sending your ecu back, I'm not sure if you are aware, but your car was tuned already by another tuner and we didn't anticipate the extra time in decrypting your ecu so it didn't leave the same day. That being said, you have a good tune in your car now

Special thanks to ulovemybenzo, without his efforts, we wouldn't have had the group buy. We've never done a group buy price so low and you guys have him to thank for being so persistent in trying to hook everyone up.

Happy Halloween to you all

Matt
matt@powerchipgroup.com
Old 10-30-2010, 04:35 AM

E320 Sport
email sent!
Old 10-30-2010, 04:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Email sent. First one I accidentally sent to Paul. Forwarded it to you though Matt.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c350
I didnt know Bout any other tunes in my ecu lol my car was brand new when I got it also it came right on time must have confused me with someone else but it's all good , I love the tune and recommend Powerchip highly .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: groupbuy on POWERCHIP ecu tune