C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

My lunchtime adventure...was I really that wrong??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
My lunchtime adventure...was I really that wrong??

I went out to grab some lunch today and hit the lunch time traffic in full swing. I had a couple miles to go down a six lane (plus turn lane) road to Jersey Mikes and was making my way there without issue. I had the windows down enjoying the breeze when I noticed there was a new, white Maxima about twenty cars back cutting through traffic like a mad man. He already had 4 or 5 drivers honk at him and I noticed he even passed a car in the center turn lane just to slam right back in front of him.
I moved into the right lane as the restaurant was coming up in a couple lights. Came up to the next light and wouldn’t you know it, here is the dumb *** sitting in the right turn lane of a shopping center just to the right of me. I was wondering why he didn’t go ahead and turn right into the parking lot. He had 3 or 4 cars behind him honking so they could go ahead and turn when I realized the dip **** was looking over at me(looked like a mix of Vanilla Ice and Eminem on crack) flashing some kinda gang sign **** at me and bouncing up and down in his car to the music with his friend.
I am usually a really level headed guy and drive that way but this just annoyed the **** out of me. I knew he was going to take off across the intersection and cut me off to squeeze in….I just couldn’t take it. I reached over, switched off the traction control and watched the light.
Anyhow, I got a great launch with a perfect amount of spin while his front wheels lit up a bit. By the time we reached the other side of the intersection, I was winding out in first and I am sure he was more than surprised to see me still ahead of him.
Long story short….his car was still up on the curb/street sign with coolant all over the place and a couple cops in the parking lot when I drove back by with my sub heading for the house.
Anyhow, just wanted to vent a little….

Last edited by C300Sport; 10-25-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Good for you! One thing though...maybe it's just me being stupid, but why didn't he just force you over instead of hitting that pole? I've had retards just merge into my lane even though they can't. There is nothing you can do but let them in cuz they've decided you either move for them or they hit you.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Good for you! One thing though...maybe it's just me being stupid, but why didn't he just force you over instead of hitting that pole? I've had retards just merge into my lane even though they can't. There is nothing you can do but let them in cuz they've decided you either move for them or they hit you.
Good point. It was a curb and metal street sign but not a utility pole. I guess it is good he didn't pull even or a bit in front as I am sure he would have tried to merge. Ther worst part for him is that is was fully on the brakes when he hit the curb...not good.
The more I think about the whole thing, the dumber I feel. I knew no cars were coming up to the intersection and no one was on the sidewalk but in hindsight...not a smart move...
Old 10-25-2010, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I hope that answers your question.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
that is awesome!!! i hate dumbaces like that! i would watch out for retaliation though...be careful.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Originally Posted by C300Kid
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I hope that answers your question.
+1. Gave me a good laugh. Punks like that deserve a nice little lesson. I guess the severity of it was kinda high in this case. Humiliated off the line, and crashing a brand new Maxima. So....how was your sandwich?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43
You should drive a civic
Old 10-25-2010, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 BMW M235i 6MT
You are my hero!

I would have done the same.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:59 PM

N/A
You lowered yourself to his level - enjoy!
Old 10-25-2010, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
+1. Gave me a good laugh. Punks like that deserve a nice little lesson. I guess the severity of it was kinda high in this case. Humiliated off the line, and crashing a brand new Maxima. So....how was your sandwich?
I really thought he was going to simply have to wait his turn and merge into traffic...off course, everyone he had already pissed off would likely not want to let him in. I do feel bad that his car got messed up pretty good. Who knows, it may be just the thing to help calm him down a bit.

Originally Posted by blue00r6
You should drive a civic
Would you care to elaborate?

Originally Posted by Amaxm
You lowered yourself to his level - enjoy!
I didn't post this to get a bunch adoration for out running a Maxima across an intersection but do you honestly think one jack rabbit start is as bad as passing in the median, cutting multiple drivers off, extreme tailgaiting and passing in a turn only lane through an intersection? I agree, it is not up to me to take the law into my own hands or teach someone a lesson but seeing as I did not break the speed limit or illegally change lanes in a intersection, I techincally didn't break the law.(of course a bit of tire chirp on the start could be intterpretted as reckless driving if the cop wanted to call it that way)
Old 10-25-2010, 05:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C350
Send him over to Los Angeles, 75% chance that someone in one of the 5 cars that he pissed off before you woulda shot him before he made his way up to you.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:10 PM

MB C-300 Sport 2009 Manual Black XPIPE+Exhaust
Originally Posted by delirium
Send him over to Los Angeles, 75% chance that someone in one of the 5 cars that he pissed off before you woulda shot him before he made his way up to you.
exactly the 4th car wouldve shot him he wouldn't even get to the 5th out here
Old 10-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Niti24

send it him to NY I bet you someone would block him in get out and open up a can of whoop-***. I hate when people drive like that. I play around but not in heavy traffic and not go straight on turning lanes. Thats just wrong. Im glad to see you did something about it. I would too any day of the week. I don't care who it is doing that. A cop was trying to come into my lane without signaling and I moved up into the other car and he turned his signal on and I backed off and let him in. I guess Im an ***-hole but the signal is meant to be used.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
Originally Posted by delirium
Haha. One more reason to love LA
Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 PM

09 C350
Originally Posted by C300Sport
I really thought he was going to simply have to wait his turn and merge into traffic...off course, everyone he had already pissed off would likely not want to let him in. I do feel bad that his car got messed up pretty good. Who knows, it may be just the thing to help calm him down a bit.

Would you care to elaborate?

I didn't post this to get a bunch adoration for out running a Maxima across an intersection but do you honestly think one jack rabbit start is as bad as passing in the median, cutting multiple drivers off, extreme tailgaiting and passing in a turn only lane through an intersection? I agree, it is not up to me to take the law into my own hands or teach someone a lesson but seeing as I did not break the speed limit or illegally change lanes in a intersection, I techincally didn't break the law.(of course a bit of tire chirp on the start could be intterpretted as reckless driving if the cop wanted to call it that way)
Exactly. You probably saved someone's life today by taking that a-hole off the streets for a while. This was the best thing I've read in a while. Thanks. Loved the story.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
I went out to grab some lunch today and hit the lunch time traffic in full swing. I had a couple miles to go down a six lane (plus turn lane) road to Jersey Mikes and was making my way there without issue. I had the windows down enjoying the breeze when I noticed there was a new, white Maxima about twenty cars back cutting through traffic like a mad man. He already had 4 or 5 drivers honk at him and I noticed he even passed a car in the center turn lane just to slam right back in front of him.
I moved into the right lane as the restaurant was coming up in a couple lights. Came up to the next light and wouldn’t you know it, here is the dumb *** sitting in the right turn lane of a shopping center just to the right of me. I was wondering why he didn’t go ahead and turn right into the parking lot. He had 3 or 4 cars behind him honking so they could go ahead and turn when I realized the dip **** was looking over at me(looked like a mix of Vanilla Ice and Eminem on crack) flashing some kinda gang sign **** at me and bouncing up and down in his car to the music with his friend.
I am usually a really level headed guy and drive that way but this just annoyed the **** out of me. I knew he was going to take off across the intersection and cut me off to squeeze in….I just couldn’t take it. I reached over, switched off the traction control and watched the light.
Anyhow, I got a great launch with a perfect amount of spin while his front wheels lit up a bit. By the time we reached the other side of the intersection, I was winding out in first and I am sure he was more than surprised to see me still ahead of him.
Long story short….his car was still up on the curb/street sign with coolant all over the place and a couple cops in the parking lot when I drove back by with my sub heading for the house.
Anyhow, just wanted to vent a little….
1) any type of street raising is just immature
2) The new maxima's are pretty fast, I find it hard to believe that you beat him..but then again I guess he did have 4 - 5 people in the car.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C280
You should have just gotten the plate number and reported the car as stolen and have the cops chase him. hahahaha
Old 10-25-2010, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Originally Posted by albert101
You should have just gotten the plate number and reported the car as stolen and have the cops chase him. hahahaha
And then the OP would get arrested for filing a false police report.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:53 PM

C300
Originally Posted by albert101
HAHAHAH
Old 10-25-2010, 11:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Cool story, bro.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
sounds like something I would do...

im a really calm person but when I get in my car, a whole other side of me appears. I hate people who try to (or do) cut in front of me.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mr inkredibul
2) The new maxima's are pretty fast, I find it hard to believe that you beat him..but then again I guess he did have 4 - 5 people in the car.
Not sure if I would consider jumping off a light "street racing", especially as I never got out of first gear before I crossed the intersection. I stayed in my lane and never broke the 35 mph speed limit.

The Maximas are indeed fast, even with two people in the car. I guess he was so busy being an a$$hole, he just assumed he would get a bit ahead of me and run me out of my lane or force me to brake...just as he had seemed to be doing the entire time he was forcing his way up behind me.

I will take my rear drive manual trans C Class over a front drive, CVT Maxima any day in the 0-25 run.

Last edited by C300Sport; 10-25-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:01 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
In the bucket

Originally Posted by mr inkredibul
I don't know what goes on in Georgia but in Washington State, if the second car that may have escaped can be identified by a witness, the driver is tracked down and jailed for racing.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
Not sure if I would consider jumping off a light "street racing", especially as I never got out of first gear before I crossed the intersection. I stayed in my lane and never broke the 35 mph speed limit.

The Maximas are indeed fast, even with two people in the car. I guess he was so busy being an a$$hole, he just assumed he would get a bit ahead of me and run me out of my lane or force me to brake...just as he had seemed to be doing the entire time he was forcing his way up behind me.

I will take my rear drive manual trans C Class over a front drive, CVT Maxima any day in the 0-25 run.
You still acted irresponsibly. Its more likely that no one would have been hurt had you not done what you did. And I would like to see you race a Maxima. I don't see you beating the Max 0-25 at all lol. Maximas faster than my G35 0-25 just fyi.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RLE
I don't know what goes on in Georgia but in Washington State, if the second car that may have escaped can be identified by a witness, the driver is tracked down and jailed for racing.
I am sure that is the case in GA as well but I really doubt the drivers excuse was I was racing someone...of course he may have said some guy in a Benz was drving around running people off the road. My other thought is that all the witnesses that had been anywhere close behind this guy were likely completly over joyed to see him all busted up on the curb

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My lunchtime adventure...was I really that wrong??