C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

NEWBIE Questions: Keyless-GO, LED mod, COMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic
NEWBIE Questions: Keyless-GO, LED mod, COMAND

Hi and thank you so much for all your valuable info. Already within a week of me receiving my 2011 C300, I have ordered all my parts for the COMAND retrofit and will be posting as I install for another DIY

I do have a couple questions and would truly appreciate some insight if you have a minute. Disclaimer: I have searched throughout the forums for answers but if I missed a result, please accept my apologies.

1. I did not purchase the Keyless-GO option. Is there a way I can retrofit the factory parts to make it work?

2. Will the new "media interface plus" cable work with my COMAND retrofit? I'm going along this tutorial by VIC VIPER (GREAT job btw!)

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...m-writeup.html

3. Is there a way to keep the front daytime running LED's in my front bumper on the "bright" setting throughout the night as well with my XENON's on?
Old 11-06-2010, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
Originally Posted by topistah
Hi and thank you so much for all your valuable info. Already within a week of me receiving my 2011 C300, I have ordered all my parts for the COMAND retrofit and will be posting as I install for another DIY

I do have a couple questions and would truly appreciate some insight if you have a minute. Disclaimer: I have searched throughout the forums for answers but if I missed a result, please accept my apologies.

1. I did not purchase the Keyless-GO option. Is there a way I can retrofit the factory parts to make it work?

2. Will the new "media interface plus" cable work with my COMAND retrofit? I'm going along this tutorial by VIC VIPER (GREAT job btw!)

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...m-writeup.html

3. Is there a way to keep the front daytime running LED's in my front bumper on the "bright" setting throughout the night as well with my XENON's on?
Keyless -Go seems to be fitted through out the entire vehicle. For example, the trunk won't close if the key is inside the trunk.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by mr inkredibul
Keyless -Go seems to be fitted through out the entire vehicle. For example, the trunk won't close if the key is inside the trunk.
Really, I just want it for the engine start option. Is it possible? Or would it be just a huge massive headache?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by topistah
Really, I just want it for the engine start option. Is it possible? Or would it be just a huge massive headache?
You should just have a good aftermarket remote start kit installed, much cheaper. I think it would be virtually impossible to retro fit keyless go since it was installed while the car was being built.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Yeah, almost any factory option is near impossible to retrofit without it being a complete pain in the ***. I spent a small fortune trying to retrofit the european park assistance on mine.