C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

widebody wheel question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204, W220, S15 Silvia
widebody wheel question

ok so i went to add some widebody like how c63 guy did in the c63 forum
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ebody-c63.html

Now my car is scheduled to finish in a few days, which means i need to sort out my wheels , right now it looks like crap with wheels tucked all the way in

my rear wheel is now sitting at +43 with 255 width tire, the widebody is a +30mm, in theory if I want it to sit flush i go for +13 offset wheels but here comes the question:

If I simply push out the wheel so much to the outside, wouldnt it give stress to my wheel bearings? if yes, do I need to fix it by changing the rubber to a much wider tire so the weight & bumps can distribute off towards the center of the car which relaxes the wheel bearing abit more

I wish to avoid changing the rubbers because these michellin PS2s are only 2000km old :/

what are my options ..
1, spacers alone are fine
2, change wheels only keep the tires
3, change wheels and tires :/

Last edited by zankok; 11-06-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14' CLS550
Originally Posted by zankok
ok so i went to add some widebody like how c63 guy did in the c63 forum
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ebody-c63.html

Now my car is scheduled to finish in a few days, which means i need to sort out my wheels , right now it looks like crap with wheels tucked all the way in

my rear wheel is now sitting at +43 with 255 width tire, the widebody is a +30mm, in theory if I want it to sit flush i go for +13 offset wheels but here comes the question:

If I simply push out the wheel so much to the outside, wouldnt it give stress to my wheel bearings? if yes, do I need to fix it by changing the rubber to a much wider tire so the weight & bumps can distribute off towards the center of the car which relaxes the wheel bearing abit more

I wish to avoid changing the rubbers because these michellin PS2s are only 2000km old :/

what are my options ..
1, spacers alone are fine
2, change wheels only keep the tires
3, change wheels and tires :/
the proper way to adapt your wheels to a wide body is by getting new ones.. from what ive heard getting spacers effects the ride,depending on how "wide" you went.. either go with wider tires and also change the offset "lower" to give the wheels a wider stance.. good luck, cant wait to see pics

Last edited by bigigg; 11-07-2010 at 10:41 AM.