C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

OEM Xenon Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
OEM Xenon Conversion

I currently have the halogen headlight on my c, planning on getting a OEM bi xenon headlights.. Can i just plug the oem xenons in and will it work fine for w204? i searched but only found the r350, which needed the 4th harness? and a programming from the dealer.. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
I doubt it as the oem bixenons have a self leveling system and something that's equivalent to a starter system.

Other's have had luck with an after market xenon system. There have been other threads on that topic.

To be honest with you, I've always felt that the extra bright halogens on my previous car was brighter than the bixenons. They're also much less expensive. You might want to give those a try first.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:21 AM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by JimPap
I doubt it as the oem bixenons have a self leveling system and something that's equivalent to a starter system.

Other's have had luck with an after market xenon system. There have been other threads on that topic.

To be honest with you, I've always felt that the extra bright halogens on my previous car was brighter than the bixenons. They're also much less expensive. You might want to give those a try first.
i currently have aftermarket ones on, and its a pain.. ive had it for like a year and changed them about 4 times due to xenon bulbs and ballast going out.. want to go with oem and get it over with.. must have spent like 600 dollars total and a big headache.. started with mtec, then with some other no name, to other, and so on.. having bad luck... also got my sockets in eyelids burnt out using ijdm leds... got so badd it melted thru the inside and i see a hole from the headlights..
Old 12-13-2010, 02:24 AM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by JimPap

so your saying it wont work as a plug and play?
Old 12-13-2010, 03:37 AM

C200
OEM Xenon need to change Lighting Module. Also, OEM Xenon related to Self-Leveling system connected to Suspension and Steering System.
Those Lighting Module conjuction with Bi Xenon also control the cornering light (Fog Lights).

If that's what you want, you should get Bi Xenon Lighting Package, otherwise Enjoy using a branded/very good aftermarket Xenon or Regular Halogen.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 AM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by adinata
OEM Xenon need to change Lighting Module. Also, OEM Xenon related to Self-Leveling system connected to Suspension and Steering System.
Those Lighting Module conjuction with Bi Xenon also control the cornering light (Fog Lights).

If that's what you want, you should get Bi Xenon Lighting Package, otherwise Enjoy using a branded/very good aftermarket Xenon or Regular Halogen.
If i can get the oem lights cheap, and i do not want to use the self leveling system, would the oem xenons still work with no issues? I really don't need the self leveling system..
Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
I think the self leveling system had to do with european requirements and MB chose to include it in the U.S. model although we don't have that requirement here.

You know what might be helpful is to post a thread titled Has anyone converted Halogens to OEM BiXenons????

Also a search in some of the other car models subforums might show up something there that would also apply to the 204s.