C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

I love my hard seats! 12 months in the C, now I get it.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
I love my hard seats! 12 months in the C, now I get it.

So I've had my C350 for 12 months now and it's been quite a journey...see my old posts for the Carfax dilema/repair. One of the things that I loathed about this car was the damn hard seats! I had never had a car with such hard seats and for about 4 months I could never find a comfortable driving position. It really was miserable and I wanted to trade the car... After finding out that the best driving position in the C is very low I finally found the perfect seating position for me. Another tip that I got from one of you was to leave the manual lumbar support in the middle position. These two things things have made for a perfect fit. Over the past several months I have also gotten very used to the Euro style firm seats. They are super comfortable, supportive, and I never get a butt ache or back ache. I recently test drove a new Taurus SHO that my father in law was looking at and that thing had the softest widest seat I've ever seen in a new car...and it couldn't have felt worse to me! I'm an athletic build guy and that thing felt like my Lazy boy was in the car, great for a nap but terrible for aggressive driving... It was also made for someone about 300 lbs I think or someone with a J.Lo ***. In summary I love my hard *** seats and something that I could not stand about my C is now one of my favorite things about the car
Old 12-18-2010, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Lol - pretty funny post at times!

If you haven't tried already, put the rear of the seat all the way down and also tilt the front of the seat up just a few clicks...under braking you will not slide forward - further enhancing the comfort of the seat for more driving scenarios..

I must say though, side bolsters could use some help

let me know what you think!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:33 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
Lol - pretty funny post at times!

If you haven't tried already, put the rear of the seat all the way down and also tilt the front of the seat up just a few clicks...under braking you will not slide forward - further enhancing the comfort of the seat for more driving scenarios..

I must say though, side bolsters could use some help

let me know what you think!
I'm right with you Indy, I've got the rear of the seat all the way down and front tilted just like you said. Finding that perfect front tilt took awhile, damn I wish I had memory seats!!! Occasionally I'll make minor adjustments to the seat back depending on if I'm feeling more "laid back" or in a more aggressive driving mode.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:59 AM

\
practically every other Merc in the lineup has active side bolster support. I'm looking forward to it on my next purchase.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
I can run all day on the same tank of fuel & without any aches or pains . The 220cdi is great intercity traveller.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:11 PM

Bentley Cont GT, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG, S63,Ferrari 599, Ferrari 458
Originally Posted by MBnewby
So I've had my C350 for 12 months now and it's been quite a journey...see my old posts for the Carfax dilema/repair. One of the things that I loathed about this car was the damn hard seats! I had never had a car with such hard seats and for about 4 months I could never find a comfortable driving position. It really was miserable and I wanted to trade the car... After finding out that the best driving position in the C is very low I finally found the perfect seating position for me. Another tip that I got from one of you was to leave the manual lumbar support in the middle position. These two things things have made for a perfect fit. Over the past several months I have also gotten very used to the Euro style firm seats. They are super comfortable, supportive, and I never get a butt ache or back ache. I recently test drove a new Taurus SHO that my father in law was looking at and that thing had the softest widest seat I've ever seen in a new car...and it couldn't have felt worse to me! I'm an athletic build guy and that thing felt like my Lazy boy was in the car, great for a nap but terrible for aggressive driving... It was also made for someone about 300 lbs I think or someone with a J.Lo ***. In summary I love my hard *** seats and something that I could not stand about my C is now one of my favorite things about the car
How tall are you? I find I have the same issue with my 09 C350. The seats aren't the most comfortable in the world. I am used to the ones I have in my G35 coupe.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:50 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by Townshend
How tall are you? I find I have the same issue with my 09 C350. The seats aren't the most comfortable in the world. I am used to the ones I have in my G35 coupe.
I am only 5'11". The biggest mistake I made at first with these seats was sitting too high and I could not get comfortable. It was so miserable until I realized that I needed the seat just a few cm from the very lowest position and the seat cushion angled upwards just a bit. I do adjust it ever so slightly depending on what clothes I'm wearing, shoes, driving conditions, etc. I've never had a car that the seats have to be in that "sweet spot" to feel comfortable. Once there though it's very comfortable, so weird.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Just an FYI.

The 08 seat was changed for the 09. The 09 has a little more padding and a longer seat bottom.

I too was miserable with the 08 seat to the degree that I was looking for a 09 or later replacement. Too many issues involved to take a chance.

I'll have to try the low positioning to see if that makes a difference for me.

Thanks for the tip.