C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Side Marker Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Side Marker Removal

Did a seach and could not find the answer.....

How do you remove the Front Fascia side marker....??? I have some VHT Night Shade that i want to use to tint the markers.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...installed.html

Hope this helps!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:24 PM

Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
I found one before that even has pictures

But anyway, If you will be removing the RIGHT sidemarker angle your right wheel where it's all the way turned in to the left so you will have plenty of room to access the wheel well

Next step is to remove the plastic fasteners that holds the wheel well liner onto the fender by using a flathead screwdriver... You need to remove all 3 fasteners, pry out the fastener lock that holds the pin in place then pull out the pins

Pull out the wheel well liner... You should now be able to access the other side of the sidemarker inside the fender

Twist and remove the bulb from the housing

There is a small black plastic screw that needs to be pulled/ unscrewed from the backside of the sidemarker... all I did is just pull and it came off loose easily

You can now safely pull the sidemarker out

I recommend just buy another pair of clear or smoked of sidemarkers instead of painting your OEMs... I kept mine just in case I need to put it back on. They only sell for $45 a pair shipped

VHT spray may coat your sidemarkers real heavy and it won't look to good if you have LEDs
Old 12-30-2010, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Not sure if it's different on the C300/350 but I did mine (C63) through the hood, and my hands aren't skinny by any means. It's just hard because you can't really see what you're doing and you need to feel around. Don't get frustrated though, my driver's side took me literally like an hour to get right, but once I knew what I was doing, did the passenger side in like 5 minutes flat.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C300 2010 4Matic Sport AMG Package
Just for future people, make sure you remove the screw and bulb and push down the tab.

And if it's not coming out easily, like I experienced then take a trim tool that has a hook place that on the tab and push down (HARD!!!!) Not sure it's mine cause it never been touched but the factory. What I was doing was pushing on the tab while prying on the outside with a trim tool and a towl underneath to protect the paint (It's not needed) It's that stupid ****ing tab that won't come undone easily and in realistic sense Mercedes didn't need that bolt cause I don't know how that b@stards supposed to comeout anyways. Lol