C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

*Lease is up! Nissan GT-R for next car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
B@st@rd! You make me sick.
Obviously, Big Money is not worried about maintenance costs.
Nice SRT-10 in the background.
haha! thanks, the SRT-10 is also a beast... but in a completely different way.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I like the looks of the GTR, but to be honest, its not suitable to be a daily driver. Might I ask why you haven't looked towards Porsche? You can get a 2011 Panamera S for 67-75k with virtually no miles on it (under 1,000). Most performance porsche are awd as well, great fuel economy, awesome power and speed. Most models can be had for around that price range, and even cheaper if you look for used cars. Not to mention that they are entirely suitable for everyday driving.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by jctevere
I like the looks of the GTR, but to be honest, its not suitable to be a daily driver. Might I ask why you haven't looked towards Porsche? You can get a 2011 Panamera S for 67-75k with virtually no miles on it (under 1,000). Most performance porsche are awd as well, great fuel economy, awesome power and speed. Most models can be had for around that price range, and even cheaper if you look for used cars. Not to mention that they are entirely suitable for everyday driving.
I would never get a panamera, as i think it looks abolutely terrible and it is a gigantic car.

Also, I'm going to wait a couple years until driving a porsche

I would get the audi RS-5, but it is not yet available in to the north american market.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by vcruiser
I would never get a panamera, as i think it looks abolutely terrible and it is a gigantic car.

I would get the audi RS-5, but it is not yet available in to the north american market.
I see where you're coming from. I don't see why the S5 won't suffice though, that car is still crazy fast. Not to mention it would save you a CONSIDERABLE amount on insurance over the GTR. What about the RS4?

Last edited by jctevere; 01-31-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by jctevere
I see where you're coming from. I don't see why the S5 won't suffice though, that car is still crazy fast. Not to mention it would save you a CONSIDERABLE amount on insurance over the GTR. What about the RS4?
There are way too many S5's around my city. And it isnt fast enough haha!
Also, I'd prefer getting a coupe for my next ride, and also the RS4 is an older body style! .. still a sick car though!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 Sport 6 speed Steel Gray
The GTR is an amazing car but to be scared to treat it like a sports car sucks!! I know someone who services these cars and he said everything you do to these cars as far as racing them will come up on the computer. If I spend $70,000 on a sports car you better believe Im gonna drive like one and not be afraid of the dealer wanting to charge me for repairs while having warranty! Good luck with that Nissan, just dont break it!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 G63 AMG
yeah i find it kind of retarded that i'm gonna have to service it every 5000 miles cause i drive all kinds...
Old 02-01-2011, 12:51 PM

S500, C250 CGI

i agree the panamera's huge, but what about the cayman s?
Old 02-01-2011, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by lithium332
i agree the panamera's huge, but what about the cayman s?
i like it, but not enough to drive one.

i feel like the only porsche i'd want to drive with is a C4S or turbo, gt3, gt2
I'll wait till I'm in my 30's to drive those babies tho!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
The Nissan has so many warranty void clauses it is obviously a very fragile car - plus the Nissan brand has zero cache. Will get killed by MTL roads

Its tough to compete in the MTL car scene because of the ultra-rich foreigners' kids and all the corruption + black cash around. Forget the sub $100K CAD new cars - way too many of them in DT MTL.

I know MTL well, have a condo DT there I use sometimes, and don't see so many ultra nice cars like in central Calgary where $300-500K cars are seen often.

Lots of guys running awd Porsche and Bentley here for winter drivers LOL.

You have to consider the terrible state of Montreal roads - they even beat the crap out of my car on 17's - the worst I have seen in the industrialized world literally. Equal or worse than New Jersey's roads for sure. Sao Paulo has way better roads LOL.

Since you need AWD, it is your only car, and want to stand out probably a used Bentley is the best bet. Maybe an S Class since not that many in MTL either. Do a custom paint job and 20" forged wheels. Don't forget to put the anti-shatter film on the glass!

I shipped my car out of MTL because it was getting beat to death - just use a Limo service / Towne Cars now but if I did ever need a car in MTL I would get an ML 63 or Yukon / Cherokee with tuned suspension and supercharged.

If you want to pull chics just get a nice bicycle with sat tracking for when it gets stolen or a Nissan Micra - haha.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:43 PM

S500, C250 CGI
Originally Posted by whiteongrey
The Nissan has so many warranty void clauses it is obviously a very fragile car - plus the Nissan brand has zero cache. Will get killed by MTL roads

Its tough to compete in the MTL car scene because of the ultra-rich foreigners' kids and all the corruption + black cash around. Forget the sub $100K CAD new cars - way too many of them in DT MTL.

I know MTL well, have a condo DT there I use sometimes, and don't see so many ultra nice cars like in central Calgary where $300-500K cars are seen often.

Lots of guys running awd Porsche and Bentley here for winter drivers LOL.

You have to consider the terrible state of Montreal roads - they even beat the crap out of my car on 17's - the worst I have seen in the industrialized world literally. Equal or worse than New Jersey's roads for sure. Sao Paulo has way better roads LOL.

Since you need AWD, it is your only car, and want to stand out probably a used Bentley is the best bet. Maybe an S Class since not that many in MTL either. Do a custom paint job and 20" forged wheels. Don't forget to put the anti-shatter film on the glass!

I shipped my car out of MTL because it was getting beat to death - just use a Limo service / Towne Cars now but if I did ever need a car in MTL I would get an ML 63 or Yukon / Cherokee with tuned suspension and supercharged.

If you want to pull chics just get a nice bicycle with sat tracking for when it gets stolen or a Nissan Micra - haha.
Dude this guy is in his 20's and you're suggesting him to get a Bentley or an S-class? If he doesn't even want a Porsche until he's over 30 I doubt he would consider a Bentley or an S-class.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204
Go for a used Lamborghini
Old 02-01-2011, 03:58 PM

Dude this guy is in his 20's and you're suggesting him to get a Bentley or an S-class? If he doesn't even want a Porsche until he's over 30 I doubt he would consider a Bentley or an S-class.
Lots of young popular celebrities like Bentley and S Class - that's why I suggested them - they do appeal to his demographic.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204
Lots of young popular celebrities like Bentley and S Class - that's why I suggested them - they do appeal to his demographic.
Question is... Are they driving the car or being chauffeured?

The Super Sport isn't a bad pick, but the S class for someone in their 20s? It's too serious of a car. You're better off going for an M5.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by alexlev

The Super Sport isn't a bad pick, but the S class for someone in their 20s? It's too serious of a car. You're better off going for an M5.
Judging by the amount of celebs actually "caught" DUI probably half drive - maybe more.

M5s dime a dozen in MTL.

I also propose S8 since too many Audis (3,4,5,6) in MTL but few A/S8 in MTL
Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by alexlev

haha this is pretty funny! i appreciate all the suggestions!

Montreal roads are bad, but not as bad as you would think... i live more in the countryside and not often downtown.

Bentley is way out of the question as is an S class.
If needed, I have an S63 (Dad's DD), an ML63(moms DD) and an audi A3 (company car) at my disposal.

Also, its true, I'm in my 20's, and showing up to work in anything super fancy would just be uncredible would give off bad vibes. Already driving a modest c350 has people talking sometimes.

So, like i said, on crazy snowstorm days, I would be able to take other cars to get to work, and If i got the GT-R, i probably would be driving a lot less than i do now and carpool with my brother. He's in sales, i'm in marketing.

I just figure the GT-R is something different, fun, fast and not too flashy at the same time because afterall, it is a nissan!

And at the price that I can obtain a 2009 or even a 2010, There is not much else out there with this kind of power and AWD that isn't a porsche.

I hope I don't give off the 'spoiled' vibe to you guys. I work full time, done school and am in love with cars (thanks to my dad haha).

thanks for all the opinions and suggestions!
Really appreciate it.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts
2023 911 T, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL
before i bought my car, i was looking at a used 2003 audi rs6. it was a very very fun car and if you can find one in good condition i'd suggest looking into it. very very subtly aggressive car that is lots of fun to drive, and endlessly practical too (besides the gas milage i suppose, but what would you expect from a biturbo v8)

they also go for fairly cheap. the one i was looking at had 22k miles and asking price was $27k
Old 02-02-2011, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
GT-R is very cool, but no way would I buy one over a CLK BS. Reliability and maintenance is the deal breaker for me.

Good luck with whatever you get
Old 02-02-2011, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by clkwork
GT-R is very cool, but no way would I buy one over a CLK BS. Reliability and maintenance is the deal breaker for me.

Good luck with whatever you get
As I mentionned in prior posts, The car needs to be driven in the winter!
The CLK 63 black series would be impossible in those conditions.
I know this for a fact because we have one aswell!
One of the most fun cars i've ever driven! A lot more balanced than the SL65 black series, thats forsure!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
As I mentionned in prior posts, The car needs to be driven in the winter!
The CLK 63 black series would be impossible in those conditions.
I know this for a fact because we have one aswell!
One of the most fun cars i've ever driven! A lot more balanced than the SL65 black series, thats forsure!
True, they aren't very good in the snow. Have you thought about an R8 or 911 GT3 or TT?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Go for it, the GT R is amazing beast and it worth every $$$$$