C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Finally Tinted the Tail Lights..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
And let's not forget, if anyone ever rear ends you and happens to notice that you have the least bit of tint on your brake lights, you are likely in for a lot of hassle and probably 100% fault for the wreck...even if the reason is they were a clueless idiot and in the middle of a text while trying to eat thier lunch...
Old 02-23-2011, 07:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'13 F10 535i / '05 W211 E55
+1 for the rear ending situation..

i think a dark cherry would have been better.. but as long as you like it thats all that matters.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by sb.legacy
.. but as long as you like it thats all that matters.
You are the second person to write this. Where do you people learn this concept and why does it not occur to you that you live in a society, not alone on an island?

Last edited by Sportstick; 02-23-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sportstick
You are the second person to write this. Where do you people learn this concept and why does it not occur to you that you live in a society, not alone on an island?
Are you serious? No need to get your panties in a bunch, okay?

Sure, in theory, these are definitely hazardous. But if you're unable to gauge a decreasing distance between yourself and the car in front of you in day light driving conditions, then you probably shouldn't be driving in the first place.
In terms of night conditions, they'll definitely be illuminated and visible so long as the weather isn't problematic. And if the weather is a problem as you stated, then don't you think it would be a good idea to keep a distance?

Too bad he sprayed the third brake light too, huh?..

Way to overreact and make it seem like the brakes lights are now completely obsolete and non-functional. If he likes it, then your opinion doesn't mean a thing. Unfortunately for him, I think the cops may do something about it depending on the area he's in.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Are you serious? No need to get your panties in a bunch, okay?

Sure, in theory, these are definitely hazardous. But if you're unable to gauge a decreasing distance between yourself and the car in front of you in day light driving conditions, then you probably shouldn't be driving in the first place.
In terms of night conditions, they'll definitely be illuminated and visible so long as the weather isn't problematic. And if the weather is a problem as you stated, then don't you think it would be a good idea to keep a distance?

Too bad he sprayed the third brake light too, huh?..

Way to overreact and make it seem like the brakes lights are now completely obsolete and non-functional. If he likes it, then your opinion doesn't mean a thing. Unfortunately for him, I think the cops may do something about it depending on the area he's in.

Absolutely serious. The hazard you acknowledge is not just a theory.

Not everyone has the reflexes or perceptions of a 20 year old. A 70 year old in a Town Car has the same right to expect a legally visible taillamp in front of them. Regardless of whatever standard you personally have for who should or should not drive, a wide range of people are out on the road, sanctioned by the state. They all deserve protection of the legal standards for automobiles.

Taking an opposing argument to an extreme to then discredit it is an old debate tactic. No one said they are completely non-functional, so no red herrings, please. They are diminished, with regard for only what pleases the owner, and no apparent regard for the people around him.

We agree that the police may, indeed, help dark taillamp owners realize the importance of caring about the impact on the society around them. Let's hope it happens before an unfortunate result to an innocent bystander.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:51 PM

Absolutely serious. The hazard you acknowledge is not just a theory.

Not everyone has the reflexes or perceptions of a 20 year old. A 70 year old in a Town Car has the same right to expect a legally visible taillamp in front of them. Regardless of whatever standard you personally have for who should or should not drive, a wide range of people are out on the road, sanctioned by the state. They all deserve protection of the legal standards for automobiles.

Taking an opposing argument to an extreme to then discredit it is an old debate tactic. No one said they are completely non-functional, so no red herrings, please. They are diminished, with regard for only what pleases the owner, and no apparent regard for the people around him.

We agree that the police may, indeed, help dark taillamp owners realize the importance of caring about the impact on the society around them. Let's hope it happens before an unfortunate result to an innocent bystander.
They definitely don't. Regardless, a certain degree of common sense as well as the understanding of the basic concepts of defensive driving should be implored every time you get into a vehicle. If you're unable to achieve or realize this on a basic level, then you should not be operating a motorized vehicle period.

I definitely see the concern and the issue behind it and the point you're making. But there are two sides to this, regardless. To someone who is suited and fit to drive, this shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, for the OP and anyone like him, it's not going to matter. He will almost always be at fault if anything were to occur, it's more than enough to get the entirety of the blame placed on him. That's too much of a liability to ignore in my opinion.

Last edited by draz.amg; 02-23-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C350 Sport
haha you got me with the clear coat but i was waiting for the vht to dry further before applyinh.. but i went ahead and fixed the red light as well and despite all the hate on this forum , whether my lights are "shoddy" "shotty" or "shawty"" haha heres a couple more pics of the finished product..

as far as safety, thanks for your concern and during the daytime the lights have not proved to be a problem.. ill keep you updated as far as the police in my area but as of right now the lights are tinted and they're here to stay

to each their own....

sorry bout quality just took these with my iphone
Attached Thumbnails Finally Tinted the Tail Lights..-img_0209.jpg   Finally Tinted the Tail Lights..-img_0210.jpg  
Old 02-23-2011, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
They definitely don't. Regardless, a certain degree of common sense as well as the understanding of the basic concepts of defensive driving should be implored every time you get into a vehicle. If you're unable to achieve or realize this on a basic level, then you should not be operating a motorized vehicle period.

I definitely see the concern and the issue behind it and the point you're making. But there are two sides to this, regardless. Unfortunately for the OP and anyone like him, it's not going to matter. He will almost always be at fault if anything were to occur. That's too much of a liability and issue waiting to happen to ignore in my opinion.
I agree with everything you wrote in this post ^. The distressing part is that the other side of the argument comes from a societal view much more insular than I would hope for someone granted the privilege to drive.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:09 PM

I agree with everything you wrote in this post ^. The distressing part is that the other side of the argument comes from a societal view much more insular than I would hope for someone granted the privilege to drive.
Agreed. Unfortunately, it is what it is. It sounds bad but that's the reality of it. Not everyone keeps the best interests of others in mind when making decisions. I'll leave it at that. Good luck and be safe, everyone.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
Originally Posted by philyeagles7994
haha you got me with the clear coat but i was waiting for the vht to dry further before applyinh.. but i went ahead and fixed the red light as well and despite all the hate on this forum , whether my lights are "shoddy" "shotty" or "shawty"" haha heres a couple more pics of the finished product..

as far as safety, thanks for your concern and during the daytime the lights have not proved to be a problem.. ill keep you updated as far as the police in my area but as of right now the lights are tinted and they're here to stay

to each their own....

sorry bout quality just took these with my iphone
You probably want to keep an extra pair of OEM tail lights just in case you come across a fix it ticket from the police... It may take several hours of scrubbing to restore your tail lights to it's original color

I know xxxhotelcrazyxxx is selling a pair of OEM tail light covers... Im not sure if it's still available