C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

HELP!!!!! I have the COMAND option.... Is my nav broken?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2011 | 09:01 PM

2010 C300 Sport 4Matic
HELP!!!!! I have the COMAND option.... Is my nav broken?

I have a 2010 C300 with Nav. When I select the navigation option, or press the Nav button, it gives me an message that says "No Navigation". I just bought the car with 7k miles so it's still well within warranty. Is this an issue or do I have to pay a ton of money to have nav loaded onto the HDD?

Thank you for any help you can give!
Old 03-06-2011 | 09:16 PM

2009 C300 4Matic
I've never heard of that problem, usually everything is loaded and you just have to pay for the DVD for upgraded maps every couple years or whenever you want. However, i did a search and found this under a MB FAQ forum... (http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+FAQ-faq-1.html)

23. My COMAND unit in My S/CL says "No Navigation" when I press NAV or MAP - what is wrong?

Mercedes supplied COMAND without navigation in certain models/markets. The units seem to be identical but have different software in them - and it is not clear whether such vehicles have the GPS antenna installed in them. The answer is to replace the unit - but there may be other ways to enable Navigation - although the dealer can not do it from their Star Diagnosis system.
Old 03-06-2011 | 09:19 PM

2009 C300 4Matic
...In any case I would stop by the MB dealership you bought it from. I'm surprised they would sell a vehicle with navigation that wasn't functional without telling you...
Old 03-07-2011 | 03:15 AM

2010 C300 Sport 4Matic
@jwachmid - Thank you for the info. That's weird, and I can't even explain how mad I'll be if I find out I don't actually have Nav in this car!!! I'll update when I find out...
Old 03-07-2011 | 08:20 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Originally Posted by jwschmid
23. My COMAND unit in My S/CL says "No Navigation" when I press NAV or MAP - what is wrong?

Mercedes supplied COMAND without navigation in certain models/markets. The units seem to be identical but have different software in them
Yep, this does actually exist and surprised me when I first learned of it. My sales rep searched inventory recently to see if a car like I wanted already existed anywhere on the East Coast (it didn't, so I'm waiting for a factory order). One of the cars that came up had COMAND without navigation. Never having heard of such a thing, my response was essentially, "WTF is that?" It is a special order option but when I found out that it's not much more than the motorized screen and that it is a ~$1600 option (plus the $250 special order charge) my response became, "Who would want that?" I guess there are at least two people who wanted it: whoever ordered your car and whoever ordered the car my rep found.

Did you buy your car from a dealer? Did they tell you it has nav? Is anything written down about the car having nav? Hopefully there is and you can go back to them about this, but if not or if this was a private party sale then I think you might be out of luck.