C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-16-2015, 03:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Window Tint ??? Pictures ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by YourBoyFools
I didn't realize not having an opinion was common sense... Man, I sure am learning a lot here!

So at what point can I post something like:

Which is clearly mocking other members and then make a hypocritical post calling out someone else for doing the same thing? Is that information located in the "Common Sense Folder" as well?

I just want to make sure I'm doing all this right... Thanks in advance!
There is a 50 post minimum for that category...Those pics are not of members cars, and that was just a little schtick, not a ghetto referencing insult hahaa....but at this point, I think I met my match on the subject, so I am calling a truce with ya Fool...with me?

BTW - Ironically enough, I did have my car tinted with Llumar tint earlier this week...35% on all 6 side windows, 20% on back "windshield" only..so, mostly classy, with a touch of hood. Looks fantastic, will post some pics later.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Haha, glad to see you bit the bullet and got the tints done. Any regrets on doing the back a different %? Is it easily noticeable.

I am thinking about doing the windshield 50 or 70%. It is a PITA when the sun is shining from the front. Anyone who has done it and can provide feedback?

What do you do with the registration and inspection, also, the mercedes sticker on the passenger side?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic
Gratz on getting the tints done! And yeah, I'm fine with a truce. All that jersey pride we both have is hard to get by lol!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:44 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by jctevere
Haha, glad to see you bit the bullet and got the tints done. Any regrets on doing the back a different %? Is it easily noticeable.

I am thinking about doing the windshield 50 or 70%. It is a PITA when the sun is shining from the front. Anyone who has done it and can provide feedback?

What do you do with the registration and inspection, also, the mercedes sticker on the passenger side?

No regrets at all, it is exactly what I wanted - the difference is unoticeable from any angle and it just darkens the overall look from the sides enough to bring it where I wanted it - The installer had the exact same % set up done on his car (4 dr Civic) so I got to see how it basically looked ahead of time. I did my CTS all 35% including the back window and it still bothers me how you can see through it too easily (see pics). I will post some better pics of the 350 later...

Fools - I hear ya on the hard headed Jersey pride - took alot for me to kill that conversation without at least one more round or two...haha, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Window Tint ???  Pictures ???-tipstint.jpg   Window Tint ???  Pictures ???-tintrear.jpg  
Old 03-25-2011, 01:48 PM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
GLA45 AMG, GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by YourBoyFools
Ah, my apologies for having an opinion... I'll make sure I check it at the door next time. Where do I pick up the flyer that tells me what to think and feel, is it next to the kool-aid?

Like I said, it's a matter of opinion... and I have mine. I think going too dark on a luxury sedan makes it look hoodrich and less classy. Whereas on a sportscar it's more acceptable (in my eyes).

I'm not knocking anyone on here, and if I offended anyone I apologize. However, I'm sure they like it enough and are secure enough in their opinions to not get all upset and rip their tints off because I'm not fond of it.

So yeah, I can't wait until I get 53 more posts so I can call people out too!

As they say opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one....LOL

now that being said, I did not say it to offend you either, you are entitled to your opinion

by the way,,,,I will keep my tint just the way it is.....

tinting my car is for more than the looks cool factor, it actually keeps the interior cooler, and protects the interior as well, so it has a few benefits

plus I get it done for nothing.......biggest benefit of all....
Old 03-25-2011, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
I thought the saying went, "Excuses are like a$$holes, they all stink and everybody has one." haha

Anyway, I'm with you on the free part. While I don't get my tints for free, I got them done for like $125... I just can't fathom people spending $500 plus for tints...
Old 03-25-2011, 02:01 PM

GLA45 AMG, GLC43 AMG
Especially on a leased vehicle......mine goes back Saturday..... :-(

picking up a ML350, not the same, but I need the room....

and I only need to tint the front doors, all else is already done factory....
Old 03-25-2011, 02:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Originally Posted by jctevere
I thought the saying went, "Excuses are like a$$holes, they all stink and everybody has one." haha

Anyway, I'm with you on the free part. While I don't get my tints for free, I got them done for like $125... I just can't fathom people spending $500 plus for tints...

FFFFFFF.... I got my tint done for $145 and that wasn't any kind of deal or discount, there's 4 shops near me that are all about the same price. I think the lowest offer I got was for $110. Who paid $500 for their tint? You can buy like an entire roll of tint for $500 and teach yourself through trial and error!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:27 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by Peabody
FFFFFFF.... I got my tint done for $145 and that wasn't any kind of deal or discount, there's 4 shops near me that are all about the same price. I think the lowest offer I got was for $110. Who paid $500 for their tint? You can buy like an entire roll of tint for $500 and teach yourself through trial and error!
Florida is the inexpensive tint capitol of the world...

There is a ceramic Huper Optik tint that does run close to 500 bucks up here in the northeast. I just paid $235 for all 7 windows a couple days ago for Llumar brand tint which was also quoted a litte higher than Johnson or Madico which they quoted just under $200. After researching a bit, I liked what I read about Llumar adhesives and the guarantee to never change color...

Brand is another topic where everyone has opinions - I am not saying Llumar is best, just liked it for my car...
Old 03-30-2011, 02:22 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Here is a couple of pics - sorry for the crappy phone pics, but hopefully you get the idea...btw - how do you get actual pictures to show up in the post, as opposed to the thumbnails?

(35% for all side windows, 20% rear windshield)
Attached Thumbnails Window Tint ???  Pictures ???-tint01.jpg   Window Tint ???  Pictures ???-tint02.jpg  
Old 03-30-2011, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
I don't attach the images, I just use HTML with the [img] in the front and then follow up with the [/img] after the url of the image.

And while $125 might not sound like a good deal for a tint job (especially if oyu don't live in NY) here on long island thats considered a very good deal. Especially for decent tints, not the stuff that turns purple in a few years.

Service A here cost $375 at the dealers and service B is $600+!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:33 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by Scat01
Here is a couple of pics - sorry for the crappy phone pics, but hopefully you get the idea...btw - how do you get actual pictures to show up in the post, as opposed to the thumbnails?

(35% for all side windows, 20% rear windshield)
Love the tints !! I've always wanted to get 35% for my ride also .... lookign just like yours however i juuust know i'll be pulled over by the cops every other freeaking day !!!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:43 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by omgitselaine
Love the tints !! I've always wanted to get 35% for my ride also .... lookign just like yours however i juuust know i'll be pulled over by the cops every other freeaking day !!!
Thanks! I am Jersey too and never got pulled over in my other car which has been tinted for about 4 years with 35% all around - Go for it, besides, no more inspection except for emissions ha...
Old 03-30-2011, 02:52 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by Scat01
Thanks! I am Jersey too and never got pulled over in my other car which has been tinted for about 4 years with 35% all around - Go for it, besides, no more inspection except for emissions ha...
Nooo waay ....... really ?? Wow that's great to hear however i know with my luck i probably will so i'd rather not deal with the hassle but your ride does look nice !!!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:39 PM

Mercedes Benz W204
Originally Posted by MBc250
Oh you mean the rear windshield. Yea that's actually a good idea. Wish I thought of that before I got my tint. But yea I think that's prob your beat bet. Do you live in toronto? I have a really good tint guy who does several dealerships, has a good rep and uses the llumar film.

Hey i got the same ride pedallium silver with ash grey interior and wanted to get tinits...im located in toronto so was just wondering who did you get yours done from? Thanks
Old 04-19-2011, 11:46 PM

Mercedes Benz W204
Originally Posted by GateKeeper
Especially on a leased vehicle......mine goes back Saturday..... :-(

picking up a ML350, not the same, but I need the room....

and I only need to tint the front doors, all else is already done factory....
my car is leased as well and im not sure if i do 20% tints all around, I would get a hard time from the dealership when i go to return it. any feedback on this?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:20 AM

c300
Originally Posted by RickyK
my car is leased as well and im not sure if i do 20% tints all around, I would get a hard time from the dealership when i go to return it. any feedback on this?
Remove the tint before you return the car.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:25 AM

GLA45 AMG, GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by RickyK
If they don't like it they will pull it off themselves, no cost to you....

I returned mine a couple of weeks back, they actually liked the tint, and left it alone, saves them the expense of having to put it on, and or the customer having to pay for it again

worry more about condition of your tires, brakes, rips and tears in the interior, and big scratches and dents on the exterior, you will get a card the size of a credit card this is what you use to gauge any defects on the car, bigger than it and it's your dime to fix, anything smaller you don't need to worry about it.....

Most of us take good care of our cars, I don't think any of us will have issues...

however I was asked to remove my clear side markers and put back the originals, and I had changed the fog lights to a different manufacturer I was asked to put back the originals as well, glad I kept both of these items.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:03 PM

Black C300
Originally Posted by krewcial
I'm gonna get mine done this weekend. Going for F1 Pinnacle 35% all around.
Can you please post pictures? I'm getting mine done but can't decide whether to get 35% all around or 20% rear and 35% front. Thanks in advance!