C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

DDM Tuning disappointment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 ML350
DDM Tuning disappointment

Not sure if anyone if planning on ordering HID lights from DDM Tuning, but I thought I would let you all in on my experience so far. I ordered the lights, both headlight and fog lights, in January of this year. Installation was smooth and the lights worked perfectly for the first 3 weeks. After that the right headlight would occasionally give a "bulb out" warning even though the error cancellers had been installed. About 2 weeks later the headlight would actually fail to come on intermittently and after some testing I determined that it was a bad ballast. I contacted DDM and they were happy to replace the ballast, I simply had to mail it back to them. Well, they've had for 1 week now and yesterday I received an email stating that there was a shortage of ballasts and that those new orders that specified priority shipment would be sent out in 2-3 days, while all others will be sent out in 2-4 weeks. When I called customer service this morning I was told that I would not receive mine for 2-4 weeks, even though I paid to have my original order priority shipped. It's poor customer service like this that will make me shop elsewhere in the future. Hope you all have a better experience if you choose to go with DDM Tuning.

Kevin
Old 03-24-2011, 09:46 PM

C300
Originally Posted by kjmurphy
Not sure if anyone if planning on ordering HID lights from DDM Tuning, but I thought I would let you all in on my experience so far. I ordered the lights, both headlight and fog lights, in January of this year. Installation was smooth and the lights worked perfectly for the first 3 weeks. After that the right headlight would occasionally give a "bulb out" warning even though the error cancellers had been installed. About 2 weeks later the headlight would actually fail to come on intermittently and after some testing I determined that it was a bad ballast. I contacted DDM and they were happy to replace the ballast, I simply had to mail it back to them. Well, they've had for 1 week now and yesterday I received an email stating that there was a shortage of ballasts and that those new orders that specified priority shipment would be sent out in 2-3 days, while all others will be sent out in 2-4 weeks. When I called customer service this morning I was told that I would not receive mine for 2-4 weeks, even though I paid to have my original order priority shipped. It's poor customer service like this that will make me shop elsewhere in the future. Hope you all have a better experience if you choose to go with DDM Tuning.

Kevin
Sorry to hear about your issues. I've ordered HID kits from them for every car i've owned since about 2007. Sucks you are having so many issues. I'm sure they will make it right. Good luck with everything.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
hey man i've been ordering DDM kits for 2 of my cars and i just recently received my other pair that i just ordered for my Civic. The installation came out great and no issues here it might be that your kit was a bad batch. GL
Old 03-25-2011, 08:12 AM

2010 ML350
Originally Posted by Spec_Davis
hey man i've been ordering DDM kits for 2 of my cars and i just recently received my other pair that i just ordered for my Civic. The installation came out great and no issues here it might be that your kit was a bad batch. GL
I don't have any issues with the fact that once in a while there will be a defective ballast, bulb, etc. My issue is with the fact that I will now be without the ballast for 3-5 weeks, while new orders are being filled before me. That's no way to keep customers.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 AM

C300
I experienced the same delays you've had. I placed an order for the 55w 8000k kit on the first of this month. On the 10th, I received my first email that it was on backorder and, unless I had overnight/2day/3day shipping, I should expect 2-3 more weeks. Fast forward to a couple days ago, the 21st, and I receive another email, this time saying 2-4 weeks. I complained to them that the two shipping ranges do not match (2-3 weeks from the 10th versus 2-4 from the 21st), and two days later I get a notice that my order was fulfilled.

I also noticed that it is being shipped directly from China. Anyone know how long before I should expect it to arrive in Ohio?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:28 AM

99' Toyota Corolla
im in the same pool...also waiting eons for my HID kit. I wouldve ordered from someone else if their kits sucked but they have been performing amicably in the past...
Old 03-25-2011, 09:35 AM

c200k
I would say that this is poor and a poor business model. They have to stop being robots and go on a case by case basis. It's the loss of this aspect in business that is spreading the customer bases thin because we can simply google and choose the cheapest or another supplier, rather than being loyal to one company- to their disadvantage.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:09 AM

99' Toyota Corolla
i would agree. I was tempted to go with HIDextra or v-leds but i know DDM works so i just bit the bullet and went with them. I also have 2 extra DDM ballasts lying around incase one of the new ones is defective...save me a month of waiting lol