C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New 2010+ Style Mirror LED 'COVERS' for $139?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic Sport + Premium 2
Can somebody confirm that its possible to change the mirror covers on the bigger 08-09' side mirrors without actually removing the side mirror like in this video?

Mirror cover replacement on a W204 (2013 model)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes C220 AMG Style
Hi everyone!!

I have a faulty led in the driver side mirror, maybe due to age... It simply doesnt work. So i want to change the led. The mercedes seller wants 140 € for a cover with led. But i would prefer buy a pair of these covers available on the ebay for the same price.

So my question is: my car is a w204 11.2008 amg style. It already has the arrow cover from factory. Will these covers in ebay fit my car?! I dont know if my car has the big or smaller mirrors...

Another question, some prefer to connect the puddle light to the light in the door and others to the rear dome light. I think that the light on + fade in and out effect when the car is open or close but remote key is a different circuit than when we in fact use the button to turn on a specific light (or lights). Those anyone know if there is a module that controls the fade in and out + turn on/off lights when openning or closing the car?! Because if that module exists, it would be the perfect place to connect the dome light in these ebay cover mirrors...

One user in a previous post talked about the slot 1 in the module (inside the triangle cover in the door) being used in newer cars with the dome light from factory, and the ones without dome light from factory that slot being free. Does anyone know anything about this?! Can someone with a dome light in the mirror from factory post a picture of that module?! The triangle cover is easy to get off...

Cheers...

Last edited by psaldanha; 03-20-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic Sport + Premium 2
well, I finally installed these 2010+ mirror covers and they look amazing on my iridium silver car.

However, before I completed the install I had a frightening moment after installing the 1st passenger side cover and LED. Not sure if you guys noticed but the cable extension for the LED connector has no sides so I tried one side and that didn't work so I had to turn the connector around and then the arrow led turned on BUT then my front passenger side eyelid light would stay on all the time. I thought that I had a short circuit I was freaking out. Then I told myself maybe its because I need to install both sides for everything to work. So I quickly installed the driver side (took max 10 mins for this one and worrying at the same). After I completed the install, luckily both arrow LED side mirror worked BUT the passenger side eyelid was STILL on. I was sweating bricks. I checked and re-plugged the side connectors and then started a dance of starting the car engine, shutting it off, putting alarm on, off, etc.

then I get out of the car and now all the lights are properly off...wow. I couldn't believe it. This is my first benz so I guess I needed to do some sort of reset to make the car see that all is ok?

At any rate...for now, all is working perfectly (cross fingers) and looks awesome.

Cheers
Old 05-10-2013, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4matic
Finally got the courage to do my mirrors with the great direction provided by blue00r6. It was much easier than I thought it would be. I would say anyone who's on the fence about these, don't be afraid.

I also bought my mirrors from a seller in Cali, it came to 139 total with shipping included
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310661496564...84.m1497.l2649

Here are some pictures:

Old 03-14-2014, 09:37 AM

2012 C63 ///AMG coupe
anyone selling their OEM cover mars red?
Old 03-04-2017, 07:48 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
resurrecting a super old thread

but I want to ask how are these mirror covers and the LEDs holding up for the members that still have theirs?
Old 03-13-2017, 07:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 Mercedes C350 Sport, 2006 Mercedes C280, 2001 BMW 530i
They work great. I have a black pair of them for sale, if anyone is interested. Can save some money over new, they're still in mint condition btw. Can ship priority mail. Pm me.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by C350King
They work great. I have a black pair of them for sale, if anyone is interested. Can save some money over new, they're still in mint condition btw. Can ship priority mail. Pm me.
That's good to hear. Are yours metallic black or regular black?

I'm deciding if I should get a black set, or Carbon Fiber. The CF ones are much more costly..
Old 03-14-2017, 12:07 AM

Black color code #197, so I'm assuming the glossy black ones?
Old 03-14-2017, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by C350King
Black color code #197, so I'm assuming the glossy black ones?
ah, #197 is the metallic one.

I got offered a really good price for the CF covers.. but I can't decide if I want to save some money and just get reg black ones or splurge a little for the CF ones.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:09 AM

Yeah I can't tell the difference, they don't seem very metallic to me haha. Yeah the CF covers are pricey, I ended up with the black ones and was happy. I could see getting CF ones if you have CF parts on your car...then it'd match.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:42 AM

2001 c320
First of all thanks everyone for this write up, very helpful!

Looks like this thread is pretty old but thought I'd share my experience.

I just did purchased these (miracleautodesign) due to my original mirror breaking from hitting something. Anyways I did the install on my driver side. Didn't have time to the the passenger yet but just want to call out a few things I noticed during the install.

1. The Led plug is polarized so if it doesn't work you maybe need to flip it around to get it working.
- This was the case for me - I didn't try flipping it around yet so i'll see if that fixes it. (I temporarily plugged in the wire to the puddle light as a signal just to get that dam turn signal error off my dash lol)

2. Puddle light can be wired to the red inside door light (seems like the common scenario) or the dome light (no one has done this yet?)
- Is there a DIY on wiring the puddle light to the red light?

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes C220 AMG Style
Originally Posted by kevvvinoOo
First of all thanks everyone for this write up, very helpful!

Looks like this thread is pretty old but thought I'd share my experience.

I just did purchased these (miracleautodesign) due to my original mirror breaking from hitting something. Anyways I did the install on my driver side. Didn't have time to the the passenger yet but just want to call out a few things I noticed during the install.

1. The Led plug is polarized so if it doesn't work you maybe need to flip it around to get it working.
- This was the case for me - I didn't try flipping it around yet so i'll see if that fixes it. (I temporarily plugged in the wire to the puddle light as a signal just to get that dam turn signal error off my dash lol)

2. Puddle light can be wired to the red inside door light (seems like the common scenario) or the dome light (no one has done this yet?)
- Is there a DIY on wiring the puddle light to the red light?

Thanks!
Hi!

To the 2nd question, there is a DIY to wire the puddle light to the rear dome. The problem here is that if you switch on the light inside the car, it will switch on the puddle light (you can avoid this with a relay wired to something that detects the engine running or something).

In fact, the best is to wire to the red warning door panel light. It will turn on in the almost optimal scenarios you need. Wiring it is just a manner of getting the cables from the red light to the puddle, just remove door panel. Easy!

An idea i saw, more than install and wire puddle light, place some led light or strips below the side skirts. That was a great idea, and it gives a strong light all around the car!!!

Good luck!