C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Almost traded for a 2011 Evo!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300
of course bentley owners look down at mercedes, And i dont drive a stripped down mercedes, i chose to spend the extra money to get 4matic instead of the MM package and p2, and no i am not special but i drive a Mercedes, not a mitsubishi, thats all i was saying

Mercedes > Mitsubishi any day of the week, unless you are racing lmao.

Nobody is on a high horse, all im saying is that Mercedes is a better Car maker than mitsubishi. thats a Fact, thats why you dont see many mitsubishis on the road, atleast in the east coast ha

Last edited by lamonsas; 04-15-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:43 PM

2011 C300
Originally Posted by cjh.
The statement in bold makes literally NO SENSE. None.

You drive a C class, the bread and butter, cheapest Mercedes available. You're not that special. Sorry to break it to you. A new Chevrolet Tahoe costs more than our cars do.

If you're at an age where you're trying to "get chicks", an Evo with a loud exhaust would likely do the trick better than the three-pointed star would. The Evo would hand your C300 its *** on a silver platter in terms of performance.
I didnt buy my C300 to race lmao, maybe you did but i didnt I bought it because of its style and the fact its a Mercedes ,not a mitsubishi lmao
Old 04-15-2011, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by lamonsas
LMAO, you can say all u want about a Mitsubishi, everyone knows the chicks go with the guys that drive a Benz, not a mitsubishi a Mitsubishi is not in the same class as a Mercedes and its funny how u start talking about how a mitsubishi has more hp than my mercedes, im talking about CLASS and style , not about a Japanese car LOL

And maybe your car is "Stripped" down but mine is surely not a "stripped down" merceds.

Your mitsubishi can have all the bhp in the world, but you know what, at the end of the day you are still driving a MITSUBISHI. end of story buddy.
lol
Old 04-15-2011, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
I didnt buy my C300 to race lmao, maybe you did but i didnt I bought it because of its style and the fact its a Mercedes ,not a mitsubishi lmao
Which tells us all we need to know about you. Why are you on this forum anyway? It's for enthusiasts. Not brand ******.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:04 PM

C300 2008
^ +1
Old 04-15-2011, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by BK63amg
Which tells us all we need to know about you. Why are you on this forum anyway? It's for enthusiasts. Not brand ******.
+2 Nice one!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:54 PM

w204 2009
this thread became lol
Old 04-15-2011, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
Mitsubishi is probably the crappiest automaker on the planet. Having said that, I still think the Evo is a great car and a bargain, and I find lamonsas comments entertaining.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:59 PM

2011 C300
The Evo might be good(only the Evo) but its not to be compared to a Mercedes, thats all im saying
Old 04-15-2011, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
The Evo might be good(only the Evo) but its not to be compared to a Mercedes, thats all im saying
Depends what you're looking for. The C300 has better quality, the evo has better performance. Everyone has different priorities.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by ranjel
I have an 2009 Evo X MR as my weekend car...... LOVE IT

You just cant find anything else for that price range that has all of the features that the EVO has!

Get it , you will never regret it!
Any more pics of your X MR you can share? I am more of a V8 RWD kinda weekend warrior guy, but thing looks badass...
Old 04-15-2011, 08:45 PM

2010 C300 Sport 6 speed Steel Gray
LMAO, you can say all u want about a Mitsubishi, everyone knows the chicks go with the guys that drive a Benz, not a mitsubishi a Mitsubishi is not in the same class as a Mercedes and its funny how u start talking about how a mitsubishi has more hp than my mercedes, im talking about CLASS and style , not a car with alot of hp and acceleration LOL

And maybe your car is "Stripped" down but mine is surely not a "stripped down" mercedes.

Your mitsubishi can have all the bhp in the world, but you know what, at the end of the day you are still driving a MITSUBISHI. end of story buddy.
well maybe its not a POS but you are comparing a MERCEDES to a Mitsubishi , nuff said.

No wonder mitsubishi has a 10 year warranty on their cars, they dont last.

A mitsubishi should never be mentioned in the same sentence Mercedes is mentioned better yet COMPARED to a mercedes but who am i to judge
you were going to trade a MERCEDES luxury car for a POS Japanese car? LMFAO
You are a funny guy!! What are u 18 years old!!?? LOL! Sorry to say bud, but we drive a baby benz!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 PM

2011 C300
no, i am 23 and yes we do drive a baby benz but its a high quality car with high quality materials and electronics unlike other cars in the market with a long history of class and style of Mercedes Benz, a Mercedes is a Mercedes, a mitsubishi is just ... well, a Mitsubishi

And our Mercedes carries many features both in style and design from the AMG counterparts.

If you want to call our C300s and C350s crap and say how a mitsubishi is better than our Mercedes Benzes then go ahead but dont forget one thing, you are in the Mercedes forum.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

no, i am 23 and yes we do drive a baby benz but its a high quality car with high quality materials and electronics unlike other cars in the market with a long history of class and style of Mercedes Benz, a Mercedes is a Mercedes, a mitsubishi is just ... well, a Mitsubishi

And our Mercedes carries many features both in style and design from the AMG counterparts.

If you want to call our C300s and C350s crap and say how a mitsubishi is better than our Mercedes Benzes then go ahead but dont forget one thing, you are in the Mercedes forum
Hmm... so according to this logic, it's true and correct when people on a kia forum say their cars have better build quality, are faster AND are superior cars to, lets say, Acura? Toyota? Mercedes? Okay.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 PM

2011 C300
Look, you want to continue saying mitsubishi is better than Mercedes Benz then go ahead, you will just make yourself look like a newbie. As i said ,the Evo maybe the only Okay car mitsubishi makes and thats only cuz it has performance(no luxury features, safety etc), any other mitsubishi car is substandard, have u ever been to a mitsubishi dealer? im guessing not cuz no one even walks into their dealerships and for a good reason lol

Oh and btw since you seem to know so much about how 4Matic sucks, how many Mitsubishis have u seen driving in snow? hmm, im in the east coast and we had a bunch of snow this winter and i saw Many BMWs, Benzes, Toyotas driving in snow, i havent seen a single mitsubishi driving in snow so how can u say German AWD sucks and japaneese AWD is superior makes completely no sense

Last edited by lamonsas; 04-15-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:58 PM

C204
Old 04-15-2011, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Look, you want to continue saying mitsubishi is better than Mercedes Benz then go ahead, you will just make yourself look like a newbie. As i said ,the Evo maybe the only Okay car mitsubishi makes and thats only cuz it has performance(no luxury features, safety etc), any other mitsubishi car is substandard, have u ever been to a mitsubishi dealer? im guessing not cuz no one even walks into their dealerships and for a good reason lol

Oh and btw since you seem to know so much about how 4Matic sucks, how many Mitsubishis have u seen driving in snow? hmm, im in the east coast and we had a bunch of snow this winter and i saw Many BMWs, Benzes, Toyotas driving in snow, i havent seen a single mitsubishi driving in snow so how can u say German AWD sucks and japaneese AWD is superior makes completely no sense
You should totally consider working as a BMW salesman. You have the ego/assuming personality to go with it.

If you had any idea how amazing the technology behind the Evo's active yaw control, differential, and traction control is, you would not be talking.

Basically man, just let the Evo lovers love their evos. Let the mercedes lovers love their mercedes. Don't start an argument on what car is better simply because of the brand. Each has its ups and downs and most of us don't need it pointed out by a raving luxury car fanatic. We all have different tastes. And seriously. Who ARE you to judge.

On a side note. I've been in an evo. That thing is a beast off the line/through twisties. I was planted in my seat the entire time.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 PM

2008 C350 Sport
lamonsas, you must admit that your initial statement seemed more than a little "brand-whorish" basically stating a C is superior just because it is a MB. I don't think anyone ever tried to say that an Evo is better than any MB. However, it is WAY MORE FUN than a c300 or c350 for that matter. I drive a C350 and it can be fun a times but generally I am already bored with it. It really depends on my mood, overall it is a great car but there are days when I wished it were faster, less refined, and more "tossable". I'm 33 with two young kids so my boy racer days are behind me but I've started looking at sportier cars that might be more fun than my C350. Not to mention with the rising price of gas I would like a car that got more like 30 mpg on the daily commute...$65 to fill up today which is stupid. My 2006 Civic Si got 31 mpg, was slower than my C, and way more fun! I would say that most entry level lux sedans aren't much fun for an enthusiast. I'd be bored to death with a C300, sorry guys. And the higher price of a car brand doesn't always make it more fun...

I've started looking at VW GTI's and would love a new Golf-R when they arrive later this year. If I could afford two cars for myself then I would keep my C forever since it is a great car. But...I still wish I had something that was a little more fun. Maybe a 300hp C350 would fit the bill but I'll have to wait for a used one in a couple of years.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:16 PM

2008 C350 Sport
One final point...don't discount brands like Kia/Hyundai/Mitsu/Subaru based on past history. Kia for one is making great cars now that are fun to drive, loaded with features handle well, and get superior gas mileage with more potent engines!!! Timeles brands like Toyota and Honda are falling behind and are less exciting all the time. Tell me why MB cannot get 32 mpg out of a turbo I-4 with 270+ hp. The new 1.8T coming out in the new C will not even get that. Makes you wonder how Kia/Hyundai can do that, hmmm?
Old 04-15-2011, 10:26 PM

2011 C300
Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
You should totally consider working as a BMW salesman. You have the ego/assuming personality to go with it.

If you had any idea how amazing the technology behind the Evo's active yaw control, differential, and traction control is, you would not be talking.

Basically man, just let the Evo lovers love their evos. Let the mercedes lovers love their mercedes. Don't start an argument on what car is better simply because of the brand. Each has its ups and downs and most of us don't need it pointed out by a raving luxury car fanatic. We all have different tastes. And seriously. Who ARE you to judge.

On a side note. I've been in an evo. That thing is a beast off the line/through twisties. I was planted in my seat the entire time.

Sure the Evo might have technology but its for Racing, not Luxury, Mercedes is a Luxury car, call it a baby mercedes its still a mercedes with a high reliability and quality, the argument here was that they said the C300 is crap and Mitsubishi is better and thats just a dumb thing to say.

The c300 is an everyday Luxry car, the Evo is a racing car and is not a Luxury car.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
And our Mercedes carries many features both in style and design from the AMG counterparts..
The only similarity between a C300 and a C63 is the roof and the rear-end sheetmetal.

Also, the C class is not a real "luxury" vehicle. In my opinion, the Infiniti G37/Acura TL/Lexus IS have MUCH nicer interiors than the C class with more standard creature comforts and features. Hell, even the new Honda Accord has a nicer interior.

The powertrain and aggressive styling of the AMG version is the ONLY reason I considered the C-class...the interior is nice enough, but it's got nothing on Audi or BMW...and considering how (relatively) close in performance the EVO is compared with a C63, it's one hell of a car.

Last edited by BK63amg; 04-15-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by BK63amg
The only similarity between a C300 and a C63 is the roof and the rear-end sheetmetal.
You forgot the "C" part too! lolz
Old 04-15-2011, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by I am Jeff
You forgot the "C" part too! lolz
And the 3!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:43 PM

a g
well maybe its not a POS but you are comparing a MERCEDES to a Mitsubishi , nuff said.

No wonder mitsubishi has a 10 year warranty on their cars, they dont last.

A mitsubishi should never be mentioned in the same sentence Mercedes is mentioned better yet COMPARED to a mercedes but who am i to judge

The warranty is merely for a competitive advantage. It clearly worked wonders for Hyundai, and now Kia. Maybe Mitsubishi can capitalize on the reluctance of other manufacturers to offer similar... (Including Mercedes ).
Old 04-15-2011, 11:46 PM

2010 C300 Sport 6 speed Steel Gray
Sure the Evo might have technology but its for Racing, not Luxury, Mercedes is a Luxury car, call it a baby mercedes its still a mercedes with a high reliability and quality, the argument here was that they said the C300 is crap and Mitsubishi is better and thats just a dumb thing to say.

The c300 is an everyday Luxry car, the Evo is a racing car and is not a Luxury car.
Who the hell said the c300 is crap!? If you read the first post u will see that all I wanted to let people know is how tempting it was to trade in the c300 after driving that little mitsu beast. Not once was it said that my car was crap! This is a forum, likre said earlier for enthusiast! Grow up kid!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Almost traded for a 2011 Evo!