C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Almost traded for a 2011 Evo!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 Sport 6 speed Steel Gray
Almost traded for a 2011 Evo!

Yesterday I was bored and decided to go to the Mitsu dealer to see the Evolution. Found a 2011 5 speed and took it on a test drive. All I can say is WOW!! This is a $30,000 Beast! When the boost kicks in this thing just takes off!! The suspension is like riding on rails (super tight handing)! Not the most comfortable car but man what a blast to drive! Cant get it though due to the baby stroller not fitting in the trunk. LOL!!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 PM

w204 2009
ya i wanted the evo as a second car over sti cause sti is manual only its fun having an evo
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 PM

'08 c300 sport
Lol, I'm hoping to get my Evo X by next winter. I have a line of parts I am ready to order for it already hahahaha. Evo X GSR ftw! :P
Old 04-14-2011, 03:29 PM

'08 c300 sport
Originally Posted by krnxalex123
ya i wanted the evo as a second car over sti cause sti is manual only its fun having an evo
LOL if you're gonna get the Evo I would definitely go for the manual transmission. Unless you plan on turning it into a track monster than paddle shifters might be the better option like in the MR. But then again, we already have a nice comfortable daily driver with our C's so track monster it is!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:59 PM

C300 2008
I have an 2009 Evo X MR as my weekend car...... LOVE IT

You just cant find anything else for that price range that has all of the features that the EVO has!

Get it , you will never regret it!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:45 PM

2011 C300
you were going to trade a MERCEDES luxury car for a POS Japanese car? LMFAO
Old 04-14-2011, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W209, E46 M3 (dead), S54 swapped E46 Touring
i think i'm laughing harder than lamonsas at the fact of how close minded he is lol
Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 PM

'08 c300 sport
Originally Posted by lamonsas
I wouldn't go so far as to call it a POS..

Just because the luxury standards in Mitsubishi don't match up to MB doesn't mean it's a POS car. It's a completely different car. Other than the 4 doors they are 2 different types of cars. There are some people who prefer performance and speed over pure luxury. Our cars aren't made to be track cars or made to be modded to go a lot faster. The interests of people who get Mitsubishi Evos and the c300/c350 are a little different. I'm pretty sure most of us, who got the c300 or even the c350 weren't aiming for the fastest car. Those who look at Evos 90% of the time do not keep them stock... They are made to be modified and perform on the track. So I just don't get why you would call it a "POS Japanese car?" So what if the interior of the Evo X is plastic-like. Those that want that car (or most of them) aren't looking for leather seats, navigation, and wood trim... That's just more weight to them

Anyways, I guess that is your opinion. I just would never call Japanese cars "POS's"
Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 PM

C300 2008
Old 04-14-2011, 10:23 PM

2011 C300
well maybe its not a POS but you are comparing a MERCEDES to a Mitsubishi , nuff said.

No wonder mitsubishi has a 10 year warranty on their cars, they dont last.

A mitsubishi should never be mentioned in the same sentence Mercedes is mentioned better yet COMPARED to a mercedes but who am i to judge
Old 04-14-2011, 10:42 PM

Drive an Evo, then you can talk! I love my C300 but damn that evo is fun!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 PM

2009 C300 4Matic
I drove a Mitsubishi Eclipse for almost 7 years before getting my Benz and honestly I have nothing bad to say about Mitsubishis. They're certainly much different than MB, but in the 7 years I had the car I never had one problem or had to spend $1 other than tires, servicing, and preventative maintenance (i.e. nothing broke). Mitsubishis are a great sports car to have fun in at a much lower cost than MB, although I absolutely love my C300 and I'm sure I'll be sticking with Benz's the rest of my life, but if I'm ever looking to get a relatively cheap and fast car to mod out for the weekends, the Evo would be at the top of my list.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 PM

C204
well maybe its not a POS but you are comparing a MERCEDES to a Mitsubishi , nuff said.

A mitsubishi should never be mentioned in the same sentence Mercedes is mentioned better yet COMPARED to a mercedes but who am i to judge
Easydoesit summed it up...

There's more to a car than the brand image. OP is possibly looking for something exciting and the Evo fits that mold.

10 year warranty? It shows that Mitsubishi is ready to stand behind their product. I have to give them extra points for that alone.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:15 AM

C200 CGi
well lamonsas got dough and thinking of trading the C to C63, so no wonder he wouldnt consider EVO at all... but who am I to judge...

I was in the process of trading my C200 CGi with... wait for it... wait for it... a KIA Optima :p almost 1/2 the price will all the C350 gadgets on it (minus the power, only 148kw 4 cyl in the KIA)
Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I took a serious look at the all new Kia Optima when it came out. But when push came to shove I just couldn't do it... Maybe next time around. But it sure is a great car for the money.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!

I can speak from experience as I had a c350 and traded up to the C63. I also had the pleasure of driving a good friends highly modified EVO X. That car handles like it's on rails.

1st of all, you drive a 228hp all wheel drive car and until you have driven a EVO X, you shouldn't be so quick to throw out insults. A person who is interested in a EVO X knows what it is and it's not meant to compare with that slug of car you drive now.

2nd, your narrow minded statement is just perplexing. Should your entry level stripped down C300 be shunned by those who own E's or S classes? BTW...the 4 matic system can't even compare with how great the EVO's awd system.

You should think before you speak next time.

Originally Posted by fefo25
Yesterday I was bored and decided to go to the Mitsu dealer to see the Evolution. Found a 2011 5 speed and took it on a test drive. All I can say is WOW!! This is a $30,000 Beast! When the boost kicks in this thing just takes off!! The suspension is like riding on rails (super tight handing)! Not the most comfortable car but man what a blast to drive! Cant get it though due to the baby stroller not fitting in the trunk. LOL!!
I was contemplating the same thing last year, fortunately for me, my finances allowed me to go to a C63. That EVO X with the 5 speed is the way I would go too. Best bang for the buck!

Last edited by I am Jeff; 04-15-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:45 AM
IPB

c300 4matic
The Evo X is great, but I'm partial to the STI. I had on 05 Stage II, and it was by far the most fun car I've ever owned. Very connected and visceral is the best way to describe it. Everytime I step on the gas in my C I miss the STI.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
Evo, bulletproof engine, fun to thrash around. However not quiet and the interior materials are cheesy. Good value though for the $. Well designed automobile.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=I am Jeff;4626761]I can speak from experience as I had a c350 and traded up to the C63. I also had the pleasure of driving a good friends highly modified EVO X. That car handles like it's on rails.

1st of all, you drive a 228hp all wheel drive car and until you have driven a EVO X, you shouldn't be so quick to throw out insults. A person who is interested in a EVO X knows what it is and it's not meant to compare with that slug of car you drive now.

2nd, your narrow minded statement is just perplexing. Should your entry level stripped down C300 be shunned by those who own E's or S classes? BTW...the 4 matic system can't even compare with how great the EVO's awd system.

You should think before you speak next time.

I was contemplating the same thing last year, fortunately for me, my finances allowed me to go to a C63. That EVO X with the 5 speed is the way I would go too. Best bang for the buck![/QUOT

Now thats an upgrade!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
How's the ride on EVO X?

Was looking at one but they want $54K for fully loaded one incl HID lights here in Canada.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:14 PM

2011 C300
LMAO, you can say all u want about a Mitsubishi, everyone knows the chicks go with the guys that drive a Benz, not a mitsubishi a Mitsubishi is not in the same class as a Mercedes and its funny how u start talking about how a mitsubishi has more hp than my mercedes, im talking about CLASS and style , not a car with alot of hp and acceleration LOL

And maybe your car is "Stripped" down but mine is surely not a "stripped down" mercedes.

Your mitsubishi can have all the bhp in the world, but you know what, at the end of the day you are still driving a MITSUBISHI. end of story buddy.

Last edited by lamonsas; 04-15-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:52 PM

2008 C350

The statement in bold makes literally NO SENSE. None.

You drive a C class, the bread and butter, cheapest Mercedes available. You're not that special. Sorry to break it to you. A new Chevrolet Tahoe costs more than our cars do.

If you're at an age where you're trying to "get chicks", an Evo with a loud exhaust would likely do the trick better than the three-pointed star would. The Evo would hand your C300 its *** on a silver platter in terms of performance.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
LMAO, you can say all u want about a Mitsubishi, everyone knows the chicks go with the guys that drive a Benz, not a mitsubishi a Mitsubishi is not in the same class as a Mercedes and its funny how u start talking about how a mitsubishi has more hp than my mercedes, im talking about CLASS and style , not about a Japanese car LOL

And maybe your car is "Stripped" down but mine is surely not a "stripped down" merceds.

Your mitsubishi can have all the bhp in the world, but you know what, at the end of the day you are still driving a MITSUBISHI. end of story buddy.

It's funny how you speak of class and style. Your C-300 is a stripped down model that does not have the 18" alloys, multimedia, pano, p2 or leather. That's pretty much a stripped down car. So please tell me again how you're "luxury" car is better equipped compared to the EVO? The OP is entitled to get whatever he wants and so are you, but to put down a entire brand because you don't like it without ever driving one?

It's pretty sad that you need a car to help you get the girls. lol
Old 04-15-2011, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LMAO, you can say all u want about a Mitsubishi, everyone knows the chicks go with the guys that drive a Benz, not a mitsubishi a Mitsubishi is not in the same class as a Mercedes and its funny how u start talking about how a mitsubishi has more hp than my mercedes, im talking about CLASS and style , not about a Japanese car LOL

And maybe your car is "Stripped" down but mine is surely not a "stripped down" merceds.

Dude. Porsche/Lambo/Bentley owners are probably thinking the same way about Mercedes/BMW cars, let alone a base model c300. Get off your high horse please. I like the w204 C-Class, but super luxurious it ain't. A mitsubishi is a decent brand, or else it would be where Saturn and Pontiac are right now; dead.

Last edited by LawRens; 04-15-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:40 PM

C300 4Matic

Hey guys new to the forum. Haven't posted here yet just creeping a bit but this meat head Iamonsas is just unbelievably stupid.
If you in fact paid for your own Benz then you have more money then brains otherwise you where born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

Nobody once in this thread said they are comparing a Mitsu to a Benz so stop saying that. It's like comparing a boat to a plane.

I have owned a 08 Evo X and just recently purchased a C300 4matic.

When I bought my Evo X I was younger looking for a car to play with and blow doors off. Many of my friends where also into the tuner scene. I loved guys like you who thought their $80,000+ car would wipe the floor with many rides especially a 4 banger. MANY times were they wrong.

I'm still young now in my later 20's and because of my career and new found need to up hold a more mature gentlemen image I had to let my Evo go.

I was looking for a sedan that was more mature in nature and luxurious. Benz fit in perfectly. I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I bought a used c300 4matic.

The comment about AWD is very true. 4matic (German) has nothing unfortunately on the AWD system of a Mitsu (Japanese) which is the ONLY thing you can compare about the 2 makes not even cars.

Loved the Mitsu no problems with it at all and it has the best warranty. Obviously they aren't worried a out problem with their product.

Not once did I worry about what my interior looked like with the Evo. I didn't buy it for that reason.

Love my c300 it suits my purpose. Maybe in the future I will look to get another tuner but lease of my priorities right now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Almost traded for a 2011 Evo!