C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Definitely a bad way to start a Saturday.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Thanks everyone. Really means a lot to me! I hope you all have a Happy Easter!

Originally Posted by ROLLNNN
damn bro, sorry to hear about this, but glad you made it out ok...
Thanks Roland! But as I posted on mbjunkies, I might need some new decals once the car's fixed. I'm pretty sure the ones I have on there are gunked up or will be taken off during repairs/detailing.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 c300 sport
damn man, sorry to hear that... Glad you're okay though
Old 04-24-2011, 05:36 AM

09 c300 4matic
Sorry to hear that, keep your head up, you're alive.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:08 AM

08 c63
glad to hear your able to walk away without being hurt. on the bright side at least it happened on your way to get the mods instead of on the way back after modding. anyway hope your car a speedy recovery out of the shop and back in your hands.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by DimSum9i6
glad to hear your able to walk away without being hurt. on the bright side at least it happened on your way to get the mods instead of on the way back after modding. anyway hope your car a speedy recovery out of the shop and back in your hands.
Maybe it's only paint required and no body damage? That would be a plus I guess. And maybe you could also have some mods done while they do the other work, if it's the same shop. Glad to hear you came out unscathed.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:39 AM

2009 C300 Luxury P1 w/Multimedia, Arctic White
I wouldn't touch the diesel until the insurance company looks at it. If they have already, then I'd get that mess off your paint pronto.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:45 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Holy crap Alex, glad you're ok. That seriously sucks though. I'll get in touch with Anthony to see about speeding up her recovery.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Originally Posted by DimSum9i6
Yeah that would have definitely been worse...T_T

Originally Posted by noka
Maybe it's only paint required and no body damage? That would be a plus I guess. And maybe you could also have some mods done while they do the other work, if it's the same shop. Glad to hear you came out unscathed.
Well seeing as the rear bumper caught fire, that would have to be replaced, and the fire warped some of the metal (or maybe just the paint) on the rear quarter panel, so that might have to be worked with too.

Originally Posted by Ben'sBenz
I wouldn't touch the diesel until the insurance company looks at it. If they have already, then I'd get that mess off your paint pronto.
Insurance hasn't been able to work with me over the weekend seeing as they're closed/it's Easter, so tomorrow, the adjuster's gonna call me and on Tuesday/Wednesday they'll send someone over to promax to see my car. As much as I hate to have my car sitting caked in diesel...if it has to be it has to be...?

Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Holy crap Alex, glad you're ok. That seriously sucks though. I'll get in touch with Anthony to see about speeding up her recovery.
Thanks Michael! That would be much appreciated. Anthony seems to be pretty helpful already so far. He already had my car towed from the sketchy body shop the AAA tow truck guy took me to even though it was after-hours at Promax.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011_C350
If the remnant diesel damages the paint, the Vons insurer or your insurer will cover the damage. (Assuming diesel actually did damage the paint)
Old 04-24-2011, 11:38 PM

2003 E500 Sport
Holy crap! Talk about bad timing!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:25 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
Thanks Michael! That would be much appreciated. Anthony seems to be pretty helpful already so far. He already had my car towed from the sketchy body shop the AAA tow truck guy took me to even though it was after-hours at Promax.
Good to hear. Yeah, Anthony txt me pics of your car and told him you were a friend so make sure you're taken cared of.

On the plus side..... matte black? metallic pearlescent white? laguna seca blue? or back to gray?
Old 04-25-2011, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Good to hear. Yeah, Anthony txt me pics of your car and told him you were a friend so make sure you're taken cared of.

On the plus side..... matte black? metallic pearlescent white? laguna seca blue? or back to gray?
Thanks Michael! Much appreciated. And hands down I'd go for the metallic pearlescent white. I always had a thing for Starfire Pearl on the Lexus IS >_>. But then again, I also had a thing for Le Mans Blue on bimmers.

On another note, do you guys think that I should get a new rear driver's side tire? The tire did catch fire but I managed to put it out. I'm not sure if the fire was going long enough for it to cause too much damage though. I do have a tire warranty with Discount Tire, but I'm not sure if they would cover tires that catch on fire...

Last edited by snarlingchicken; 04-25-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
what a trip. my friend was probably very close to you when this happened because he managed to take a picture from about the same area you were when the picture was taken...

im glad you're okay!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
Thanks everyone. Really means a lot to me! I hope you all have a Happy Easter!

Thanks Roland! But as I posted on mbjunkies, I might need some new decals once the car's fixed. I'm pretty sure the ones I have on there are gunked up or will be taken off during repairs/detailing.

no prob man, pm me your address again and ill send a couple over to you..
Old 04-25-2011, 04:25 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Thanks Michael! Much appreciated. And hands down I'd go for the metallic pearlescent white. I always had a thing for Starfire Pearl on the Lexus IS >_>. But then again, I also had a thing for Le Mans Blue on bimmers.

On another note, do you guys think that I should get a new rear driver's side tire? The tire did catch fire but I managed to put it out. I'm not sure if the fire was going long enough for it to cause too much damage though. I do have a tire warranty with Discount Tire, but I'm not sure if they would cover tires that catch on fire...
Warranty through insurance won't cover tire replacement? If Discount Tire won't, talk to Anthony, he can hook you up with really really discounted Potenzas or Ventus.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Warranty through insurance won't cover tire replacement? If Discount Tire won't, talk to Anthony, he can hook you up with really really discounted Potenzas or Ventus.
The thing is I remembered I left all my tire warranty stuff in my glovebox in my car. >_> So I can't really find out...maybe I'll just give discount tire a call. Michael, you really have me thinking about the paintjob now T_T. But it all depends on if the paint is damaged or not so I'm not really getting my hopes up.

It's now almost 2PM in the afternoon...adjuster has yet to call
Old 04-25-2011, 05:15 PM

V8, Flat 6, V6, & Turbo flat 4
Sorry to hear but glad you're ok.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:29 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
[QUOTE On another note, do you guys think that I should get a new rear driver's side tire? The tire did catch fire but I managed to put it out. I'm not sure if the fire was going long enough for it to cause too much damage though..[/QUOTE]

Fire damage to the tire is part of the damage claim. Simply point out that it was on fire. Of course it should be replaced by the truck owner's coverage. The idea of you looking around for discounts for them is absurd.

I'm guessing they are happy there were no injuries.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
OKAY. So something more concerning now.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...tory?track=rss
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...ay-in-norwalk/

Really now? Should I be getting in touch with Vons/Safeway over this...?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport

That adds a new dimension. I don't have experience in such matters but my inclination would be to notify your insurance company and provide the links and let them handle it.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:38 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944

Wait a minute. Since you were part of this whole scenario, didn't the CHP provide you with the particulars on the driver and the truck owner so you could contact them?

Of course you should be in contact with the truck owner. YESTERDAY. You can't do anything to the car until their insurance adjuster has seen it and you will be entitled to alternate transportation (they pay) for as long as it takes to repair all the damage at a repair facility of your choosing. Carefully chosen, I might add.

This is not a do-it-yourself project.

Last edited by RLE; 04-25-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
I would proceed differently. You should have provided all the particulars to your insurance company identifying the offending vehicle, not VONS directly. Liability appears to already be clearly established and your insurance company will take the proper actions with Von's carrier to recover costs, properly leaving you without a chargeable accident on your record. Your damages will also already be documented through your recorded presence, damage to your property, and expert estimates for repair. Whether there is a basis for a criminal charge against the driver should not change your outcome, as you already have the clear grounds for full compensation, not having even struck another vehicle, but having been drenched in their fuel as the result of their negligence (a civil, not criminal, issue).

Last edited by Sportstick; 04-25-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Originally Posted by RLE
Wait a minute. Since you were part of this whole scenario, didn't the CHP provide you with the particulars on the driver and the truck owner so you could contact them?

Of course you should be in contact with the truck owner. YESTERDAY. You can't do anything to the car until their insurance adjuster has seen it and you will be entitled to alternate transportation for as long as it takes to repair all the damage at a repair facility of your choosing. Carefully chosen, I might add.

This is not a do-it-yourself project.

CHP was supposed to call me today and give me all of that information. However, I coud not get in touch with them yesterday as it was Easter. (Although I'm pretty sure they were still out and about). I was told that my insurance would contact their insurance once they get a hold of the driver's/Vons' insurance as well. And yes, insurance has already offered me a rental vehicles from either Hertz or Enterprise, however, I don't believe I would utterly need/require one, but my adjuster said it would be available for me any time I need it. And the car is still sitting at the body shop I have chosen, covered in diesel; smelly and damaged.

Originally Posted by Sportstick
I would proceed differently. You should have provided all the particulars to your insurance company identifying the offending vehicle, not VONS directly. Liability appears to already be clearly established and your insurance company will take the proper actions with Von's carrier to recover costs, properly leaving you without a chargeable accident on your record. Your damages will also already be documented through your recorded presence, damage to your property, and expert estimates for repair. Whether there is a basis for a criminal charge against the driver should not change your outcome, as you already have the clear grounds for full compensation, not having even struck another vehicle, but having been drenched in their fuel as the result of their negligence (a civil, not criminal, issue).
Well said. But seeing as I have yet to hear back from neither my insurance, nor CHP, I was just hoping that it would maybe expedite the process. But I do understand that given that they are a major corporation, they will not respond in an immediate manner either. I guess I'll just stick to waiting by the phone for my insurance company.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
But seeing as I have yet to hear back from neither my insurance, nor CHP, I was just hoping that it would maybe expedite the process. But I do understand that given that they are a major corporation, they will not respond in an immediate manner either. I guess I'll just stick to waiting by the phone for my insurance company.
The "speed bump" for you is how quickly the adjuster approves the repair. All efforts should be directed at expediting the adjuster or finding out if your preferred repair facility has been certified for doing their own adjusting. Some insurance companies have approved some facilities for making such decisions. The financial compensation will be sought by your insurance, who should recover (and therefore waive) your deductible, based on the facts of the event and findings of the police. Given the description of the event, this should be non-controversial for your case.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Originally Posted by Sportstick
The "speed bump" for you is how quickly the adjuster approves the repair. All efforts should be directed at expediting the adjuster or finding out if your preferred repair facility has been certified for doing their own adjusting. Some insurance companies have approved some facilities for making such decisions. The financial compensation will be sought by your insurance, who should recover (and therefore waive) your deductible, based on the facts of the event and findings of the police. Given the description of the event, this should be non-controversial for your case.
I just got off the phone with my adjuster actually. They're supposed to send someone out tomorrow to inspect the car and approve the repairs as you've said. You're also spot on in terms of the financial compensation being sought out by the insurance company. Thanks Sportstick!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Definitely a bad way to start a Saturday.