C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Dealer Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Dealer Problems

Ok...my dealer is being really obnoxious right now...
I ordered a C250 and I have a few questions which the dealer cannot answer...

1) Multimedia Package is not "orderable" for July production onwards, so I had to order the COMAND Launch Package separately...Is it possible to get rearview camera and Drivers Assistance Package still? (The Dealer Ordering Guide says in order to get Drivers Assistance, you need Multimedia Package; however, the dealer took a screenshot of the Netstar order and apparently Rearview Camera and Drivers Assistance P. is in the order w/ the Launch package despite Rearview Camera not being a stand alone option according to the dealer guide)

2) I want iPod integration, but my dealer says it is not a stand alone option although the Dealer Ordering Guide I have says it is and all the other dealers I spoke to said it is still an option. Should I fight for iPod integration or just order P1 which has iPod integration and other features? BTW, I ordered Heated Seats and Sirius Radio separately. These features are also in P1. Does it make more sense to order these three options or just get P1?

3) The Netstar report says that my car is going to be built in late August. I ordered the car in early April. Does this seem a bit long considering that production starts in mid-late June? Moreover, the car is coming from South Africa...can I change this to Germany so then I can avoid another month of waiting? How can I get an earlier build date as well?

Thanks for looking...I am getting really upset as I have already made 2 changes to my order (one was changing from Luxury to Sport and the second change was changing the interior color). I also made the change to COMAND Launch package since Multimedia was not available (this was announced waaayyy after I ordered the car). Hopefully, the dealer will still be willing to negotiate even after all these changes... This really shouldn't be that hard but whenever I call the dealer, they say they will call me back and they never will. I try calling back, but they say they still don't have any responses...
Old 05-16-2011, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c300 sports
Get p1. So you dont keep adding features. It will cost you less. Same thing happened to me.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Try a different dealer.Why put up with one who does not want to sell you a car ???.

They should be falling all over you to be helpful & make a sale.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250,GLK350
Originally Posted by amaycg
Ok...my dealer is being really obnoxious right now...
I ordered a C250 and I have a few questions which the dealer cannot answer...

1) Multimedia Package is not "orderable" for July production onwards, so I had to order the COMAND Launch Package separately...Is it possible to get rearview camera and Drivers Assistance Package still? (The Dealer Ordering Guide says in order to get Drivers Assistance, you need Multimedia Package; however, the dealer took a screenshot of the Netstar order and apparently Rearview Camera and Drivers Assistance P. is in the order w/ the Launch package despite Rearview Camera not being a stand alone option according to the dealer guide)

2) I want iPod integration, but my dealer says it is not a stand alone option although the Dealer Ordering Guide I have says it is and all the other dealers I spoke to said it is still an option. Should I fight for iPod integration or just order P1 which has iPod integration and other features? BTW, I ordered Heated Seats and Sirius Radio separately. These features are also in P1. Does it make more sense to order these three options or just get P1?

3) The Netstar report says that my car is going to be built in late August. I ordered the car in early April. Does this seem a bit long considering that production starts in mid-late June? Moreover, the car is coming from South Africa...can I change this to Germany so then I can avoid another month of waiting? How can I get an earlier build date as well?

Thanks for looking...I am getting really upset as I have already made 2 changes to my order (one was changing from Luxury to Sport and the second change was changing the interior color). I also made the change to COMAND Launch package since Multimedia was not available (this was announced waaayyy after I ordered the car). Hopefully, the dealer will still be willing to negotiate even after all these changes... This really shouldn't be that hard but whenever I call the dealer, they say they will call me back and they never will. I try calling back, but they say they still don't have any responses...
Try a different dealer, depending where you are at in the states I can give you a referral to a few internet people I know. Also there are cars getting produced the first week of August and all that needs to happen is that they can change the orders, as for C250C production it looks like the sedans are starting in July, Coupes in August.

Also I checked a few cars I have on order in netstar, if you want a backup camera and ipod, ensure your car has S32 (COMAND Launch Pkg), 218 (RVC), 518 (ipod link).
Old 05-19-2011, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks so much for the tips. I just got some updates from my dealer.
1. The dealer says the Netstar system is allowing the COMAND Launch Package with the Driver Assistance Package
2. The dealer said iPod integration is no longer a standalone option, so I just ordered Package 1
3. The dealer gave me an earlier build date of the third decade in July. I also saw that the dealer added on option code 07P and it is listed as "Germany." So, I learned that if you want your car to be built in Germany to save shipping time, then you need to tell your dealer to input this code.

Finally, I can relax!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ughhh...just called dealer to see if there were any updates to the B0 status (19 days to production). Apparently, car is scheduled for third decade of August again after they told me production was in July. What should I do? I can't believe the dealer said they changed it from August to July and then reversed it...
Old 05-28-2011, 07:57 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Waiting....

Ughhh...just called dealer to see if there were any updates to the B0 status (19 days to production). Apparently, car is scheduled for third decade of August again after they told me production was in July. What should I do? I can't believe the dealer said they changed it from August to July and then reversed it...
I doubt that the dealer had anything to do with the delay. There comes a point when the order is locked in with a production date and then without explanation MB says "not yet." This very thing happened to me when my '08 was on order and then suddenly all cars with the MM package were held up until September '07 production because it wasn't ready for release yet and yet cars without MM were being delivered here in July. In your case, the delay may be for the same reason because one of the new features for the C is not ready. MB will never tell you what the real reason may be but just that there is a delay. I placed a deposit in Feb 2007 in hopes I would get one of the first cars and ended up getting it in October.

As to the delay of the first MM packages in 2007, I still think that MB was still smarting over the '03 W211 Comand fiasco that cost them so much money and were determined not to go through that again.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 Sport 4matic
When you specified that you wanted Germany as build point, then your production schedule changed to the first available build date in Germany.