C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

A2DP Bluetooth receiver for iPod/iPhone kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
We have no problems with negative reviews at all. It helps makes companies products better. The frustrating part of this for us, is we can't do anything to make Mercedes get it right in all the Classes in all parts of the world. We do say about the part numbers listed "Many clients have reported the above part number has worked for them. So far nobody has reported that it did not work for any class Mercedes." - now you would be the first that reported it did not work for. So you can see the difficulty.. how do you tell people about possible solutions to a convoluted issue Mercedes has created? (wording from members welcome).
The older MB got it right. They are ALL compliant even with the newest Apple products that have yet to be released (we beta test for Apple). It is SOME of the newest cars that have got things a bit messed up. Even then, it is obviously not consistent from model to model, cable to cable. MB is clearly chasing its tail, as our regional MBUSA software guru is sending us no less than 2 emails a week telling us of yet another firmware update for this model or that cable. So..... let this be the place to put in ideas of how to word that in a succinct manner on a sales webpage.

I guess it is the reason we offer a no questions asked 100% money back guarantee. There are literally hundreds of thousands of iPod kits and docks made. It will work with most, but not all of them. Remember, people buy this for home, office and car use. We can't think of a better way to say it and get people to try it. WOULD LOVE suggestions though.

Last edited by Cartronics; 09-13-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E coupe
I tried to edit the original post but cant so I have to quote instead.

NOTE: fwiw cartronics.com are "good people" - even after my negative review and after some back/forth with them - they are still responding to my questions. I believe their 100% money back guarantee. I understand that many people have had success with this product. I'm in the process of trying to source an apple usb cable 'with authentication chip' (the apple store won't deliver to my country and not sure that the ones on ebay/amazon have the 'apple authentication chip' built in which is what I need). If I get my hands on one and try it out I'll post back here.

Originally Posted by e_coup
my 2 cents on the cartronics anystream:

2012 e coupe so very new firmware. I used the ipod connector cable which i verified as being the one 'supported' by cartonics (Mercedes part number A 001 827 82 04) http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

My phone, htc desire hd running android 2.3, connects fine to the anystream and the led on the anystream flashes once every 6 seconds suggesting the connection phone<--->anystream is fine.

However the media interface on the car is stuck at 'activating device' and nothing else happens.

For the record, I called anystream and they took my call and were very polite. However the suggested 'solution' is to go and buy a composite av cable with authentication chip from apple to connect the anystream via usb - this costs very close to the price i paid for the anystream. With this in mind I may have opted for a different solution (like the motorolla gateway). I am also in Cyprus so sending it back is not really an option/feasible/cost effective. Thus I'm left with a $80 square of plastic. I may eventually go buy the composite cable but at this point i'm weary of spending more money on something that may or may not work. Caveat emptor.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:48 AM

A250 Sports
The A2DP Adaptor for My Mercedes Media Interface

Hi guys, sorry to dig up this thread again. The reason I am posting because I finally got one unit of ViseeO's Tune2Air WMA1000 Bluetooth music receiver. It works so great I have to share the news with anyone who is looking for similar thing. The sound quality is great (though not better than connecting directly to iPod or iPhone) but still good enough for my everyday use and the wireless automatic connection with my phone is just amazing. I can browse the music list from my iPhone wirelessly which is probably the best function of this tiny device. I haven't come across anything like it on the market for this particular function. It also allows me to control the music from my steering wheel buttons. Initially tune2air wma1000 only supports Apple's devices. After upgrade the software now it is able to stream music from android phone as well. I have test it using my friend's Galaxy S3. However, unlike iPhone, android's music list does not show on the car screen though. I've also test it using Sportify music service which also works with WMA1000 but again does not support music list like the iPhone's iPod app.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:00 AM

2008 C300 Sport Sedan: Panarama Roof, P2, Multimedia
Originally Posted by williamhop102
Hi guys, sorry to dig up this thread again. The reason I am posting because I finally got one unit of ViseeO's Tune2Air WMA1000 Bluetooth music receiver. It works so great I have to share the news with anyone who is looking for similar thing. The sound quality is great (though not better than connecting directly to iPod or iPhone) but still good enough for my everyday use and the wireless automatic connection with my phone is just amazing. I can browse the music list from my iPhone wirelessly which is probably the best function of this tiny device. I haven't come across anything like it on the market for this particular function. It also allows me to control the music from my steering wheel buttons. Initially tune2air wma1000 only supports Apple's devices. After upgrade the software now it is able to stream music from android phone as well. I have test it using my friend's Galaxy S3. However, unlike iPhone, android's music list does not show on the car screen though. I've also test it using Sportify music service which also works with WMA1000 but again does not support music list like the iPhone's iPod app.

I'm glad you found something that works, but this sucker is $99!!

I feel like an auxiliary to bluetooth adapter might be a cheaper alternative if steering wheel controls and music title display is not of importance.

Where did you guy yours at William?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:03 AM

A250 Sports
A2DP Receiver

I have bought MB-4 product from ViseeO and quite satisfied with it so that's why I have also bought this music adaptor from them. I think they make great Bluetooth product and $99 isn't too much to pay as other top brand A2DP receiver cost US$ 20-30 more. I know there are some cheap A2DP receivers such as US$ 39 but the quality and design looks really bad and doesn't really fit into my merc interior and not to mention it doesn't support iPod music library and song title all that stuff. Also I don't think those cheap will ever provide the same level customer service as ViseeO. I bought this item on eBay.

Originally Posted by benzo-boi
I'm glad you found something that works, but this sucker is $99!!

I feel like an auxiliary to bluetooth adapter might be a cheaper alternative if steering wheel controls and music title display is not of importance.

Where did you guy yours at William?

Last edited by williamhop102; 04-15-2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Missing sentence
Old 04-17-2013, 04:05 AM

2008 C300 Sport Sedan: Panarama Roof, P2, Multimedia
Originally Posted by williamhop102
I have bought MB-4 product from ViseeO and quite satisfied with it so that's why I have also bought this music adaptor from them. I think they make great Bluetooth product and $99 isn't too much to pay as other top brand A2DP receiver cost US$ 20-30 more. I know there are some cheap A2DP receivers such as US$ 39 but the quality and design looks really bad and doesn't really fit into my merc interior and not to mention it doesn't support iPod music library and song title all that stuff. Also I don't think those cheap will ever provide the same level customer service as ViseeO. I bought this item on eBay.
Does this work for Pandora and other streaming music apps? Do the titles display on the screen when playing Pandora. Do the steering wheel controls work for skipping songs?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 C63 AMG, 05 C55 AMG
I have an anystream if anyone is interested
Old 06-03-2013, 02:53 PM

2008 C350 Sports
I bought this factory/OEM unit on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121118214627.
It works perfect with original car controllers. This unit comes with following items: DVD Player,I-Pod ready,Bluetooth,Built-in GPS,CD Player,MP3 Player,Radio Tuner,Touch Screen,TV(Optional) and Rear/Front Camera ready(Optional). Unit comes with removal and installation manual.
If anyone is interested how it looks like after installation e-mail me and I'll send you pics.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C300
So this is just a tad confusing yet to me. I have a pretty basic C300. It just has the Aux input. No ipod specific input or anything. I would like to be able to use the steering wheel controls on an ipod. If I get the original device with a new BT ipod, attached to the Aux port, would the steering wheel controls work then? From everything I've researched it appears that with just an Aux input I'll never have that functionality as there is no way to feedback from the head unit to the ipod. Not a huge deal but it would be nice.

I'm also assuming that to get the formal ipod interface I'd be looking at a whole new head unit, not in the cards right now if that's the case.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:24 PM

2009 C300 4Matic
Just tested the tune2air from ViseeO on my '09 C300. I plugged it into the 30-pin cable in the glove box and it worked like a charm. I am using a Windows Phone, and any audio I play on the phone plays through the car stereo. The controls on the steering wheel work as well.

This was my second try at getting this to work. The first adapter I purchased was ~$25, but didn't work.

I could not find anything anywhere about the cartronics adapter, but given the age of those posts I think the company has gone out of business.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:00 PM

C350
I just purchased a kinivo btc450 and ground loop isolator to plug into my aux input when my car comes out after service. Will report back how it works paired with an iPhone.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:54 PM

2008 C350 Sport
I bought the Iwave and 12v-5v adapter and it didn't work in my 08 C350 sport. just kept saying waiting or something like that. but it paired up just won't play any sound.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:24 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
Originally Posted by hhh818
I just purchased a kinivo btc450 and ground loop isolator to plug into my aux input when my car comes out after service. Will report back how it works paired with an iPhone.
How is it working?
Old 10-22-2014, 09:27 PM

C350
Originally Posted by glennhl
How is it working?
My car is still in the shop right now for the tail light recall. Still disputing that I need to pay for a whole tail light. But I got the kinivo at home and tried it on another car. Works well as I can connect easily and sound seems okay too. Not great but okay. But it's a van and doesn't have hk system. Pairing it with the iPhone 6 seems not be a problem too.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:40 PM

2011 C63
My car is still in the shop right now for the tail light recall. Still disputing that I need to pay for a whole tail light. But I got the kinivo at home and tried it on another car. Works well as I can connect easily and sound seems okay too. Not great but okay. But it's a van and doesn't have hk system. Pairing it with the iPhone 6 seems not be a problem too.
OK, thanks. And you convinced me to do my tail light recall before my warranty runs out next week!
Old 10-23-2014, 01:01 AM

C350
OK, thanks. And you convinced me to do my tail light recall before my warranty runs out next week!
Yes. Better to do it now. They wanted me to replace my tail light for $350 because my rear right turn signal was not working even after they have replaced the recalled part. Which for me is unreasonable because the wiring is what caused my led turn signal to burn out or fail.

I'll post photos and tell you how it works once I get my car back and have tried the kinivo.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:09 AM

2011 C63
Yes. Better to do it now. They wanted me to replace my tail light for $350 because my rear right turn signal was not working even after they have replaced the recalled part. Which for me is unreasonable because the wiring is what caused my led turn signal to burn out or fail.

I'll post photos and tell you how it works once I get my car back and have tried the kinivo.
I really like my Mercedes, but I am not impressed by the company! I've heard so many similar stories where they refuse to stand by their product. Drove a good friend of mine that had a W203 straight to a Camry!
Old 11-01-2014, 11:54 PM

C350
I really like my Mercedes, but I am not impressed by the company! I've heard so many similar stories where they refuse to stand by their product. Drove a good friend of mine that had a W203 straight to a Camry!
I got my car back and they replaced my tail light without charge. Thanks to my SA. It helps to be dealing with the same SA over the years. Regarding the bluetooth receiver plugged into aux. it works like a charm. Kinivo bt450 and a ground loop isolator is what I am using right now. Don't notice any difference as compared to using the aux cable. Phone pairs to both the car and the kinivo bluetooth when I start it. Over all I'm impressed and lessens the clutter.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:07 AM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
how do any f those bluetooth adapters really sound? I have the HK NAXA NAB-400 on my W211 2007 E63 , and it sounds horrible. it sounds like I'm pumping AM radio though speakers. no bass what so ever. it's listed as a bluetooth 3.0 adapter.