C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Damn what a mess I have.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Damn what a mess I have.

Have I got one for you. I got a new Samsung 4G Droid Charge. I can't receive calls if it's plugged in to play music through the car. If someone calls I can see it on the display and answer but no ring nor can I hear them but they can hear me fine. I was in the car a moment ago trying to figure this out when the wife called. I picked her and the music up on Bluetooth with nothing plugged up. Even she could hear the music. As soon as she hung up the music stopped. I'm wondering now if a Bluetooth portal would work. This could be a sign that it would for sure but since the music didn't mute during the call maybe not. What do you think about this? My Droid X and Droid 1 work fine 3.5 for music and Bluetooth for the phone. This one really has me wondering, go back to 3G or try another 4G phone. Looks like this 4G is going to be a problem. Maybe a Thunder Bolt
Old 06-21-2011, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 c400 sport
Are you rooted and running a custom ROM? or try plugging your phone in to a pc and check for software updates.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:24 AM

C204
Are you playing music via Bluetooth?

I have the original Motorola Droid & I use a Monster Aux cable when it comes to music. If a call comes in, bluetooth takes over and the phone rings.

edit: Better question is, are you streaming the music via pandora? 4G is capable of doing calls & data simultaneously. So, when a call comes in, the music continues to play, meanwhile you're in the middle of a call.

Solution: Turn 4G off when you're in the car, or even most of the day (when not needed) - since it will save massive battery life. When you're streaming music via 3G, it will automatically stop and the call will take over.

Last edited by alexlev; 06-21-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:21 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Blazeitup123
Are you rooted and running a custom ROM? or try plugging your phone in to a pc and check for software updates.
No this one isn't rooted and I checked for updates which there was one. It was an OTA push.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:29 AM

2008 C300 Sport
I cannot even pair my Samsung Charge 4G with my Radio

HELP !!! I am sorry that I cannot help with the music issue but would you please let me know how you got your phone paired with teh Bluetooth in the first place. My car does not seem to be recognizing the phone an dthe ohone does not see the car radio either. I would appreciate any assistance that you could give me. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:44 AM

C204
Originally Posted by kimh
HELP !!! I am sorry that I cannot help with the music issue but would you please let me know how you got your phone paired with teh Bluetooth in the first place. My car does not seem to be recognizing the phone an dthe ohone does not see the car radio either. I would appreciate any assistance that you could give me. Thanks.
Drop by the dealership or a Verizon Wireless store.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:40 PM

C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by kimh
You have to manually sync with PIN codes. It's all in the manual. Will take you about 10 minutes to do it.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 PM

C63
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
You have to manually sync with PIN codes. It's all in the manual. Will take you about 10 minutes to do it.
I did mate the phone to the cars Bluetooth. MB advised today that the Charge is not compatible with MB Bluetooth. Now to find a phone that will work but ISN"T an iPhone. The HTC ThunderBolt may work since MB has it's cousin, the EVO 4G, listed as a compatible phone
Old 06-23-2011, 08:49 PM

2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
I just got off the blackberry wagon and picked up a Droid X earlier in the year. It may be a step down from your current phone, but I've had zero problems with it mating with the bluetooth.

I use an ipod via aux input, however, and I haven't even figured out how to use my phone to stream music to my MB speakers.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:51 PM

2008 C350
Woah woah woah Some crazy info here guys!

1) Your definitely don't need to disable 4G in the car.

2) Your phone should definitely stop playing any music when a call comes in. If it's not doing so, that's a software issue on the phone.

3) #2 is true whether or not you've got your phone plugged in via 3.5" or are streaming music via bluetooth.

4) Your comment about the Charge not being compatible with their system is certainly possible but I find it strange. Bluetooth is a very straightforward protocol. I've implemented it myself in software for my day job. I'd say it's more likely that there's a known bug on that phone and due to the bug MB is saying "nope, not compatible, not our problem." That of course would be fixed when the bug is fixed. Just curious, who told you the not compatible? A local dealer tech?

5) I have an Evo, wife has an Evo Shift, both work fine. She's also got a Blackberry for work, that works fine. You really should be fine with nearly any phone that supports BT.

6) For what it's worth, here's a common scenario in my car:

- I have a bluetooth music adapter in my glove box plugged into the aux.

- I get into my car, my phone (automatically, of course) makes 2 simultaneous BT connections, which I can see if I go under "Wireless & Networks" in my phone settings. It clearly makes a Telephony connection with the headunit (labeled as such) and an A2DP (media) connection with the adapter, also labeled as such.

- I load up Pandora, it streams music as I drive. It's delightful.

- I start Google Nav. Turn by Turn instructions are now heard over my stereo speakers. When it has to tell me something, it mutes Pandora to tell me. Then unmutes when it's done.

- When a call comes in, my phone pauses pandora or any other music app. My phone call commences. Upon hangup, the phone unpauses the pandora, and it plays again over the speakers.

This all works just fine. Everything plays nice. You've just got a bug.

Last edited by encoder; 06-23-2011 at 08:53 PM.