C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sirius Radio Nav+4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 Mercedes Benz C300; Black on Black 7g-tronic, Nav+4 uni
Sirius Radio Nav+4

So I just got in a friends car with the multimedia pack and noticed that he has sirius and it reminded me of a question I had since I got my car. Does anyone happen to know if you get the UMI NAV+4 (not the pop up nav but the standard screen with nav) does it come with sirius radio. Because one of the sales guys at the dealer said no, but my car had a sirius radio tag hanging off he center mirror and it does has traffic info in the nav.... If my car does have sirius how do you get to it??
Old 07-03-2011, 08:06 PM

2017 SLC43 AMG, 2016 GLC, 2011 C300 Sports Sedan
UMI

I was under the impression that they all come with Sirius Radio. I have the UMI Nav +4 but all the loaners that didn't have the Nav +4 still had Sirius Radio in them.

BTW, I feel so so about this feature. The blue tooth is almost impossible to set up, and the AUG jack stopped working. The USB works like a champ, which was really why I purchased this feature. The navigation is ok, but I am unsure how to update it since it does not take DVD updates.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:42 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Originally Posted by RedVines
Because one of the sales guys at the dealer said no, but my car had a sirius radio tag hanging off he center mirror and it does has traffic info in the nav.... If my car does have sirius how do you get to it??
That hang tag comes in every car. Sirius is on one side and mbrace is on the other. If you look closely it says something like "Your car may be equipped with..."

The UMI Nav+4 itself does not include Sirius. In most (all?) model years, Sirius was included in Package 1, which is a very common option so most W204s have Sirius, or available as a separate option.

To find out if you have Sirius, press the RADIO button on the dash multiple times to cycle through the radio bands. If Sirius comes up, you have it; if it doesn't, you don't have it.

Originally Posted by zingonads
The navigation is ok, but I am unsure how to update it since it does not take DVD updates.
Updates for the UMI are provided on a USB flash drive rather than DVD.