C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Transmission Service Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
purefunk - Are you winning?
Old 07-22-2011, 08:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'17 C300 Sport, P2, Pano, Black; '17 Jetta GLI White
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
purefunk - Are you winning?
Ok, so I took it back. They kept it for two days. The service manager said they checked the transmission fluid level, it was good, so they reperformed adaptations. He said the shop foreman was who worked on my vehicle and they both drove it around town once it was finished. According to the servcie manager it shifts just fine now and they see no further trouble with it. They also warrantied(even though I am out of warranty) my left tailight bracket bracket because I was getting the check rear tail light alarm on the dash. They said the bulb holder in the bracket had burn marks. Very nice of them to do so which is at no cost to them, but I would rather pay that and have my transmission working.

I've had my car since wednesday evening. i will say it is better than when they first returned it two weeks ago. It has torque again and is much more responsive and does shift smoother. When he returned the car to me he told me it shifts just as good as any c300 he has driven with such mileage. I told him I would follow up with him after a few days of driving.

As far as I am concerned, it does not shift as smooth as it did prior to my first visit. I am happy it is better than it was last week but getting back to how it was prior to my first visit, I dont know if that will ever happen. As much as I would like to bring it back and tell them it still isnt right, I dont think they get it or will they ever get it corrected. I even told the service manager to drive a new c300 because the loaner they game me shifted flawlessly. He told me there is a difference between a new car and one with 60,000 miles. Obviously he thinks this is my first car. Idiot. Thats the problem when the technicians dont drive a mercedes on a daily basis. That being said, I'll keep driving it and when the new 3 series comes out later this year, my decision will be made easier. I dont understand how my car goes into the shop shifting seemlessly and comes out shifting worse yet they think it is "normal."

Regardless, its good enough now where I can drive it and it doesnt **** me off as much, but its still there and unfortunate because this will most likely keep me from ever purchasing a Mercedes again.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Hello Purefunk,

I would be very interested to know how it shifts after about a month.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Carsy
Hello Purefunk,

I would be very interested to know how it shifts after about a month.
Of course. Ill post here in a month or so with status.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:00 PM

By the way, its already been three weeks and 1000 miles since the original service which started the trouble.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:24 AM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by purefunk
Of course. Ill post here in a month or so with status.
Alright... Well, its been a little over two months now... Since you haven't posted with any other problems, is it safe to assume that all is well?