C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

laser jammer and parktronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 04:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4 Matic
laser jammer and parktronic

I purchased the laser interceptor (laser jammer) and have completed the sensor installation.

Now I need to install the on/off switch but rather then using the toggle or rocker switch that comes with the package I was wondering whether it is possible to remove the original switch and connect the wires to the on/off button for the existing parktronic system? doing this would allow me to keep everything with a factory look
Old 07-23-2011, 04:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C300 AMG
Haha i did it for my car also. There are 3 blank buttons so you can add 3 more functions to your car. And everything still keep factory look. It'll take 30' to modify the button, you'll have many space for additional switches. Good ideas. I' ll some photos for you.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:53 AM

2011 E350 4 Matic
Looked at the parktronic button and cannot wire the jammer to that switch, will have to come up with something else.

Now i need to find the mute wire, I did a search for this but can't find any reference to this. does anybody know what color the mute wire is?
Old 07-24-2011, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 Sport
any DIY guides for this stuff? seems real cool
Old 07-24-2011, 04:00 AM

2011 E350 4 Matic
The laser jammer kit is pretty straight forward. I haven't taken any pix but most information that is needed can be found in this forum.

1) Remove the black cover above the grill/radiator, this enables you to access the back of the grill and secure the sensors

2) Run the wires (1 wire from each sensor) along the side towards the fusebox

3) remove fusebox cover, you are not going to be make a connection here but use it to get the wires through the firewall and into the cabin

4) on the left side of the fuse box you will see two black square rubber seals (on already has wires running through them). Remove both rubber seals.

5) in the bottom square seal, use a sharp knife to make a cut to feed both sensor cables through. once done insert the rubber seals back into the fusebox

6) now you need to fish the wires through the firewall. If you look at back of the fusebox you will see an opening (covered with white foam) use a wire coat hanger to pull the wires through

7) connect the sensor wires to the "soundbox/CPU", on the laser inceptors they use phone plugs. you will have lots of cable left, i just sip tied them and tucked them under the center column

8) The soundbox/cpu has a harness which needs to be connected to a switchable power source and ground. i have already installed the Video in motion so am familiar with the removal of the radio so i connected it to that power source. another option is to try and get to the cigarette lighter which is switch controlled.

It is as that but what is difficult is to determine how to integrate it into the current radio system (with mute and tapping into the speaker system) which i have not figured out yet. currently it is connected and funtioning but need to find a way of connecting it to the existing parktronic switch (still think it is possible). for now i am using the switch taht came with the unit.

Last edited by 2nice4me; 07-24-2011 at 12:36 PM.