C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just did some detailing. *PICS*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 Sport, ex 2007 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by IgorDj
Thanks

I used this thing called
Turtle Black Box I believe ill double check tomorrow morning

Its 4 steps
1- Is like a cleaner/ scratch and swirl removers
2- A spray detailer
3- A wax
4- Spray detailer

the spray detailer cleans off any excess stuff from the wax and cleaner and leaves a shine.

Also the rear bumper i used a clay kit to remove the exhaust fumes that **** with the paint
I've gone back and forth between Turtle and Meguiars, but given your results, I will have to give the Turtle Black Box a try. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:03 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by IgorDj
Thanks

I used this thing called
Turtle Black Box I believe ill double check tomorrow morning

Its 4 steps
1- Is like a cleaner/ scratch and swirl removers
2- A spray detailer
3- A wax
4- Spray detailer

the spray detailer cleans off any excess stuff from the wax and cleaner and leaves a shine.

Also the rear bumper i used a clay kit to remove the exhaust fumes that **** with the paint

Funny you mention that - I used the same kit on my Raven Black CTS in early spring and did a write up on the Caddy forum - It really works well if you have time to go through the steps properly..hint to future users, go lightly on the detailer when removing the wax, the more you use the tougher it is to remove the wax...The first step was great and really hid most/all imperfections...Just so you know, it lasted for a good 4-5 months and I wash my cars weekly and they are garaged...I am ready to do the process again as soon as I get the time...Once again, your car looks fantastic...
Old 07-27-2011, 10:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'13 C300 '14 E63S '08 E92 M3
Thank you!!
It just rained a **** load here and there was a lot of construction where i was driving during the rain, so now my car looks more of a brown grey color
lol
time to wax again
Old 07-30-2011, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
I think you don't need to wax the car that soon....is it a paste wax or spray wax?
I love to detail my car too because it's black and when it's clean the reflection is amazing~
( although you will see orange peel all over the paintwork)
Old 07-31-2011, 12:44 AM

Its a paste wax then you use a spray detailer to take off the paste

i just went to the car wash and washed it down, but as soon as i got out of the car wash my car was just grey like it ws dusty. Thank god i brought that detailer and quickly wiped down the car and it doesnt look too bad
Old 07-31-2011, 06:33 AM

c300
For me I rarely go to gas station car wash because it won't get as clean as you wash by yourself unless for winter time when I can't wash the car
Old 07-31-2011, 08:00 AM

2008 C350
Igor, that doesn't sound too good.

If I were you, I would toss the Turtle stuff and purchase some better, professional grade products. They're easier to work with, and will give you much better results.

Go to http://AutoGeek.net -- They also have a forum there that is a LOT of help.

You'll get a dozen different peoples favorite products, but for my black C350, I love using:

Shampoo: P21S
Sealant: Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant
Wax: Poorboys Natty's Blue Liquid Wax

The sealant is a type of synthetic wax that will give you better protection but less shine. Put that on, then wax over it. The sealant can be an annual application (as long as you use good shampoo -- if you use soap it'll strip off your product. I suggest you avoid car washes).

Meguiars also has a #20 Poly Seal that includes a some very mild cleaning agents in it, but since you used that Turtle kit, it probably included some paint cleaner step I'm guessing. So #21 will last longer for you.

Now.. before you put any of that on... determine if you need to use a clay bar on your car. Get a plastic bag, like from the grocery store, or one of those sandwich bags without the ziploc on it. Put your hand in it, and run it gently over your paint. Especially problem areas like down near the bottom of your car and behind your rear wheels. Even if your car looks CLEAN you will often feel contaminants still on your paint using this method. If there are contaminants, your sealant and wax aren't going to bond with your clear coat and you're not going to get the best protection or shine.

If you need to, get a clay bar, I like the "Detailer's Pro" combo of clay and lubricant. I was scared to clay at first, too, but trust me: it's really easy. I promise.

You can learn anything you need to know about how to use these products on the AutoGeek website or forums, or here. Take some time to learn. And also expect that a full wash/clay/seal/wax will take a long time to do. I suggest you spread it out over 2 days. Maybe do the horizontal surfaces one day, the vertical the next. Take your time.

The reason I wrote all this is because I've been detailing my cars as a hobbyist for a while now, and I started buying stuff from AutoZone. Truth is, they carry some good things, but most of their stuff is crap. And it's harder to work with and you don't get as good of result. It is a bit cheaper though.

You seem to genuiely care about caring for the paint on your car and this is the best advice that I have.

Also, when you wash, look up the "2 bucket method" and use that. Get Grit Guards to put at the bottom of both buckets. Use high quality pads or mitts or whatever. Get a high quality Waffle Weave drying towel.

GL Mate.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 PM

W204 2010 C300 Sport/6M
^^^ This is how I learned and am still learning. So far I have had amazing results from the stuff I have tried from what I have read on Autogeeks.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:53 PM

2008 C350 Sport
All very good, sound advice encoder and I use similiar higher end products on my Steel Grey 350 but...the Turtle Wax kit is actually a good product for black cars, I was surprised at how well it removed (covered) imperfections and provided an extremely deep shine on my black CTS - it is Carnuba wax in the kit and again, the depth and durability exceeded my expectations...thats all, no stake in the game...
Old 08-01-2011, 01:43 AM

c300
It's good to see detailers in here~I'm currently using meguiar's gold class shampoo( from autogeek) but I find it's a little bit too strong that will strip off the wax faster, would like to try other shampoo, so is P21S good to try?
Old 08-01-2011, 02:55 AM

2012 E350 RWD
Originally Posted by franki0083
It's good to see detailers in here~I'm currently using meguiar's gold class shampoo( from autogeek) but I find it's a little bit too strong that will strip off the wax faster, would like to try other shampoo, so is P21S good to try?
The gold class shampoo seems fine to me. You should be able to buy this at any autoparts store and even walmart though. Don't have to buy it directly from autogeek. P21S Concours Carnauba Wax is popular, Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is good too (pricey), and Poorboys Blue Nattys Paste Wax pretty good as well for the amount you pay. A lot of info on autogeek.net or autopia.org
Old 08-01-2011, 03:18 AM

c300
they are alot cheaper than I can get from local store ( 16.99$ for 128oz from autogeek and 19.99$ for 64 oz from local) and sometimes they will have discount too....although I have to pay for shipping still a little cheaper~
Old 08-19-2011, 04:23 AM

BUMP!

Any ideas what else I can do to the car other than lower and tune, which will happen next summer
Old 08-20-2011, 06:00 AM

C300
how did you put quad exhaust on a c300? i have a c300 also and im looking to do the same thing. I would like to maybe add the c63 exhaust system but i dont know how much that would cost
Old 08-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Great job!
Old 08-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by jhanna
how did you put quad exhaust on a c300? i have a c300 also and im looking to do the same thing. I would like to maybe add the c63 exhaust system but i dont know how much that would cost
I bought new mufflers, and two dual tip pipes, took them to my muffler shop and got them to weld it on.

you have to choose the right mufflers so itll fit, and you also need to get a diffuser for the quad exhaust. If you search this forum for quad exhaust you'll get enough information to do it.

My setup cost around 900$ for diffuser, 2 x mufflers, 2x dual tips + labor that was 420$