C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 Black on Black
New lights

Hey guys helped my buddies over at IJDMTOY test fit some new products pretty legit and error free.

license plate light pretty bright.
Same price as asains I think just a different led

Front turn signal white led

Hopefully If my friend has time will convert the mirror turn signal to white led just need to unsolder old ones and soder in new ones
Old 07-26-2011, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport 6MT
I never thought I'd ever respond to any post saying amber was a good thing, but I gotta do it in this case.
Getting rid of the egg yolk effect is one thing, but the whole reason front signals are not white is so that there is contrast between them and the headlights. At night, when the headlights are on, it'll be much harder to see the signals if you go with white vs amber.

Case in point... when Audis w/ the embedded LED strips in the headlights came out, I thought I saw one w/ an already burned out set on one side. As I saw more and more of them around town, I finally made the connection that the LEDs turn off when the signal is activated, then turn back on once the turn is completed. I'm pretty sure it's to avoid washout. With headlights AND LED strips on at night, I'll bet it was too bright and the amber signals were hard to see.

Just my $0.015-worth...
Old 07-26-2011, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Lol, I told you that you should have left the reflector portion in the back chrome :P Or at least just spray it with any leftover VANS spray you might have left. Looks pretty dim :/ Has iJDMToy fixed the problem of their LEDs burning to a crisp in mercedes yet? :3

And +1 to doanster. Lol. White front turn signals are a bit meh IMO. I always thought it looked kinda rice seeing as the only time I ever saw em were on old integras and whatnot on my college campus. Also, it clashes horribly with your mirror turn signal LEDs :/

Last edited by snarlingchicken; 07-26-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 Black on Black
Non of my leds have been burnt to a crisp Ive been using jdmtoy leds since forever lol. As for reflectors eh It looks cleaner during the day, and I never use high beams. White is still very noticeable during the day the pics do not show how bright the led is just its true color. And they were the only color They had for testing
Old 07-26-2011, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 Black on Black
Originally Posted by Doanster
I never thought I'd ever respond to any post saying amber was a good thing, but I gotta do it in this case.
Getting rid of the egg yolk effect is one thing, but the whole reason front signals are not white is so that there is contrast between them and the headlights. At night, when the headlights are on, it'll be much harder to see the signals if you go with white vs amber.

Case in point... when Audis w/ the embedded LED strips in the headlights came out, I thought I saw one w/ an already burned out set on one side. As I saw more and more of them around town, I finally made the connection that the LEDs turn off when the signal is activated, then turn back on once the turn is completed. I'm pretty sure it's to avoid washout. With headlights AND LED strips on at night, I'll bet it was too bright and the amber signals were hard to see.

Just my $0.015-worth...
Yes but my mirror signals are amber for now still debating on the issue you said. Dont have 0.02$?LOL 0.015$
Old 07-26-2011, 11:45 AM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, P1, MM, Wood, Heated FS, DIY rearview camera. 2002 QX4
I might be wrong, but I read somewhere that turn signals in either amber or red are traffic law required. However, not everything is reinforced.

My ideal mod is, if I ever want to do it, all bulbs change to LEDs but keep the same factory color.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c350
I like how the turn signal looks , will have to do this .
Old 07-26-2011, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
i think the turn signal looks cool, is it as practical as the amber color? probably not, but does it look good? IMO yes lol. and those plate lights are hella bright