C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C300 Sport - remove climate control dials?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 Sport
C300 Sport - remove climate control dials?

Hi - does anyone know how to remove the climate control dials? I have an incredibly annopying rattle that seems to be coming from the dials - when I press on them, the rattle stops. I want to put some felt inside to tighten things up and hopefully eliminate the rattle.

I've tried pulling on the dial to see if it would come off, but no luck - also didn't want to pull too hard and risk breaking the thing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Anyone have problems with other rattles? The dealer installed some felt under the instrument cluster cover, which removed some of the rattling, but not all. I think I've traced it to the temp dials and the Nav cover (which I don't think I can do anything about).

I don't know about you, but this is really disappointing with a car that lists for $45k and has less than 6k miles
Old 08-22-2011, 12:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by mike z
Hi - does anyone know how to remove the climate control dials? I have an incredibly annopying rattle that seems to be coming from the dials - when I press on them, the rattle stops. I want to put some felt inside to tighten things up and hopefully eliminate the rattle.

I've tried pulling on the dial to see if it would come off, but no luck - also didn't want to pull too hard and risk breaking the thing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Anyone have problems with other rattles? The dealer installed some felt under the instrument cluster cover, which removed some of the rattling, but not all. I think I've traced it to the temp dials and the Nav cover (which I don't think I can do anything about).

I don't know about you, but this is really disappointing with a car that lists for $45k and has less than 6k miles
2011 should be under warranty still just take it into the dealer...
Old 08-22-2011, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 350
Originally Posted by mike z

I'd like to know too! I want to change the dials from F to C, but I can't seem to get them off...Any mechanics on here that know?