C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Price of a new windshield? The pain of insurance....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic
Price of a new windshield? The pain of insurance....

So got a couple cracks in my windshield, figured I should get it replaced. I wanted to do it at the dealer, as they have a specific glass installer they work with so i trust them. Called up my local Farmers guy, who in order to get approval for using the dealer had to 3 way in someone from Farmers corporate whatever line.

Farmers corporate then had to 4 way in the dealer to find their pricing and warranty details. Dealer then had to 5 way in the glass company to get that information, who had to then 6 way in the manager to handle the Farmers stuff.

Ultimately Farmers believes that to replace my windshield should cost no more then $901.10, and that is all they will cover, however the glass company does not accept that pricing, but they don't charge me if there's any difference.

50 min and a 6 way phone call later, my cars going in on Tuesday for a new windshield....ugh is it always this complicated?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
No....called Safelite and drove over to their place (At home service was booked that day). They procured windshield from MB dealer for that afternoon. They spoke with my insurance agent and had everything approved with my zero deductible glass replacement policy. Could not have been easier and I will use Safelite again, as I learned my MB dealer does as well.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:47 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
So got a couple cracks in my windshield, figured I should get it replaced. I wanted to do it at the dealer, as they have a specific glass installer they work with so i trust them. Called up my local Farmers guy, who in order to get approval for using the dealer had to 3 way in someone from Farmers corporate whatever line.

Farmers corporate then had to 4 way in the dealer to find their pricing and warranty details. Dealer then had to 5 way in the glass company to get that information, who had to then 6 way in the manager to handle the Farmers stuff.

Ultimately Farmers believes that to replace my windshield should cost no more then $901.10, and that is all they will cover, however the glass company does not accept that pricing, but they don't charge me if there's any difference.

50 min and a 6 way phone call later, my cars going in on Tuesday for a new windshield....ugh is it always this complicated?
That should cover it because my MB branded windshield replacement last year cost $880.

Keep in mind that MB mandated in the '90s that since the windshield is considered part of the structure, the car should sit overnight before driving it. Any glass shop that does dealer work knows this, of course.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by RLE
That should cover it because my MB branded windshield replacement last year cost $880.

Keep in mind that MB mandated in the '90s that since the windshield is considered part of the structure, the car should sit overnight before driving it. Any glass shop that does dealer work knows this, of course.
Yea they said they would like the car for the whole day, so im going in on monday afternoon and dropping it off while picking up a loaner, they are working on it tuesday and will call me when its done
Old 09-09-2011, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by Sportstick
No....called Safelite and drove over to their place (At home service was booked that day). They procured windshield from MB dealer for that afternoon. They spoke with my insurance agent and had everything approved with my zero deductible glass replacement policy. Could not have been easier and I will use Safelite again, as I learned my MB dealer does as well.
Same here but they did it in my driveway.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 Sport, ex 2007 C230 Sport
Next time you need that many people, use "GoToMeeting w/ HD faces"... lol