Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
who has mudflaps on there w204?? >

who has mudflaps on there w204??

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

who has mudflaps on there w204??

 
Old 09-22-2011, 10:32 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA/Virginia/Fairfax Station
Posts: 338
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes c250
who has mudflaps on there w204??

hey guys i dont know if this happens to you but was just annoyed on how every time i wash my car i apply some tire shine, and every time when i drive off, the shine flings everywhere on the fender and the corner panel ... so i was curious if anyone has any mudflaps on their car and if you can post some pics that would be nice
Hzkasbarian is offline  
Old 09-22-2011, 10:33 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
xXHotelCrazyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: five oh two
Posts: 1,882
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
Splash guards -______-
xXHotelCrazyXx is offline  
Old 09-22-2011, 10:38 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Part of this thread addresses that issue

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...d-flapped.html
Sportstick is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 09:21 AM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 171
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
My advice: Use far less product on your tires.
encoder is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 09:45 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA/Virginia/Fairfax Station
Posts: 338
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes c250
i dont even use anything, i just us one coat of tire shine and i also wipe the access shine with a towel??
Hzkasbarian is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 09:56 AM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 171
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
I say that because I've been there. I'm a big "home detailer" enthusiast. I have BINS of products I've bought and tried, etc. I just love caring for my baby

Anyway, after a wash, ya know, there's so much work to be done if you want the best possible look: Dressing on the black rubber pieces to protect and enhance them, tire shine, wheel wax (esp on the back wheels, makes washing that horrible brakedust so much easier), etc, etc, etc.

The way to think of it is, if it's flying off when you drive off, obviously it's not being absorbed by the rubber. Next time you do it, try using DRASTICALLY less product. Just give it a shot. Right then, at that moment, it may not look as shiny as normal. But the next day, after some driving, it will look the same as your normal "day 2" looked, plus you'll have less residue on your paint.

In the end, mud flaps won't catch all of it anyhow.

Also, when you use the rest of whatever you're using now, buy some commercial grade product. My current fave is the one from Griots Garage -- see autogeek.net. Better quality products will be easier to lightly apply and will keep on your tire better. No autozone!!!
encoder is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 10:04 AM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Above and beyond wheel treatment products, the flaps I installed also have helped protect against general road blowback. I could quickly tell the difference after a rain by seeing less of a horizontal dried water pattern on the areas behind each wheel. My personal taste is that I also like the look, as they seem to add a bit more muscular aura to the wheel opening.


Attached Thumbnails who has mudflaps on there w204??-dsc00031.jpg   who has mudflaps on there w204??-dsc00029-1-.jpg  
Sportstick is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 10:13 AM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 171
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
Looking good SS. Love the color-match.
encoder is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 10:34 AM
  #9  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 659
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, P1, MM, Wood, Heated FS, DIY rearview camera. 2002 QX4
I don't even know where I can get splash guard for the sports model. Dealer has that for luxury model only.
C300CA is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 AM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by C300CA View Post
I don't even know where I can get splash guard for the sports model. Dealer has that for luxury model only.
Mine are for a sport model. Working links seem to come and go online or at eBay, but they are made by HiTech in England. There is a place in Australia that sells them, but different folks have had different success getting them to ship to the US. Another related retailer in England does ship, but their website has been down for maintenance recently.
Sportstick is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 1,334
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 Mazda6, 1993 RX7
Originally Posted by encoder View Post
I say that because I've been there. I'm a big "home detailer" enthusiast. I have BINS of products I've bought and tried, etc. I just love caring for my baby

Anyway, after a wash, ya know, there's so much work to be done if you want the best possible look: Dressing on the black rubber pieces to protect and enhance them, tire shine, wheel wax (esp on the back wheels, makes washing that horrible brakedust so much easier), etc, etc, etc.

The way to think of it is, if it's flying off when you drive off, obviously it's not being absorbed by the rubber. Next time you do it, try using DRASTICALLY less product. Just give it a shot. Right then, at that moment, it may not look as shiny as normal. But the next day, after some driving, it will look the same as your normal "day 2" looked, plus you'll have less residue on your paint.

In the end, mud flaps won't catch all of it anyhow.

Also, when you use the rest of whatever you're using now, buy some commercial grade product. My current fave is the one from Griots Garage -- see autogeek.net. Better quality products will be easier to lightly apply and will keep on your tire better. No autozone!!!
+1

For 1st 2 visits back to dealer with the lux model, lots of black tire shine was tossed up on the fenders, and we had to towel the tires. We told them about it, and they now use less/different product, and problem is gone. You don't want splash guards dripping in tire sheen! If you travel on muddy roads (ex: WV ) or nasty winter roads, the mud flats are helpful.

Ugly oem's are there for lux's, and nice aftermarket for sports.

Last edited by kevink2; 09-28-2011 at 11:10 AM.
kevink2 is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 11:57 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA/Virginia/Fairfax Station
Posts: 338
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes c250
Originally Posted by encoder View Post
I say that because I've been there. I'm a big "home detailer" enthusiast. I have BINS of products I've bought and tried, etc. I just love caring for my baby

Anyway, after a wash, ya know, there's so much work to be done if you want the best possible look: Dressing on the black rubber pieces to protect and enhance them, tire shine, wheel wax (esp on the back wheels, makes washing that horrible brakedust so much easier), etc, etc, etc.

The way to think of it is, if it's flying off when you drive off, obviously it's not being absorbed by the rubber. Next time you do it, try using DRASTICALLY less product. Just give it a shot. Right then, at that moment, it may not look as shiny as normal. But the next day, after some driving, it will look the same as your normal "day 2" looked, plus you'll have less residue on your paint.

In the end, mud flaps won't catch all of it anyhow.

Also, when you use the rest of whatever you're using now, buy some commercial grade product. My current fave is the one from Griots Garage -- see autogeek.net. Better quality products will be easier to lightly apply and will keep on your tire better. No autozone!!!

thanks for the tip man!! im going to give it a shot for when i clean the car again.. btw what tire/rim products do you use??
Hzkasbarian is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 11:58 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA/Virginia/Fairfax Station
Posts: 338
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes c250
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Above and beyond wheel treatment products, the flaps I installed also have helped protect against general road blowback. I could quickly tell the difference after a rain by seeing less of a horizontal dried water pattern on the areas behind each wheel. My personal taste is that I also like the look, as they seem to add a bit more muscular aura to the wheel opening.



So what are the name on the flaps and what did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?? and is that product that you mensioned workded you wonders?? lol
Hzkasbarian is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 01:41 PM
  #14  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 557
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 2010 C300 Sport/6M
Like these a lot. I saw them and haven't been able to find them anywhere.
Stevedotmil is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 02:11 PM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by Hzkasbarian View Post
So what are the name on the flaps and what did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?? and is that product that you mensioned workded you wonders?? lol
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil View Post
Like these a lot. I saw them and haven't been able to find them anywhere.
The manufacturer is HiTech. Google that name as HiTech mud flaps. My original source was a link to eBay which is gone, but some sources still pop up and may require a phone call. I don't recall the exact price, but it was somewhere between $100 and $200 for all four.
Sportstick is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 03:07 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 Sport
I purchased an unpainted set from UK Car Mats back in late July of this year. The price was 30 British pounds plus another 30 pounds to ship to the US. At the time, in US $, it came out to $101, paid via PayPal. The painted sets cost about 4 times more before shipping.

I did the whole transaction via e-mail. The e-mail address is: [email protected]
gaymondy is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 03:09 PM
  #17  
Super Member
 
Scat01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sport
I like them more for the look also, even more so when color matched like Sports did on his car, looks really sharp.

I have been trying to locate these smaller trim pieces as opposed to the larger guards (looking for style not effectiveness with these), but have only found them on revoZport for $390.00 bucks...Dealer does not sell them either, but I have seen them on more than one C class, even on this forum. Anyone have a clue where they are sold?
Attached Thumbnails who has mudflaps on there w204??-fender-trim.jpg  
Scat01 is offline  
Old 09-28-2011, 07:03 PM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
aowhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,044
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
Originally Posted by gaymondy View Post
I purchased an unpainted set from UK Car Mats back in late July of this year. The price was 30 British pounds plus another 30 pounds to ship to the US. At the time, in US $, it came out to $101, paid via PayPal. The painted sets cost about 4 times more before shipping.

I did the whole transaction via e-mail. The e-mail address is: [email protected]
I inquired about the mudflaps with UK Car Mats in January.
They were fast to respond and was very nice to deal with. I was quoted 140 painted including local taxes and shipping to Canada. I never got around to purchasing them, but I would still like to as I hope they will reduce the spray of brake dust on the side and rear of my car.

Maybe we could see if they could arrange some kind or group buy deal.
aowhaus is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 09:37 AM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 1,334
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 Mazda6, 1993 RX7
Originally Posted by aowhaus View Post
... hope they will reduce the spray of brake dust on the side and rear of my car....
Brake dust front or rear?

.
kevink2 is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 11:04 PM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
aowhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,044
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
Originally Posted by kevink2 View Post
Brake dust front or rear?

.
Mostly the rear.
I get a coating on the side portions of the rear bumper.
aowhaus is offline  
Old 09-30-2011, 01:00 PM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Ron Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,824
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by Scat01 View Post
I like them more for the look also, even more so when color matched like Sports did on his car, looks really sharp.

I have been trying to locate these smaller trim pieces as opposed to the larger guards (looking for style not effectiveness with these), but have only found them on revoZport for $390.00 bucks...Dealer does not sell them either, but I have seen them on more than one C class, even on this forum. Anyone have a clue where they are sold?
You can find those on E-bay often.
Ron Jr is offline  
Old 09-30-2011, 07:22 PM
  #22  
Super Member
 
Scat01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
You can find those on E-bay often.
Thanks - What are they called (how do you search for them) on ebay?
Scat01 is offline  
Old 09-30-2011, 07:49 PM
  #23  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by Scat01 View Post
Thanks - What are they called (how do you search for them) on ebay?
I'd start with "HiTech".
Sportstick is offline  
Old 09-30-2011, 11:11 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
c3nthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Washington, MD
Posts: 294
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300
c3nthusiast is offline  
Old 10-01-2011, 07:35 AM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Ron Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,824
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by Scat01 View Post
Thanks - What are they called (how do you search for them) on ebay?
Mercedes W204 flares found about 6 auctions yesterday.
Ron Jr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: who has mudflaps on there w204??


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: