C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Question about Heater

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Question about Heater

I can't believe I never noticed this. The other day, I read a post about running the heat occasionally to dry out the A/C ducts to avoid mildew build-up. I turned on the A/C and put the heat on max. I could hear the blowers running but absolutely no air came out of the vents. I put it on defog and couldn't feel any air coming out of the top of the dash either. The cabin got warmer so I know something is working, but I still think its strange.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
I can't believe I never noticed this. The other day, I read a post about running the heat occasionally to dry out the A/C ducts to avoid mildew build-up. I turned on the A/C and put the heat on max. I could hear the blowers running but absolutely no air came out of the vents. I put it on defog and couldn't feel any air coming out of the top of the dash either. The cabin got warmer so I know something is working, but I still think its strange.
ya i think you have to change the air direction by pushing the little button with the person on it to direct it at your face.... probably coming out at your feet or something
Old 10-14-2011, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by rb23lb
ya i think you have to change the air direction by pushing the little button with the person on it to direct it at your face.... probably coming out at your feet or something
Tried that. When its on Cool- it comes out of the dash vents. When I switch to Hot- I can't feel it.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
If you remove the battery cover u can see the blower motor to the rear of the plastic compartment. I had put the battery cover on half-azz once and it was weak air, hot and cold. I later figured out a few days later it was that cause I finished my amp wiring and it worked normal again. Also the cabin air filter is behind the glove box, not sure of your miles might be time for a change. I used the fabreeze scented one, smells niiiiiice
Old 10-15-2011, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
If you remove the battery cover u can see the blower motor to the rear of the plastic compartment. I had put the battery cover on half-azz once and it was weak air, hot and cold. I later figured out a few days later it was that cause I finished my amp wiring and it worked normal again. Also the cabin air filter is behind the glove box, not sure of your miles might be time for a change. I used the fabreeze scented one, smells niiiiiice
I have never opened the battery cover, but wouldn't this scenario effect the Cold output too?
If on Cold- high level of air output through the vents.
If on Hot- No air output through ANY vents BUT cabin does get hot.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
I used the fabreeze scented one, smells niiiiiice
Where did you get the scented one?