C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Delays with the Lighting Package now?

Old 10-30-2011, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Delays with the Lighting Package now?

So earlier I rolled through the lot at one of the local Mercedes dealers to see if they had any Cs with the 7 spoke wheels. I still have yet to see one in person. I got out to look around and a sales guy came up to me and started talking. I mentioned that I already had a deal worked out for a C250 - just trying to see what the wheels look like in person before I actually order. He asked what all I was ordering on it, and when I told him he mentioned that the lighting package is causing a delay now, and they probably won't be delivering any orders until the early part of next year if ordered with the lighting package.

Has anyone else heard this? I don't really care if it is delayed until January - I just want it exactly as I like. I am taking one of my cars to CarMax tomorrow to sell it, and I think I am going to place my order in the next week or so. If there's going to be a delay, I may change my game plan a bit though.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250,GLK350
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
So earlier I rolled through the lot at one of the local Mercedes dealers to see if they had any Cs with the 7 spoke wheels. I still have yet to see one in person. I got out to look around and a sales guy came up to me and started talking. I mentioned that I already had a deal worked out for a C250 - just trying to see what the wheels look like in person before I actually order. He asked what all I was ordering on it, and when I told him he mentioned that the lighting package is causing a delay now, and they probably won't be delivering any orders until the early part of next year if ordered with the lighting package.

Has anyone else heard this? I don't really care if it is delayed until January - I just want it exactly as I like. I am taking one of my cars to CarMax tomorrow to sell it, and I think I am going to place my order in the next week or so. If there's going to be a delay, I may change my game plan a bit though.
There is higher than anticipated demand for the lighting pkg on the facelift cars, and there are certain build weeks where the option is full and no more can be reqested...but if you put in an order now you should be ok, but if they change an order that is already scheduled for production it may take a little finesse to make it work.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
I have a feeling I am going to be waiting a while.

I'm ordering a fairly loaded car (P1, Lighting, S32, rear cam, parktronic, 7 Spoke wheels, Spoiler, rear side airbags) with a special order option (rear sunshade), and I am attempting to specify a German build 07P.

Oh well, it is what it is. Thank you for the clarification though!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C
I recently went shopping for a C as well and was told the same thing. One of the dealers told me the lights are being manufactured in Japan and is delayed due to the disaster earlier this year. He said the earliest I can receive the car will be in March. Another dealer said the earliest is next January / February.

I'll be ordering a C350 with the lighting package, keyless go, nav, and the 5 spoke AMG rims. What is the S32? Is the rear cam a stand alone install?
Old 10-31-2011, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
S32 is the COMAND launch package, but with a single CD player instead of a 6 disc. The cam is $460 to add on.

S34 is the 6 disc COMAND launch package. As I understand it though, the system blocks you from ordering S34 and the rear cam.

It looks like I might be in for a long wait... the lighting package is a definite dealbreaker for me - I can float Parktronic, rear side airbags, or the rear sunshade but I have to have my projector Xenons I waited 351 days for my smart from the time I put my deposit down, so this is a drop in the bucket.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Carrara White Metallic Porsche Cayman
Are you selling the Smart tomorrow?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
Nah, gotta have something to drive until the C arrives. I sold the VUE yesterday. Probably gonna make my order in the next couple of weeks - I have the deal worked out at one dealer, but now I want to see if my preferred dealer will match it (including giving me $10,500 for trade-in on the smart...)