C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Concrete parking block

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Concrete parking block

Garage is empty, add now

Drives: c300

Cement Park Block Damage
I am a new owner of a c300 since June 25. First my husband dinged the back bumper with his old truck. So I brought touch up paint to cover that. The dealer said I did a good job. Well Saturday I am pulling in very slowly at church to a parking spot. Started not to park there and scratched the lower passenger side of the bumper. My son and I put touchup paint on it so you cannot see it.
Any advice? Is it worth it to go to the body shop?
Will getting it detailed help?
My first benz.

I just got my first benz. A c300 on June 25, 2011
First my husband nicked it with his truck. The dealer said it was not big enough to really pay the $500.00 so I did the touch up paint and they said it looked very good. Of course I know it is there.
Next on Saturday. I was pulling slowly into a parking spot with the cement block and scratched the lower passenger side of the bottom of the bumper. Once again my son and I put touch up paint on it and you cannot see it. Should I take it to the dealer? Should I get it detailed?
Any advice. I am sick.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
The parts you scraped are plastic. They will not rust, and if you did a good job of touch-up, they should not deteriorate further. If you can allow yourself to "let it be", it probably does not justify throwing more money at it now, as you indicate the scars are not visible. From what you are implying, you will probably have more bumper marks in the future, although I won't guess who makes them first! The lesson, however....stay away from old trucks and church!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:22 PM

c300
Thank you since you have had more Benz then me and higher models
I guess I have to let it be.
Any other advice is welcomed
Old 10-31-2011, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Exclamation it is just a car

bigger things to worry about, you will get over it... nobody notices but you so who cares

it is impossible to maintain a car in 100% perfect condition...

even the most careful people with the most crazy attention to detail will only ever be at 95%-97% perfection with their car if they are lucky...

relax, and enjoy your car
Old 11-01-2011, 12:22 AM

Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
I have scrape the underside of my front bumper numerous times even before I replaced my stock springs to super sports.

Im pretty sure those scuff marks or even deep scratches won't be visible in plain sight unless you look underneath. You can always wait at least 1-2 years of ownership until you decide to repaint/ refinish your front bumper so any scratches you will have by then will be taken care of.

Another option you have is to park in reverse. If you decide to repaint your front bumper now you can add a FRP front lip which runs around a couple hundred dollars where you can have it replaced or removed in the future.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:47 AM

c300
Thanks

I want to say thanks everyone for putting this in perspective. I know it is only a car but you know you want to keep it pristeen as long as possible.
I do avoid old trucks and cement parking blocks.
I love this forum I am a newbie. It is great.