C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

w204 Sprintbooster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 Mazda6, 1993 RX7
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
...Sprint Booster is responsive throughout the entire pedal range..
How about from 80% pedal to 100% pedal.

Why make a statement like that? It adds to confusion, and for those who understand your product (great for almost all that use it) , it's misleading at best, more likely a lie.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 Mazda6, 1993 RX7
Originally Posted by mac911
I must admit I do not have a SB.

However, I would like to try one at some point. It's just a bit expensive.

It does seem there is very little response early in the throttle on Mercedes compared to other vehicles. This does truly make the car feel unresponsive sometimes. I often have a rental car and on initial throttle input, your boring 4 cylinder NA family sedan can feel more responsive than my cars. Of course, if I floor it, it's pathetic, but on initial response it "feels" better. I think SB would give this feeling to the Mercedes cars.

I think SB is a good idea for those of us who specifically like the idea.

Hopefully I will try one, someday!
Read the White Paper I linked before, Figs 1 & 3. It shows why you feel that unresponsiveness, and how SB improves it dramatically.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Sprint Booster is responsive throughout the entire pedal range.
Sorry - but that simply doesn't make any sense. The white paper shows it to be a lie, plus logic dictates that if you shrink the pedal travel to make it more responsive (as the SB does) you can't possibly keep the pedal responsive throughout the entire throttle range.

Once you use a Sprint Booster, you will notice the difference within the first few seconds.
...Our product does not create horsepower. But it does enhance your ability control that horsepower via your throttle in a predictable and enjoyable manner.
This I can agree with. There is certainly a big difference to be noticed in responsiveness to less pedal travel by design. Technically though, I think by shrinking the pedal distance electronically, you are DECREASING the ability to control your HP. You have less control over gentle acceleration should you want it at some point (driving in traffic). Basically it makes the gas pedal less like a "dimmer switch" (think more brightness as you push further down) and more like an "on/off" switch. You push the pedal just a bit and BOOM look at all that power you just got! Engine feels stronger!

I'm not trying to say the product doesn't have a use. If someone wants more acceleration with less pedal travel by preference, then that is perfectly fine and I hope they enjoy the product - it will certainly make a big difference in that respect. It just bothers me that it's benefits continue to be exaggerated so far.

Personally I agree that the throttle response in MB (and plenty of other) vehicles is terrible (a lot better in 2012 but still there). I'm sure that using the SB improves that response if you push the pedal down just a small bit (10% for example). But if you just push it down further, you are doing the same thing as the SB - just moving your foot further.

If there were a product that kept the pedal travel the same (didn't amplify) and actually improved the true response time of the engine to the throttle input, I would be all over that. I don't think such a thing is possible without modifying the cars ECU though.

Last edited by acr2001; 12-01-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-Class
Originally Posted by mac911
I must admit I do not have a SB.

However, I would like to try one at some point. It's just a bit expensive.

It does seem there is very little response early in the throttle on Mercedes compared to other vehicles. This does truly make the car feel unresponsive sometimes.

I think SB is a good idea for those of us who specifically like the idea.

Hopefully I will try one, someday!
Mac911, feel free to order Sprint Booster. If you order it from us directly or from our authorized dealer GMP (sponsor on this forum), if you are not 100% sold on it, Sprint Booster USA will pay to ship it back. We are that confident in our product.

Should you have any questions or problems, email us at info@sprintboosterusa.com
Old 12-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class
Acr2001, We spent years developing this technology for each vehicle application to provide the best throttle response possible. You are applying suggestions and hypotheses from your white paper source to this matter. We have spent years engineering our product and patenting our technology. Our product is continuously measuring your pedal inputs in real-time and providing the ECU (Electronic Control Module) with an altered signal for much quicker throttle response. We stand by our previous statement that our technology accurately translates your throttle inputs so that your car gets it. Without the Lag! The actual device contains electronic circuitry that is installed between the accelerator pedal and the ECU in vehicles equipped with electronic throttle control.

We encourage everyone to analysis our product and speak from first hand experience. TUV Testing/certification, Media reviews, SEMA Trade Show awards, and excellent customer satisfaction are what we stand by. It pushes us to grow and evolve our product.

We admit that our product isnt for everyone. We simply ask that people try it for themselves before making the conclusion. We have made the process painless by offering a 30 money back offer. If you do not think it is for you or it fails to impress. Return it! Most importantly, blog and write about it.

We will always stand 100% behind our product and we enjoy the fact that we surprise even our most reluctant customers.

Originally Posted by acr2001
Sorry - but that simply doesn't make any sense. The white paper shows it to be a lie, plus logic dictates that if you shrink the pedal travel to make it more responsive (as the SB does) you can't possibly keep the pedal responsive throughout the entire throttle range.

This I can agree with. There is certainly a big difference to be noticed in responsiveness to less pedal travel by design. Technically though, I think by shrinking the pedal distance electronically, you are DECREASING the ability to control your HP. You have less control over gentle acceleration should you want it at some point (driving in traffic). Basically it makes the gas pedal less like a "dimmer switch" (think more brightness as you push further down) and more like an "on/off" switch. You push the pedal just a bit and BOOM look at all that power you just got! Engine feels stronger!

I'm not trying to say the product doesn't have a use. If someone wants more acceleration with less pedal travel by preference, then that is perfectly fine and I hope they enjoy the product - it will certainly make a big difference in that respect. It just bothers me that it's benefits continue to be exaggerated so far.

Personally I agree that the throttle response in MB (and plenty of other) vehicles is terrible (a lot better in 2012 but still there). I'm sure that using the SB improves that response if you push the pedal down just a small bit (10% for example). But if you just push it down further, you are doing the same thing as the SB - just moving your foot further.

If there were a product that kept the pedal travel the same (didn't amplify) and actually improved the true response time of the engine to the throttle input, I would be all over that. I don't think such a thing is possible without modifying the cars ECU though.
See what others are saying about Sprint Booster by searching this forum and others.

Here is a great write up from an MBWORLD member.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...er-review.html
Attached Thumbnails w204 Sprintbooster-sema-show-2009_3_res.jpg   w204 Sprintbooster-sema-show-2009_4_res.jpg  

Last edited by SprintBooster; 12-01-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 Mazda6, 1993 RX7
Acr2001, We spent years developing this technology for each vehicle application to provide the best throttle response possible. You are applying suggestions and hypotheses from your white paper source to this matter....
...Sprint Booster is responsive throughout the entire pedal range..

quote KevinK2 "How about from 80% pedal to 100% pedal. Why make a statement like that?"
You did not repond directly to Arc's or my prior question. How about a short specific answer? Talk to your engineer(s) first. The principle of the SB is not far from the old white paper analysis. Even updated, the gain must be trivial going from 80% pedal depression and 100% floored.

BTW I like your product as a dramatic response improvement, but your beginning to sound like a typical politition with a pre-programmed, useless response, unfortunately.

Last edited by kevink2; 12-02-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC250 Coupe
do you ship to Brunei Darussalam? Would love to get on to try it out for myself.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class
Originally Posted by Kaewen
do you ship to Brunei Darussalam? Would love to get on to try it out for myself.
Kaewen, Send us a Private Message with your email address and phone number and we will refer you to a Sprint Booster Dealer in your region that can quickly send you a Sprint Booster.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
15 E200CGI SPORT
I'm in Brunei and is interested to try as well.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:59 AM

GLC250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Royce118
ooo you're back for good now?
Old 12-02-2011, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Originally Posted by Kaewen
ooo you're back for good now?
Yeah
Old 12-02-2011, 12:06 PM

GLC250 Coupe
Yeah
haha bah lets meet up for coffee sometime next week.
got the race chip done up and went for a dyno test at SHH ProShop last week.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
I'll see what I can do bro. Been real busy this few weeks. Yeah saw it from your other posts. Lets talk in PM and not thread jack. Lol
Old 12-05-2011, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 Mazda6, 1993 RX7
Just remember that SB oversold the product capabilites here"

"Sprint Booster is responsive throughout the entire pedal range"..
That is not true. The effect of increasing the responsiveness at normal usable range is you get less or no response from about 75% to 100% pedal position.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class
Originally Posted by kevink2

That is not true. The effect of increasing the responsiveness at normal usable range is you get less or no response from about 75% to 100% pedal position.

kevink2, if you have specific questions unique to a specific vehicle, it is recommend that you contact our technical office to have the technology explained further. info@sprintboosterusa.com

Furthermore. As stated before, our technology has been engineered for each vehicle application. Not all drive by wire systems operate in the same manner. This is why we have Sprint Boosters designed for each application.

Finally in terms of what you define as oversold capabilities. We invite you to technology for yourself before making conclusions. We have issued this challenge to many people who either do not fully understand our product or those who just skeptical. We do not employ smoke and mirrors about how good our product works. We have real customers and even tuner shops who use and sell our product. A perfect example..... Turner Motorsport is a widely respected entity in the BMW motorsports world. And they openly distribute and user our product.

Again, our product has been peer reviewed in the automotive industry and has time and time again won awards. We invite you and everyone else following this thread to discovery for themselves why Sprint Booster is one of the best modifications for your Mercedes Benz. Our product retails for $329 across all makes and models with countless hours of R&D behind each.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 Mazda6, 1993 RX7
kevink2, if you have specific questions unique to a specific vehicle, it is recommend that you contact our technical office to have the technology explained further. info@sprintboosterusa.com...
Thank you. I'll report back.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Thank you. I'll report back.

Hopefully they actually tell you something useful / factually significant, unlike their forum posts!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:04 PM

GLC250 Coupe

Thats where the 30 day money back guarantee comes in.
Try it first hand.. and if I don't like it, I know i can always return it.

Driving to me is like a feeling.. different people have different experience and they are all hard to put down on paper. I have an open mind and don't mind trying new things (not dangerous).. so let's see how it goes...

ooo and by the way. no one contacted my on the sale to Brunei yet..
Old 12-06-2011, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 Mazda6, 1993 RX7
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by SprintBooster
"Sprint Booster is responsive throughout the entire pedal range"..[\QUOTE]

As I had said before, I think it's a good product, understanding that you experience wot earlier in the pedal travel, like about 75% of pedal travel. To me that's not a problem.

It's the Statement above I have issues with.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
[QUOTE=kevink2;4948263]
"Sprint Booster is responsive throughout the entire pedal range"..[\QUOTE]

As I had said before, I think it's a good product, understanding that you experience wot earlier in the pedal travel, like about 75% of pedal travel. To me that's not a problem.

It's the Statement above I have issues with.

Perhaps if you take it literally, it is less disconcerting. Even the most minimal 1% response at the end of the travel is still being "responsive", and would allow for their statement. Or, even if the throttle is wide open earlier, the unit is still responding and sending signal for accel or decel, even if the throttle cannot actuate any further, which would also make their statement accurate. Note the claim is that the SB is responsive, not the throttle. Read it like a lawyer...it was likely approved for publication by one.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:46 AM

Just a little note, I had a 2008 C300 4Matic. I loved the car but always felt it could use a little more power. I decided a few months back to get a 2011 C300 4Matic. Mercedes has done a GREAT job in changing the feel of the power in this car. The exhaust note is better, the acceleration is better, and overall I am very happy with the 2011. I think all this was definitely taken care of through the tuning of the car. I am all for mods that add HP and TQ. It seems miss leading a gimiky to make people feel like something has more than is really does. I think real mods will truly show the HP and TQ differences on a dyno. I would like to see if anything changes on the dyno curve when the Sprintbooster is added. I would rather spend a little more money and get a tuned ECU with proven dyno results opposed to a device the modifies my gas pedal through amplification.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 Mazda6, 1993 RX7
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Perhaps if you take it literally, it is less disconcerting. Even the most minimal 1% response at the end of the travel is still being "responsive", and would allow for their statement..
I see your point, but combining that statement with the one that follows, it seems like my point of view is valid.

Sprint Booster is responsive throughout the entire pedal range. Stomping on the pedal is one thing, but our product allows a very predictable throttle response in non wide open throttle situation as well. .
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Or, even if the throttle is wide open earlier, the unit is still responding ( to pedal motion??? )and sending signal for accel or decel, even if the throttle cannot actuate any further, which would also make their statement accurate. Note the claim is that the SB is responsive, not the throttle. Read it like a lawyer ... it was likely approved for publication by one.
Ahh Lawyers, my favorite parasites on the economy.

I think I disagree here. What do you mean by accel of decel when in the "flat wot range" ... ie how can you accelerate when the throttle is already wide open?
Old 12-06-2011, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
I see your point, but combining that statement with the one that follows, it seems like my point of view is valid.

I think I disagree here. What do you mean by accel of decel when in the "flat wot range" ... ie how can you accelerate when the throttle is already wide open?
I think what they're trying to say is that by 75% pedal travel, the throttle might be getting a signal to open 99% then as you go from 75% to 100% pedal travel it might go from 99% to 100% - a total gimmick.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE

I am being painfully literal here...any motion of the pedal probably causes the SB unit to send some signal. Again, the claim is not for the throttle nor for ability to accelerate. It's just saying the unit is responding throughout the pedal range. It's powered up, and it always responds...the car's ability to make use of the response is apparently not part of the claim.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c350
Lol this thread . If your bugged by lag time and the ecu's way of learning when driving normally ( not aggressive ) than this mod is great . Just because you can plunge the pedal to the floor does not mean the car instantly responds unless you constantly drive it hard . I know when I beat on my car I have no lag time but after twenty minutes of traffic my car goes into old man mode and walks with a cane lol . I think the purpose is too simply make that when you press to button on the SB you don't have to worry about the cars ability to recognize your input for wot. I know I plan on getting one and I'm more than sure I'll like it . I really dont see why this product gets picked on so much , if you don't want to spend the money on than don't lol its really not prudent to harass to sales rep because you feel you review of product you haven't tried is important or even counts for that matter . Not trying to be a d**k but really