C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Want to change my exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 BMW M235i 6MT
Originally Posted by C300BLK
I have another question. Is the mufflers on your car just normal magnaflow mufflers or magnaflow race mufflers? I really want a nice and loud sound outside. I don't really mind drone. Are the mufflers you have loud only when you get to a certain rpm or is it loud at low rpm too. Also I am not going to change my resonator, just mufflers. Thanks
They are the normal ones. At low RPMs (1K-2K), a deep growl can easily be heard in the cabin. From 2K-3K is the loudest, this is the most annoying part in my mind. I've had other people in the car, and they say its not loud at all. Maybe I just like a silent in-cabin experience. I don't really know how to describe the sound over 3K, but it does sound very nice.

From the outside, it just sounds great all around.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
If you leave the resonator on and just change the mufflers, it will be loud for the first 1000 miles then get quiet again. It is better than stock, but not what u seem to want. If you want the sound u hear coming out of hooked up cars thats loud but sounds badass, you have to eliminate the resonator. Doing just mufflers is the exact same loudness like a G35/37 is stock, but with a deeper tone, same decibal level though. Ur gonna want to eliminate the resonator w an X pipe or just straight pipe eliminators. You could always do the mufflers and then go back later if your not happy, you wont have barely any drone w just muffler change.

You want these mufflers. One link is cheaper stainless, other is more $ stainless but polished. Just pick whatever tips you like, dont use the stock ones. leave the stock mufflers whole, cut them back few inches from back of muffler

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=9491

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=9302
Old 12-11-2011, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 BMW M235i 6MT
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
If you leave the resonator on and just change the mufflers, it will be loud for the first 1000 miles then get quiet again. It is better than stock, but not what u seem to want. If you want the sound u hear coming out of hooked up cars thats loud but sounds badass, you have to eliminate the resonator. Doing just mufflers is the exact same loudness like a G35/37 is stock, but with a deeper tone, same decibal level though. Ur gonna want to eliminate the resonator w an X pipe or just straight pipe eliminators. You could always do the mufflers and then go back later if your not happy, you wont have barely any drone w just muffler change.
So putting on the stock resonators will eliminate some of the in cabin noise? I might have to look into that.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:14 PM

c300 4matic
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek

You want these mufflers. One link is cheaper stainless, other is more $ stainless but polished. Just pick whatever tips you like, dont use the stock ones. leave the stock mufflers whole, cut them back few inches from back of muffler

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=9491

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=9302
Thanks for the info. Im still looking into getting just the mufflers as I really like a deeper sound at low rpm's.

Last edited by C300BLK; 12-12-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:15 PM

c300 4matic
Originally Posted by Richard2011
They are the normal ones. At low RPMs (1K-2K), a deep growl can easily be heard in the cabin. From 2K-3K is the loudest, this is the most annoying part in my mind. I've had other people in the car, and they say its not loud at all. Maybe I just like a silent in-cabin experience. I don't really know how to describe the sound over 3K, but it does sound very nice.

From the outside, it just sounds great all around.
How hard was it for the shop to install the mufflers and how long did it take? might get them done next sat.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 BMW M235i 6MT
Originally Posted by C300BLK
How hard was it for the shop to install the mufflers and how long did it take? might get them done next sat.
I'm not sure, really. My cousin knew the owner, so I got a good deal, and I just left my car there and picked it up later. Don't know how long it took.