C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Fog light issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 MBZ C230K and '09 MBZ C350
I just picked up my C350 from the body shop and drove it home. I parked it on the driveway and got out of the car. I looked around and noticed my fog lights are in wrong position. The first thing that came up in my mind, remembering the thread about fog light issues. I immediately checked mbworld.org and sure enough, it's the same thing "cross-eyed", I was like...oh damnit. I didn't want to take my car back to the body shop and have someone to correct the issues (didn't want to leave my car for another day at the body shop). I decided to fix them by myself. I jacked up the front part of my car (with two jacks) and removed both wheels (front only). I pulled the tire liner so I can access to the fog lights. The most challenging part is to deal with the washer wiper fluid bottle (on the driver's side). There is a bolt that is holding the bottle, I removed it and pulled the bottle away and I was able to unscrew four screws and removed the fog light. I swapped them and put everything back in reverse. It's not that difficult, but it requires lots of time (approx 2.5 hours). Now, my fog lights are in correct position. Whew!!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-Class W204 C200 CDi Sport
How can these guys not realise left from right at the bodyshops and then still not realise that the fog lights are clearly not sitting right

Anyways im glad you got it sorted!!