C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

hi everyone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 audi a4 sold, 03 gti 1.8 big turbo, w204 c300
hi everyone

I've been creeping on the forums for sometime now and decided i need and intro. nice to everyone I'm red i pick up my c in july and i love the drive now what are cars lack in hp they make up in comfort. so I've been trying to figure out how to approach my car in term of making it more than a car. in other words modify it. after much research I've come to the conclusion of making my car as oem+ as possible so i have a few questions for all the benz vets. on the site
plans for the car
i would like to add bi-xenon lighting package to my baby and have come across a web site that sells the harness need to do the retrofit.
now and i know most people would say just get a drop in kit but come on people oem+ i can't settle with that
i will make a diy just give me time i work 2 jobs and go to school
next will be my stance set up
i plan on getting low with coil-overs bit can't remember the brand but i have found a company that makes them with adjustable camber mounts so i will probably go with them
as for the wheel set up i have a set of chrome alphards i picked up that i will be rolling on
i also plan on making a custom cold air intake set up I've been doing taking lots of measurements and plan on running the pipes to have the cones sit right behind the fog light ducts and don't worry once i have the set up down i will try too hook up some of the folks on the site who want the mod as well
then we come to the interior of the car
plans for the inside.. thats a secrete for now lol
now we come to the electronics of the car i plan on getting purchasing a few things from midcity
vim
keyless go
and i would also like to get retrofit a parktronic kit
i would also plan on upgrading the audio's of the car
and input on this would be great i would like to upgrade the speakers due to the lack of clarity and volume
well thats it for now input and thoughts are welcome lady's and gents
pics and progress will come soon
and for reference my car is a arctic white 2011 c300 sport with the media package and amg wheels
Old 12-25-2011, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 Black on Black
cant wait for the intake good luck!
As for key less go you need to replace the whole key assembly. I have asked. I even bought a keyless go cover to see if it worked still a no go.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:04 PM

with due time ill keep you posted
and i thought all you need for keyless go is the module and it works?
Old 12-26-2011, 12:02 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
no its alot more than that, car has to be reprogrammed with star and the module/harness. As for the intake, these cars have a sort of ramair setup, you wont get any HP out of the mods, u may actually lose some on the highway. If you dont have the lighting package, Im not sure but I think the 11 models dont have projectors, you would be better off buying a set of headlights and doing an HID kit, Im not sure tho all my cars have OEM xenons, thats mandatory for me. You will find that these cars are tougher than norm to mod, too many warning lights and canbus systems to deal with, but anything is do-able. My question is why are you picking up a 2011 in July? do u mean a 2012?
Old 12-26-2011, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Keyless go involves a whole bunch of parts. The ones I remember off the top of my head are the module and I believe new exterior door handles not to mention new keys. You are talking over $2,000. Factory keyless go is around $700. Forget it. Same holds true about the HID light housings unless you get super lucky at a junk yard.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:15 PM

well for the the xenon's.. i find plenty of sets on ebay for reasonable prices and here is the site with the harness
http://web13.server001.publicompserv...products_id=4&
so I'm guess thats possible
as for the keyless go i think I'm having second thoughts about it lol
i got to disagree with you there brother, the stock intake boxes still hold restriction to the motor an sri type intake might provide negative gains due to heat soaking but if the piping is ducted properly to draw air from a source with cold air then I'm sure ill be seeing some gains maybe not a significant high gain but surely a difference. and i do plan on coating the piping to make it less prone to absorbing the heat produced by the motor
Old 12-26-2011, 04:16 PM

and no i got an 11 in july a month after i got my car the 12 came to the dealership :/
Old 12-26-2011, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by redkid's ml
well for the the xenon's.. i find plenty of sets on ebay for reasonable prices and here is the site with the harness
http://web13.server001.publicompserv...products_id=4&
so I'm guess thats possible
as for the keyless go i think I'm having second thoughts about it lol
i got to disagree with you there brother, the stock intake boxes still hold restriction to the motor an sri type intake might provide negative gains due to heat soaking but if the piping is ducted properly to draw air from a source with cold air then I'm sure ill be seeing some gains maybe not a significant high gain but surely a difference. and i do plan on coating the piping to make it less prone to absorbing the heat produced by the motor
You're not going to improve on the stock intake system with any of the aftermarket junk that is out there! MBs intake system is extremely well done. Most of the aftermarket horrors I see don't even preserve the stock induction from the front grille.

The price for that wiring harness is fine, but its the light housings that are going to rape your wallet, and then you still have to pay the dealer to code for them. Even with all of that said, they still wont function properly like stock and I don't think they will auto adjust without also adding the sensor for it (unless those were eliminated since I last checked and are now built into the existing sensors? doubt it) For the HID lights you are also talking $2000+

Last edited by acr2001; 12-26-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
welcome, good luck with your intake and dont drive through any big puddles, don't wanna hydrolock the car.