C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Two new dents in hood!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
UPDATE!

My baby is back! The "Dent Dude", did an excellent job today all while I was at lunch.
It was a drop off, and pick up type of deal. He had me come into the shop and inspect the hood under a shop light that was being used to "side light" the hood.

When I tried very hard to see any damage I was able to barely detect the smallest imperfection where the dents had been. I've since looked at it like you would normally admire your car and there is no trace of the dents.

I'm very happy with the results and will be going back to him if needed in the future!

And for the *****bag that damaged my car.....
Old 01-05-2012, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350, 2012 SL550
Glad everything worked out for you. I think a lot of people, including me, learned a great deal from this thread.

Regards,
Don
Old 01-05-2012, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
That's great! Now you can get a good nights sleep! Sleep tight.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:05 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
Yes, I'll be sleeping like a baby tonight, and will smile everytime I look at my car again!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:17 PM

2012 E350 4-matic SPORT
someone is hating on you... u pissed someone off, i guarantee it will happen again.
get a security system with a camera bro
Old 01-06-2012, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Thats great news, glad to hear everything worked out. Also, I am pretty sure that the hood is aluminum on all w204 models (2008-2012). I had PDR done on my hood and the guy said it was aluminum (2009 c300). He said the main difference is that aluminum tends to stretch when it dents, so it is harder to make the dents seem "unnoticeable" or get out larger dents than you can on steel. As such, before my car went back on lease, if you look at it under light and from an angle, you can see a "ripple" effect. Where since the aluminum stretched (this was a HUGE dent, maybe 6" in diameter and nearly 1" deep!) he needed to push UP in a few spots to make it as un noticeable as possible (almost dent it from the inside in a few locations). So when you look from an angle it looked like my car had pimples or something, lol!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:41 AM

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by jctevere
Thats great news, glad to hear everything worked out. Also, I am pretty sure that the hood is aluminum on all w204 models (2008-2012). I had PDR done on my hood and the guy said it was aluminum (2009 c300). He said the main difference is that aluminum tends to stretch when it dents, so it is harder to make the dents seem "unnoticeable" or get out larger dents than you can on steel. As such, before my car went back on lease, if you look at it under light and from an angle, you can see a "ripple" effect. Where since the aluminum stretched (this was a HUGE dent, maybe 6" in diameter and nearly 1" deep!) he needed to push UP in a few spots to make it as un noticeable as possible (almost dent it from the inside in a few locations). So when you look from an angle it looked like my car had pimples or something, lol!
Dang!! That's a heck of a dent to be fixed with PDR!! What did that fix cost you?

After this I'll never look at "minor" dents the same way again!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Post some before and after photos along with the repair people's name. Those in the area may want to use them.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Pleased it's sorted.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Whats interesting about those two dents is they appear to be the same size. Not random.

Got any teenagers in the house? Im not down on teenagers, its just that those were my own personal "stupidity driven accident prone, confession resistant" years.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by akmerc
Dang!! That's a heck of a dent to be fixed with PDR!! What did that fix cost you?

After this I'll never look at "minor" dents the same way again!
My dent guy doesn't go based on size or location (which I found odd, because bigger dents certainly take more work and some locations are harder to access/need more removal). He charges a flat rate of $125 for the first dent, and than $25 for every dent thereafter (no limit). I had 2 dents done, that huge monster one on my hood, just to the left of the hood ornament by a baseball. And the other dent was very small over the rear quarterpanel, probably from another baseball, but not a direct hit, bounced first.

As you can tell, I work at a baseball park, and DEFINITELY have glass coverage and utilize PDR often. So the whole thing only cost me $150 - I think I was out the door with like $160 between tax and stuff.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:16 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Whats interesting about those two dents is they appear to be the same size. Not random.

Got any teenagers in the house? Im not down on teenagers, its just that those were my own personal "stupidity driven accident prone, confession resistant" years.
The two dents were pretty much the same shape, but the one towards the grill was smaller. It's as if the same object made both with a different amount of force behind them....

No teenagers in the house only dogs. There are some teenagers in the neighborhood my wife works in though. They vandalized our 09 GTI two years back by using a razor knife to cut the PLASTIC VW emblem out of the grill.

She works about a block away now. The weird thing is that we've only had the car for a month, this is the first time she's ever drove it to work, and she parked it in a completely different spot than she normally parks to avoid falling ice and snow??

I could have sworn, and one estimator said it himself, that it looked like something had fallen on to the hood. At first I thought something had to have fallen from the landing in our garage on to it, but I looked and looked but there was nothing out of place. Also the distance from the landing to the hood is only about 4 feet so it would have taken a heavy object to do that kind of damage.

Does anyone have an idea about how much force it takes to dent one of these aluminum hood? I mean are they pretty tough and take some weight before they dent? Or are they fairly thin and prone to such damage?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:18 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by jctevere
My dent guy doesn't go based on size or location (which I found odd, because bigger dents certainly take more work and some locations are harder to access/need more removal). He charges a flat rate of $125 for the first dent, and than $25 for every dent thereafter (no limit). I had 2 dents done, that huge monster one on my hood, just to the left of the hood ornament by a baseball. And the other dent was very small over the rear quarterpanel, probably from another baseball, but not a direct hit, bounced first.

As you can tell, I work at a baseball park, and DEFINITELY have glass coverage and utilize PDR often. So the whole thing only cost me $150 - I think I was out the door with like $160 between tax and stuff.
Sound like you've found the right guy to fix you up! I think I've found the right guy too. It's pretty refreshing to know that something that heartbreaking (at first) can turn out to be not that big of a deal!