C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Xenon Lighting Package a No-Go....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Xenon Lighting Package a No-Go....

.... on a C300 4Matic Sport Sedan!

Went to dealer to order yet another car, a fully loaded USA spec 2012 C300 4-Matic.... and to our amazement the system kicked it back in our faces!

So my salesman, (the senior sales rep for the dealership from whom I buy all my cars) places a barrage of phone calls to MB HQ's in NJ... 45 min. later we found the culprit...it was the Lighting Package... they said that at this time it is not available if built in either German plant.

So we intercepted a build that was slated for S.Africa... everything went in.... Premium 1, Custom Obsidian Black with Beige/Black leather, Multimedia Package (Navi, Rear Camera etc.), 18" AMG wheels, Keyless-Go,.... but then as we entered the code for the Xenon Lighting Package once again.... IT KICKED IT OUT!!!!!!!

They must be reserving their limited supply (because the Japanese plant was destroyed by the tsunami and quake) for the Coupes and C350 Sport Sedans.... the C250/C300 sedans are not getting them... for now at least!

We live in a very heavily forested area of Potomac Maryland where there are no street lamps at all. Without proper lighting, you can easily miss a turn or hit a deer.... so the Xenon Lighting Package is a deal breaker!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts
2024 GLS450
That's interesting.

I was able to order my C250 sedan with the lighting package (slated to be built 1/25, ordered November 2) with no problems - but it took forever because my production date got shoved out because of the headlights. I originally wanted the 07P German build spec, but I wasn't willing to wait until the end of summer to get my car, which was as early as I could have gotten it.

I'd give it a couple of weeks and try again. When I initially was starting to look in August, their system refused to allow me to order the 7 spoke wheels on a 250. A couple of weeks later, and it was no sweat.

Are you dealing with Euromotorcars Germantown?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
That's interesting.

I was able to order my C250 sedan with the lighting package (slated to be built 1/25, ordered November 2) with no problems - but it took forever because my production date got shoved out because of the headlights. I originally wanted the 07P German build spec, but I wasn't willing to wait until the end of summer to get my car, which was as early as I could have gotten it.

I'd give it a couple of weeks and try again. When I initially was starting to look in August, their system refused to allow me to order the 7 spoke wheels on a 250. A couple of weeks later, and it was no sweat.

Are you dealing with Euromotorcars Germantown?

Yes! I've been dealing with this one sales guy since 1985. (He was of course with another brand/dealership at the time.) We're good buddies, so I wouldn't like to think I was swindled.... is there something you know that I should?

It might be that the 4-Matic and the Xenon LP are a no-go.... ??????

Last edited by MBRedux; 01-04-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts
2024 GLS450
Nothing that I know of

I'm working with Jim Pratt. I've worked with him and another guy in the past when I was looking at 2011s before I fell in love with the new interior.

I just hope that whatever is allocated out covers my car - I knew I had a 3rd decade build date, so I checked in yesterday and got the actual date and was told everything is moving forward as expected. At first I was afraid of S32 being discontinued and having to go with the full MM package before my car could be produced, and now I am afraid it will be the lighting package that screws me up

I can't say enough good things about Euromotorcars Germantown - they were phenomenal from the beginning when I ordered my smart, and the one time it has had to go in for work they were great. The fact that they have made my experience with a $16K car so great has won them my business permanently as I move up in the MB family.