C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New member!. HELP PLS!.. xenons, audio system, etc...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Talking New member!. HELP PLS!.. xenons, audio system, etc...

New member, completely 100% new to any type of forums, my first Benz, been driving a '10 RR Sport HSE LUX before this and finally decided on the '12 C300 4Matic equipped with S32 (launch), Backup Camera, Heated Seats, etc.. and NO LIGHTING PACKAGE

The car is leased so I need some insight on what will and won't void my warranty

Some of the problems I'm having
-The base audio system is not cutting it.
-What type of speakers should I use, what size, where do I get them, any install guides etc.... (The car does not have P1 so there is no harmon/kardon system, it it just a base system, no company logo on the speakers)

-I need to know what type of bulb to use to change my stock halogens to something resembling the Xenons that come in the lighting package that I wish I had.
-Saw 55W post somewhere but i'm new to modding as well so didn't understand it very well.

-I need to know if it is possible to change the stock halogen blinkers to yellow blinker LED strips (again like the ones in the lighting package)

-Is there anyway to install an aftermarket lighting package (WITH xenons AS WELL AS the led strip blinkers in the headlights) instead of going through this trouble?

SUMMED UP,

I NEED A NEW SOUND SYSTEM,

I WANT TO CHANGE THE BLINKERS, LOWBEAMS, AND HIGHBEAMS,
Blinkers - yellow led strips
Lowbeams - Xenons
Highbeams - Xenons

Also, may someone please clarify to me as to WHAT A PARKING LIGHT on the '12 C300 is... I know these sound like immature not researched questions but please help me out.

Basically, I want to change everything to resemble the DRL without making the car look cheaply modded.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
There are a few good posts about upgrading to Infinity Kappa 60.9 component speakers up front - The crossovers are huge but there happens to be a spot in the door where they mount perfectly, tweeters also huge compared to stock, but also a few ideas of how to mount them also - I did this, the improvement is like night and day over stock, sounds beautiful now...there is also info on changing the rears to Kappas 6032's (I think...)

Use the search function above and search "speaker upgrade" for a great how to write up called "W204 third party component speaker upgrade" or look at Acapulco Bills posts - he seems to be an expert in this area.

Welcome and good luck - there are light experts that will chime in - AZN optics rings a bell...

Last edited by Scat01; 01-25-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 PM

2012 c250
first of all congrats on the new car...
second...im having the same problem with my c250 but i bought mine with P1 so i cant help u with the sounds...

as far as lighting goes...theres no way u can make it like the stock lighting package unless u can get ahold of stock headlight housings that have the lighting package. and that will cost a pretty penny. so as for aftermarket...there are a lot of options of what you can do...easiest is to change the bulbs out...and cheap.

hid kits are good but if im not mistaken...all 2012 c class without lighting package come stock with reflector housing. so far, most hid kits are made for 2011 which have a different connector for the headlights. im currently researching hid kits as well but no luck so far. as for the Driving lights..it refers to the led strip that is in place for the older fog lights. turn it off and u drive around with absolutely no lights during the day...turn it on and u have the led strip on during day time driving...my opinion...leave it on...
led turn signals like stock lighting package is impossible unless u get stock housing like i mentioned so dont stress urself too much over that...it is bothersome but thats the punishment we get for not buying a car with the lighting package...

most aftermarket HID kits come with installation instructions or u can look on youtube for DIYs but like i said...previous models are different from 2012 but not so much...
aznoptics sell hid kits and have installation instructions too. and they are a member of this forum so any questions he can probably answer...

good luck on your upgrades but i think changing the sound system "might" void your warranty...better to ask your dealer for specifics.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:31 PM

2012 c250
and bulb sizes are H7 for both low and high beams
Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
For your audio, you could retrofit the stock upgrade in or you could swap to aftermarket speaker is polk, alpine etc and run them off the stock amp. You could upgrade to aftermarket amps also but then you're getting into a more intensive install.

The rear tail lights can be swapped out with led units, search led tail lights on the board. The front you can upgrade to led bulbs but some people have noted some issues with them so experience varies from each user.

If you don't have lighting package and don't want to install a pnp hid kit then forget about xenons and focus more on actual performance via upgraded bulbs from brands such as osram, philips etc.

Spend a good amount of time searching and reading various forums that pertain to your questions and build yourself a knowledge base, and of course we'll be here to help you but key is search.

Last edited by Knightmare69; 01-25-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by mfkl2
first of all congrats on the new car...
second...im having the same problem with my c250 but i bought mine with P1 so i cant help u with the sounds...

as far as lighting goes...theres no way u can make it like the stock lighting package unless u can get ahold of stock headlight housings that have the lighting package. and that will cost a pretty penny. so as for aftermarket...there are a lot of options of what you can do...easiest is to change the bulbs out...and cheap.

hid kits are good but if im not mistaken...all 2012 c class without lighting package come stock with reflector housing. so far, most hid kits are made for 2011 which have a different connector for the headlights. im currently researching hid kits as well but no luck so far. as for the Driving lights..it refers to the led strip that is in place for the older fog lights. turn it off and u drive around with absolutely no lights during the day...turn it on and u have the led strip on during day time driving...my opinion...leave it on...
led turn signals like stock lighting package is impossible unless u get stock housing like i mentioned so dont stress urself too much over that...it is bothersome but thats the punishment we get for not buying a car with the lighting package...

most aftermarket HID kits come with installation instructions or u can look on youtube for DIYs but like i said...previous models are different from 2012 but not so much...
aznoptics sell hid kits and have installation instructions too. and they are a member of this forum so any questions he can probably answer...

good luck on your upgrades but i think changing the sound system "might" void your warranty...better to ask your dealer for specifics.

thank you thank you, yes wish the car had P1 but the dealer couldn't get a hold of one for me with the S32 also. ... , also best thing on here was i never realized aznoptics was a member here thats great i'll be seeking them for some advice.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:55 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Scat01
There are a few good posts about upgrading to Infinity Kappa 60.9 component speakers up front - The crossovers are huge but there happens to be a spot in the door where they mount perfectly, tweeters also huge compared to stock, but also a few ideas of how to mount them also - I did this, the improvement is like night and day over stock, sounds beautiful now...there is also info on changing the rears to Kappas 6032's (I think...)

Use the search function above and search "speaker upgrade" for a great how to write up called "W204 third party component speaker upgrade" or look at Acapulco Bills posts - he seems to be an expert in this area.

Welcome and good luck - there are light experts that will chime in - AZN optics rings a bell...
sounds awesome and i will be looking into it, are their guides on this? and you used tweeters in the front and kappas 6032's in the back, or did i get that mixed up?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:01 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
Does anybody know if i get these if they will work with the '12 W204 without an ERROR MESSAGE?? (link below)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230686015167...ht_6026wt_1182
Old 01-25-2012, 10:57 PM

2011 GL450 P2, Appearance Pkg, Leather. 2012 C250, P1, Sport, AMG Wheels, Panorama Sunroof.
Originally Posted by pgasparro
Does anybody know if i get these if they will work with the '12 W204 without an ERROR MESSAGE?? (link below)

Those look very interesting. Any comments?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:20 PM

2012 c250

looks like these are for bulbs only which can only be used for factory HID...u need to look for a HID conversion kit
Old 01-26-2012, 02:41 AM

2012 c250
check aznoptics.com

look for HID conversion kits...some come with error cancelers and those are the ones u need
Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 AM

C300 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by mfkl2
looks like these are for bulbs only which can only be used for factory HID...u need to look for a HID conversion kit
Wrong. These are just regular H7 bulbs that can just pop right in and give no errors. Color output appears to be whiter hence the HID-look, but no telling if the actual output is better or not vs stock.
Conversion kits for reflector housings are just too hard to pull off if you actually care about beam pattern/glare. Still boggles my mind why MB did away with projectors as stock...
Old 01-26-2012, 05:24 AM

2012 c250
Originally Posted by Doanster
Wrong. These are just regular H7 bulbs that can just pop right in and give no errors. Color output appears to be whiter hence the HID-look, but no telling if the actual output is better or not vs stock.
Conversion kits for reflector housings are just too hard to pull off if you actually care about beam pattern/glare. Still boggles my mind why MB did away with projectors as stock...
did some research and it seems like they are the same as the cheap blue coated bulbs that sell for $5 a pair.
better to cough up another $50 for that price and get a legit HID kit.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:24 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
So does anybody have a good reliable source where I can find a legit HID kit and how much more complicated is the installation versus just popping in the reg H7 bulbs. Has anybody done this to their '12?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:54 PM

2012 c250
aznoptics sell kits...google search hid kits and you can compare and read reviews...most are plug n play but it will take more time than regular halogens. i believe aznoptics has a video on how to install the kit for W204. but it requires
mounting the ballast to somewhere safe and connecting the existing harness to the ballast...havent tried but going to soon once i find a kit that i like. id say it will take maybe 30 minutes to an hour depending on how detailed you are.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:32 PM

2008 C300 Sport 4matic

Don't buy it. I already tried them couple of years ago and this thing lasted only 8 months or so. Yes, the color somewhat resembles HID (whiter than stock) but there is no comparison with true HID lighting system. I went to HID conversion kit after that. Since mine is 08 so your conversion to HID won't be easy as mine though...
Old 01-27-2012, 11:00 AM

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by snowykim
Don't buy it. I already tried them couple of years ago and this thing lasted only 8 months or so. Yes, the color somewhat resembles HID (whiter than stock) but there is no comparison with true HID lighting system. I went to HID conversion kit after that. Since mine is 08 so your conversion to HID won't be easy as mine though...
Lucky you, I wish the conversion could be easy, been researching a '12 HID conversion for some time now.... coming up with nothing
Old 01-28-2012, 11:21 AM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
there is no conversion really for a 2012. The non lighting cars have reflectors, not projectors, so you can do an HID kit but its gonna be a wide pattern, not tight like projectors, but still be better than stock and look good. Just pm AZN and have him hook you up, great guy. Unless you wanna pony up for a full headlight replacement on L and R sides, this is your option, especially on a leased car. Remember when u lease wait and get what u want, otherwise u end up in this boat.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:45 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
Gonna go ahead and try an HID, thanks. Now my next question, anyone specific who I should go to for a good install of the magna flow x-pipe exhaust part?