C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2014 C class spied

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 4Matic & GLK350 4Matic
Not a fan of that styling at all.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:37 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by mhad2480
Yeah, there are a lot of people saying that the current w204s would be difficult to distinguish from Japanese/Asian cars on the road today if not for the badges, I think that it is not that Mercedes is losing it's edge just that other auto makers have really stepped up. Some of the new Hyundais I've seen on the road actually look pretty nice. Not saying that I'd go buy a Genesis or spend upwards of $60k for the Equus(which I think is ludicrous) but they look way better than previous offerings.
I think if you took a random sampling of every car mentioned here, painted them the same silver and asked an average group of people to name them all, there might be some confusion.

Even here where most people buy/lease variations of silver/black, after delivery there is a mad rush (and burning up of Visa cards) to change the exterior appearance to separate them from the common herd. Giant wheels, more bumper cover variations than you can count, and on and on...

Loud denials to follow.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by wireless200
Car and Driver noted in their recent test how good the four sounded. Only MB has that.
Motor Trend has a comparison between the 328 and C250 in the latest issue. The 328 wins, but they are really positive about much of the C in the comments. Theirs was timed at like 6.4 seconds 0-60... Not too shabby.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 Sport / C36 / C250 Sport
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
I'm about 2,000 miles in now, so it's broken in and I'm getting a feel for the car.

It definitely has some quirks in power delivery, but I would hardly call it sluggish or say that it isn't effortless. It feels quicker if you don't stand on it though - the turbo is too small to help it much at the top end. It's definitely more of a midrange puller - nice for merging or such. It's definitely relaxed in E, but scoots away from a light without feeling like it is exerting itself. S improves things a lot - it's got a bit of Jekyll and Hyde thing going on, but I find that I use E about 90% of the time.

I think it fits the car well. It's definitely a more pleasant sound to my ears than the V6 - I'm not a fan of a gritty sounding exhaust note during acceleration. I'm averaging 23MPG with it with a city-heavy mix of driving without really trying, as well.
Bingo. I agree with your assertion 100%; they're spot on with my impressions. I just turned in my C250 loaner that I had for the last 3 days and it took me a while to get used to the power delivery. The torque curve is much flatter and lower than the V6 in the C300 and it feels livelier.. Another thing I noticed was how much more lighter the C250 felt compared to the C300 you can definitely feel the difference in weight with the C250s aluminum hood, fenders and aluminum 1.8 liter block especially in quick transitions and fast lane changes. The downside to this imp is it doesn't have or feel as solid or weighted as you'd expect in a Benz. But on the positive side of things the MPGs were better than the C300 even with my constant flogging! So with that in mind I can see myself in a C250 Sport with Dynamic Handling package and a Burger stage 1 piggyback/tune once my current lease is up.

Unless I can work out a sweet heart deal on a new BMW F30 328i M-Sport! I test drove one today(basic model) for about 15 miles or so and my impressions were that during normal driving conditions there isn't much to discern the more powerful Bimmer to the Benz(C250) except the steering feel, the steering in the Bimmer felt vague and lifeless and a tad over boosted compared to the Benz. What i'm about to say would be blasphemous in a BMW forum but I actually liked the steering feel and inputs better in the Benz, it was nicely weighted and in tune with the road. But to the Bimmers defense it was the electronically assisted steering unit that I sampled and I was told that Sport model with M-Tune will have the tried and true hydraulically assisted masterpiece that Bimmers are known for. Another impression I got was that if you flogged the Bimmer from a dead stop it feels like a rocket ship compared to the Benz and with Burgers piggyback tune it can achieve a 0-60 time of 4.9 seconds! And with better MPGs to boot.(stock tune)

Cheers,
Old 04-25-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 Sport / C36 / C250 Sport
Originally Posted by Tri-Star

Well if it ends up looking anything like this then....
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/merce...t-style-coupe/ I'm In!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 AM

c300 4matic
Originally Posted by Tri-Star
+1.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:49 PM

2011 C300 Sport, 2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
Originally Posted by RLE
I think if you took a random sampling of every car mentioned here, painted them the same silver and asked an average group of people to name them all, there might be some confusion.

I'll agree with you on that one, however I think that most people that join a forum or even bother to go online and do a little searching around don't fall into the "average" group. I know there are a lot of people on here with more knowledge on autos than I have, and I still consider myself more informed than the average Joe on the street.

Even here where most people buy/lease variations of silver/black, after delivery there is a mad rush (and burning up of Visa cards) to change the exterior appearance to separate them from the common herd. Giant wheels, more bumper cover variations than you can count, and on and on...

I fall into this group, kinda.

Loud denials to follow.

Not from me, but you should win the giant spoon award, for stirring $h!t. LOL