C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Need help with interior choice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mazda 6
Need help with interior choice

I am going to be ordering a MB C300W4. I am going with either Palladium Silver or Iridium Silver(depending on whats available), but I can't decide on interior color. I have to stick with MB Tex, but I can't decide between Ash or Almond Beige/Mocha. I am leaning towards Ash, but I am worried it would be tough to keep clean. If anybody has or has had MB Tex Ash(or if you just have a opinion on it), could you tell me what you think of it. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Black C300
Originally Posted by doozer_stevens
I am going to be ordering a MB C300W4. I am going with either Palladium Silver or Iridium Silver(depending on whats available), but I can't decide on interior color. I have to stick with MB Tex, but I can't decide between Ash or Almond Beige/Mocha. I am leaning towards Ash, but I am worried it would be tough to keep clean. If anybody has or has had MB Tex Ash(or if you just have a opinion on it), could you tell me what you think of it. Thanks!
I would take ash anyway, both do get dirty its up to you how clean you wanna keep it
Old 02-13-2012, 09:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C363 S / 2007 SLK55 / 2016 F150 4x4 / 1998 Cobra Convertible
The beige/mocha looks more luxurious. The ash looks sportier (to me). I prefer the ash myself.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C300 Lux
The color choice is subjective. I took Black with Palladium silver and I like the combination a lot.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 PM

2004 Mazda 6
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm thinking ash is the best choice so far. I was just worried because it looked bright white in all the pictures.
Kev10, I was going to go with black, but two co-workers who have black mb tex told me it shows a lot of dirt in the cracks of the seats, and that it's tough to keep clean. Do you have that problem?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:17 PM

2012 C300 Lux
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm thinking ash is the best choice so far. I was just worried because it looked bright white in all the pictures.
Kev10, I was going to go with black, but two co-workers who have black mb tex told me it shows a lot of dirt in the cracks of the seats, and that it's tough to keep clean. Do you have that problem?
I don't have the problem, at least not yet.

My car is only 4 months old. Although I use it every day, 99% of the time it is for myself only. The car is clean inside and out, and I have never spent any effort cleaning it. I guess it is partially due to the fact that I really like it and have been careful with it.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:52 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Stuff does get in the cracks, just need to get on top of it and clean it regularly. Nothing a quick vacuum won't fix. I had the Black ARTICO (MBTex) in my C350 for 2 years, no issues at all. If anything, I'd say the lighter colours will require more attention.

Trending Topics

Old 02-13-2012, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Three years in on an Ash/Black two tone interior, and the Ash seats look like new with modest cleaning and care. I would do it again, as the darker colors, such as black, make the interior seem smaller and closed in. The Mocha used to force woodgrain and a four spoke steering wheel, even in the Sport, so be careful of that, in case those restrictions are also applied for 2012.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 CLS550 4Matic; 2010 E550, 2007 SL550
Personally, I prefer the Almond. The ash just looks sterile to my eyes.
But then, I have woodgrain, not aluminum in my Sport.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:52 PM

2004 Mazda 6
Originally Posted by kev10
I don't have the problem, at least not yet.

My car is only 4 months old. Although I use it every day, 99% of the time it is for myself only. The car is clean inside and out, and I have never spent any effort cleaning it. I guess it is partially due to the fact that I really like it and have been careful with it.
I would be just like you, keeping it very clean! We'll see, if I can't decide, maybe I'll stick with black. I just wanted something different from the guys at work.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:56 PM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, P1, MM, Wood, Heated FS, DIY rearview camera. 2002 QX4
Mine is Palladium with black interior. I don't like black but I didn't have choice because of the options I wanted, and because most interiors were black that time at that dealer.

Black show every little dirt which I don't care that much since it's easy to clean. If I will do it again with all options/packages available, I will take Almond/Mocha.

Black gets very hot in the summer under the sun, even in California sometimes. Besides, black looks kind of cheap (to me).
Old 02-14-2012, 12:00 AM

2004 Mazda 6
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Three years in on an Ash/Black two tone interior, and the Ash seats look like new with modest cleaning and care. I would do it again, as the darker colors, such as black, make the interior seem smaller and closed in. The Mocha used to force woodgrain and a four spoke steering wheel, even in the Sport, so be careful of that, in case those restrictions are also applied for 2012.
That is the one reason I don't want the almond color, they force you to the round steering wheel (4 spoke) instead of the D shaped wheel (3 spoke), but I do like the colors. And I am going with wood grain no matter what. I wish I could get the almond with the 3 spoke wheel.

You are right, the black does make the interior look smaller. Thanks for the input!
Old 02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
I have ash in my 63 and like it a lot, go for the ash with those paints,
and as you know: Iridium is the best one for resale....
Old 02-14-2012, 03:20 PM

2012 C250 Sport
That is the one reason I don't want the almond color, they force you to the round steering wheel (4 spoke) instead of the D shaped wheel (3 spoke), but I do like the colors. And I am going with wood grain no matter what. I wish I could get the almond with the 3 spoke wheel.

You are right, the black does make the interior look smaller. Thanks for the input!
You're in the US, correct? The MB USA build function shows an almond interior w/ the 3-spoke steering wheel for the sport models. You could always confirm by contacting MB USA or your local dealer.

I think black is also just too austere. Got Lunar Blue/Ash/wood trim on my C250 and love it. The aluminum trim actually looks fine w/ the black interior but it looks odd w/ ash (too monochromatic; and I imagine it would look pretty bad w/ almond). The ash is more like off-white, and it's pretty easy to clean off if you're just getting MB tex (any vinyl cleaner should work fine). Besides, on the Sport models, half the interior is still black, so....
Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Silver or grey exteriors rarely look good with beige or almond interiors... Blacks, reds, deep charcoal greys look great IMO.... stay away from ash unless you like cleaning the damn thing every time you arrive home.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:51 PM

Black C300 Sport
I have had ash and it was a pain allthough it was my everyday car, thing is paint even started to come off @ one part of the seat but they changed it under warranty but it was still very hard to keep clean. i now have almond/mocha and it is much easier, thing is dont know how the silver exterioir will go with those colors.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:11 PM

2004 Mazda 6
Originally Posted by Christian75
I have had ash and it was a pain allthough it was my everyday car, thing is paint even started to come off @ one part of the seat but they changed it under warranty but it was still very hard to keep clean. i now have almond/mocha and it is much easier, thing is dont know how the silver exterioir will go with those colors.
This car will be my everyday car as well. I am leasing this thru a program where I work that allows us to lease a MB of our choice for 12 months and 15,000 miles at a reduced lease rate. So if the Ash interior lasts 12 months, I'm fine with that because I HAVE to return the car after the 12 months. I really like the almond/mocha interior, I just wish it had the 3 spoke steering wheel!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:17 PM

2004 Mazda 6
Originally Posted by alsyli
You're in the US, correct? The MB USA build function shows an almond interior w/ the 3-spoke steering wheel for the sport models. You could always confirm by contacting MB USA or your local dealer.

I think black is also just too austere. Got Lunar Blue/Ash/wood trim on my C250 and love it. The aluminum trim actually looks fine w/ the black interior but it looks odd w/ ash (too monochromatic; and I imagine it would look pretty bad w/ almond). The ash is more like off-white, and it's pretty easy to clean off if you're just getting MB tex (any vinyl cleaner should work fine). Besides, on the Sport models, half the interior is still black, so....
Yes I am in the U.S. Sorry, I described the steering wheel wrong. I guess the one I like is the "D" shaped wheel (flat bottom), but the almond interior only comes with the round wheel. I know I might be getting too picky. So I think I might try out Ash with the wood trim and see how that goes.

Thanks!