C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Getting my First W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204
Getting my First W204

Hi all,

Paid for deposit today for my first W204!

I was choosing between c200 and c250estate. In Hong Kong, the only difference between the two versions are 1.the extra 20hp and 2. Dynamic handling. Both have amg package and sunroof. Since the price difference less the dynamic handling option is hkd56k (usd7k), I think It is too expensive for that computer chip so I decided to get the c200.

I can still choose which options to add before Monday. I would just like to ask if the followings are sensible to add:
1. Panoramic sunroof (sliding sunroof is already included)
2. Keyless go
3. Easy pack tailgate
4. Harman Kardon Surround sys
5. Dynamic handling

Last but not least, what do you guys think about the Magnetite Black? It seems very dark to me just like black but I haven't seen one on the street before. It is a new color this year in HK. I am also thinking about palladium silver/iridium silver.

Can't wait to get the car in June!!!

Thanks and look fwd to your advice.

Ben
Old 03-03-2012, 01:10 PM

2010 C300
Hello from a fellow w204 owner originally from Hong Kong,

- I recommend going for the C250 as its much more than a "chip" for the extra 20hp, not to mention the extra power will come in handy for steep hills if you visit the peak or New Territories often.
- Panaroma roof is a personal preference but check it out in person to see if you enjoy the extra sun along with the added fuel cost for having to run the AC all the time. Its also more prone to developing squeaks and rattles in the future.
- Keyless go is great
- Tailgate (I assume its the one where you press a button and it closes automatically), to me its not necessary as the car does not have a really all ride height so closing the gate shouldn't be an issue.
- HK Stereo is great but others may argue you can replace the basic audi20 speakers and get better results, it depends on how comfortable you are in regards to changing out components in your car or do you like something that you can enjoy right out of the box with no mods needed
- dynamic handling is great as it comes with paddle shifter and a button to change suspension settings. Again it depends on where you go the comfort mode may come in handy rougher/bumpy roads.

Magnetite black is great, take a quick look at the C63 forum as there are quite a few cars in that particular color with pictures posted. If COMAND navigation/Media Interface is available it is recommended. Also if you haven't decided already please opt for the bi-xenon headlights as the regular halogen unitsdoes not look as good.

Congrats on the new car and post pics once you take delivery.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:10 PM

W204
Thanks Toast for the advice!

In fact I am still not very clear what the real difference is between the two engines. When you say it is more than just the chip, so what else? Can you elaborate more? I think I can still change my order.

Decided to get keyless and HK sys. U r right auto tailgate seems not necessary for this height. As for the panoramic sunroof.....still deciding. It is more than the practical use of it (I think it looks quite cool). But as you know it is not cheap especially when I know now that it comes with a sliding sunroof.

Your location is in Vancouver? I used to live there too!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c350
Go for dynamic handling and Harmon Karden . Wish I knew about the DH package before I got mine lol dealer never said a word about it .
Old 03-04-2012, 09:52 PM

W204
now I realize that the car comes with the ugly 2012 halogen lamp. If I want to change it, I can ONLY get Intelligent lighting package that comes with that bi-xenon light. It is very cool with that C shape LED but I really don't need the intelligent system.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:31 PM

W204
Confirmed my order today
- C200T in Magnetite Black on Black leather
- AMG package with dynamic handling
- HK sound sys
- Intelligent Lighting
- Keyless go

will get 18" wheels after delivery...any HK users who can recommend good shops?

Delivery in mid June....will take pix and share!