C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Hood problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Palladium Sport Sedan
Hood problem

I have an appointment tomorrow with the dealer to have it checked out but wondering if anyone else has experience with the same. The hood when shut does not sit flush on the passenger side as it does on the driver side. There is also some play up and down and is fairly noticeable. I checked to see if anything was catching or keeping it from shutting fully but did not find anything.

Is there anything easily adjustable?

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:19 PM

C300 Sport 6MT
Yes, it is easily adjustable. On the hood itself, there is an adjustment nut on the latch. Trick is to make sure the dealership puts some Loctite on the threads after it's been properly adjusted. When I bought my car a couple years ago, the passenger side was noticeably higher as well and they adjusted it flush. It was fine... until I opened and closed the hood a few times and then noticed it was off again. I ended up just adjusting myself and put Loctite blue (NOT red!) and have had no issues since.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:43 PM

12' C250, 96' Toyota Landcruiser
I had the same issues when I brought home the c250. It was a huge gap on the passenger side. I just opened the hood and slammed the hood down and it was good. I closed it with both hands over each latch.

This car has two latches on either side of the grill and you have to make sure both side latch down equally. Otherwise one will not sit well and there will be a gap.

Now it's fine. Good luck.