C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Finally! Transfered my contacts (iphone 4s)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
c300 sport
Finally! Transfered my contacts (iphone 4s)

For those who still have not been able to transfer your contacts from iphone 4/4s, I have a solution that just worked for me. ( I did this on a windows laptop with outlook)
1, Synced all of my contacts from phone to outlook.
2, Selected all of the contacts, attached all of my contacts to an email message (send as card).
3, I did not send the email but copied all of the .vcf files into a folder on the desktop.
4, I have a Bluetooth adapter that I am using for a mouse.
5, Confirmed that the laptop is discoverable
6, Took laptop to the car
7, Used the option to authorize another external device. My laptop discovered the benz as “MB Bluetooth” and the car saw the laptop as “laptop” (see attachment). Windows however did not have the driver so I could not pair. I let windows search for the driver online and it found “MB Bluetooth (mono audio). See attached…
Once I had the correct driver, I was able to pair the laptop with the car as if it was another phone.
8, I set the option in the car to receive vcards. I then used Bluetooth file transfer to transfer the .vcf files from the laptop to the car.
9, DONE!
Attached Thumbnails Finally! Transfered my contacts (iphone 4s)-1.jpg   Finally! Transfered my contacts (iphone 4s)-2.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by mad4me:
JPEPPAS (09-13-2017), THD (07-23-2017)
Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what a pain in the butt.. why couldnt mb make it simple for us iphone users..
Old 03-23-2012, 04:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'12 C300 4matic
which model year are you talking about?? all i had to do was pair my iphone and within seconds my phone book transfered.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:23 PM

c300 sport
Originally Posted by Memphis1
which model year are you talking about?? all i had to do was pair my iphone and within seconds my phone book transfered.
c300 sport 2008
Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
His 2019 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Her's 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Mine BMW R1200R
Memphis1, which iPhone and service do you have? I have an iPhone4 with ATT and it will not transfer contacts with my 2012 GLK with the 7" Command 6 Disc.

Mad4me, my Macbook will pair with the GLK bluetooht, but only as an audio device, not as a phone or laptop, thus the MB Command grayed out the option to import contacts.
Thanks.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'12 C300 4matic
iphone 4 with ATT, after pairing it transferred everything, even missed calls, recent calls and favorites
Old 03-24-2012, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Here the Same iPhone 4 with Tmobile and audio20 (facelift c) and transfer everything
Old 03-24-2012, 07:23 PM

c300 sport
I have iphone 4s with sprint. I am not using a mac however so I cannot provide any guidance with that platform - sorry...
Old 03-24-2012, 08:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
His 2019 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Her's 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Mine BMW R1200R
After checking on the MB mobile website, it looks like the C Class has been updated to allow contacts transfers and all. Guess MB figured that they would take care of us GLK peeps when they do the 2013 refresh.
Also tried today to use an SD card in the PCMCIA slot, but as I had a SDHC card, that was also a no go.
Dealer claims to have a transfer kit, so now have to wait till next week to fully use all the Bluetooth on a brand new GLK.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Trying to get my contacts from my Iphone 4 to my 2011 C300 and so far it is a no go. The phone guru at my local AD said they should transfer automatically. Been a couple of days with long commutes and still nothing.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Ron Jr
Trying to get my contacts from my Iphone 4 to my 2011 C300 and so far it is a no go. The phone guru at my local AD said they should transfer automatically. Been a couple of days with long commutes and still nothing.

Hey Ron,

I finally got it done on my car. If you are still having trouble, PM me and I'll send you what I did. It was really simple. But I hope you got it done by now
Old 06-03-2012, 09:38 PM

Iridium Silver 2009 C63
Jetfly - for the sake of others who still are banging their heads against the wall trying to get this done over Bluetooth, an explanation here would be fantastic. I am able to pair the MB to my Mac, but when I try to send a file from the Mac to the MB after selecting "receive business cards", the wheel spins in the Mac, and then nothing happens.

Help appreciated!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:29 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by myrison
Jetfly - for the sake of others who still are banging their heads against the wall trying to get this done over Bluetooth, an explanation here would be fantastic. I am able to pair the MB to my Mac, but when I try to send a file from the Mac to the MB after selecting "receive business cards", the wheel spins in the Mac, and then nothing happens.

Help appreciated!
Sure, that will not be a problem.
These instructions assume that you have your iPhone already paired with your MB, which I don't think anybody was complaining about

The next thing you wanna do is sync all your contacts into your Macbook's Adress Book. Next open your Address Book. Click on "all contacts" in the group column. Next select a contact, any contact. On the menu bar on your Macbook select edit --> select all. All contacts will turn blue. On the menu bar again click file--> export --> export vCard now leave the name of the file as it is and be sure to save it to your desktop.

Now the actual pairing. You have to be patient, relaxed and willing to try more than once:

1. in Comand APS go to Settings / Bluetooth / Bluetooth Devices (or similar)
2. on the top most item select Options / External Authorisation (or similar)
3. Comand APS is now ready to be paired with your mac
4. On the mac open the Bluetooth pairing Assistant and select the 'MB Bluetooth' Device now.
5. Comand APS will ask for a code to authorize the mac
6. enter a 4 digit number as the code ( I simply used 0000 )
7. Authorization will fail on the Mac but you are able to select 'code options' or similar in the Bluetooth Assitant on the mac.
8. Select code options and select the option 'use this code' (or similar) and enter the same 4 digit code that you entered in Comand APS before
9. Retry pairing from the mac.
10. Comand APS will then display 'performing authorization' (or similar)
11. The mac will already show that pairing was successful! To make it work you now need to quickly klick the bluetooth icon in the menu bar and select 'MB Bluetooth' > Use this as audio device (or similar)
12. If successfull Comand APS will display a success message. If not please try again. Once connected, it will last about 30 seconds, so be quick next.
13. Be sure your Comand APS is in the receiving contacts mode. On the Macbook's menu bar, click the BT icon and choose send file. The file is the file you saved on your desktop. Once you do that, you will see the contacts being exported to your MB.
The last step requires both hands, since one will be on the command and the other on your Macbook. I had to do this 3 times to succeed, it's just the nature of the beast.

It is absolutely a pain in the *** procedure, but that was the only way, for me anyway, to get it done.

I hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:47 AM

Iridium Silver 2009 C63
Wow, thank you, that was enough info to let me figure out what I was doing wrong. I've read 6 or 8 of posts just like yours above, but none of them that I saw make the point clear that the last two steps are a RACE. If you had 30 seconds, your car/mac was considerably more friendly than mine.

I got about a 2 second window, which I could see from my Mac going through the BT Connected / BT disconnected toggle on and off. I had to hit the import contacts/send file combination within that window, and then it finally started sending.

I literally sat in my car last night for 90 minutes fiddling with this without luck. Today in the car in front of my office I got it done in 20 minutes. Still not easy, but I was totally stuck before that post, so thanks.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by myrison
Wow, thank you, that was enough info to let me figure out what I was doing wrong. I've read 6 or 8 of posts just like yours above, but none of them that I saw make the point clear that the last two steps are a RACE. If you had 30 seconds, your car/mac was considerably more friendly than mine.

I got about a 2 second window, which I could see from my Mac going through the BT Connected / BT disconnected toggle on and off. I had to hit the import contacts/send file combination within that window, and then it finally started sending.

I literally sat in my car last night for 90 minutes fiddling with this without luck. Today in the car in front of my office I got it done in 20 minutes. Still not easy, but I was totally stuck before that post, so thanks.

You are very welcome, and I'm glad I could help
Old 06-04-2012, 11:10 PM

2012 E350 4-matic SPORT
GONNA TRY THIS ON MY 2010 TOMM. I'LL JUST HAVE TO BOOTCAMP THE MAC INTO WINDOWS 7.......

THANKS MAD
Old 06-06-2012, 08:54 PM

2012 E350 4-matic SPORT
Originally Posted by mad4me
For those who still have not been able to transfer your contacts from iphone 4/4s, I have a solution that just worked for me. ( I did this on a windows laptop with outlook)
1, Synced all of my contacts from phone to outlook.
2, Selected all of the contacts, attached all of my contacts to an email message (send as card).
3, I did not send the email but copied all of the .vcf files into a folder on the desktop.
4, I have a Bluetooth adapter that I am using for a mouse.
5, Confirmed that the laptop is discoverable
6, Took laptop to the car
7, Used the option to authorize another external device. My laptop discovered the benz as “MB Bluetooth” and the car saw the laptop as “laptop” (see attachment). Windows however did not have the driver so I could not pair. I let windows search for the driver online and it found “MB Bluetooth (mono audio). See attached…
Once I had the correct driver, I was able to pair the laptop with the car as if it was another phone.
8, I set the option in the car to receive vcards. I then used Bluetooth file transfer to transfer the .vcf files from the laptop to the car.
9, DONE!

What year is your car? i just spent 30 mins trying to get my macbook air bootcamping Windows 7 to bluetooth connect to my 2010 c300. it failed to connect?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 PM

2012 E350 4-matic SPORT
Originally Posted by jetflyboy
Sure, that will not be a problem.
These instructions assume that you have your iPhone already paired with your MB, which I don't think anybody was complaining about

The next thing you wanna do is sync all your contacts into your Macbook's Adress Book. Next open your Address Book. Click on "all contacts" in the group column. Next select a contact, any contact. On the menu bar on your Macbook select edit --> select all. All contacts will turn blue. On the menu bar again click file--> export --> export vCard now leave the name of the file as it is and be sure to save it to your desktop.

Now the actual pairing. You have to be patient, relaxed and willing to try more than once:

1. in Comand APS go to Settings / Bluetooth / Bluetooth Devices (or similar)
2. on the top most item select Options / External Authorisation (or similar)
3. Comand APS is now ready to be paired with your mac
4. On the mac open the Bluetooth pairing Assistant and select the 'MB Bluetooth' Device now.
5. Comand APS will ask for a code to authorize the mac
6. enter a 4 digit number as the code ( I simply used 0000 )
7. Authorization will fail on the Mac but you are able to select 'code options' or similar in the Bluetooth Assitant on the mac.
8. Select code options and select the option 'use this code' (or similar) and enter the same 4 digit code that you entered in Comand APS before
9. Retry pairing from the mac.
10. Comand APS will then display 'performing authorization' (or similar)
11. The mac will already show that pairing was successful! To make it work you now need to quickly klick the bluetooth icon in the menu bar and select 'MB Bluetooth' > Use this as audio device (or similar)
12. If successfull Comand APS will display a success message. If not please try again. Once connected, it will last about 30 seconds, so be quick next.
13. Be sure your Comand APS is in the receiving contacts mode. On the Macbook's menu bar, click the BT icon and choose send file. The file is the file you saved on your desktop. Once you do that, you will see the contacts being exported to your MB.
The last step requires both hands, since one will be on the command and the other on your Macbook. I had to do this 3 times to succeed, it's just the nature of the beast.

It is absolutely a pain in the *** procedure, but that was the only way, for me anyway, to get it done.

I hope this helps.
i dont understand your instructions. i am as far as being able to pair the macbook and the command center but i can't get the transmission going i don't get your instructions
Old 06-07-2012, 10:12 AM

Iridium Silver 2009 C63
DGG -

I'll try to help but will start by saying, going out and buying an SD to PCMCIA adapter might just be faster and save you a lot of frustration. This is not a science, it's almost like a sport to see if you can initiate the transfer between the time when the MacBook and MB decide to briefly allow communication.

I have a 2009 C63 and a MacBook Air from last year and this is what worked for me.

The keys are in these steps (my edits in red):

11. The mac will already show that pairing was successful!
12. If successfull Comand APS will display a success message. If not please try again. Once connected, it will last about TEN seconds, so be quick next.
changed the order here a bit
13. Once the devices are paired, on the Macbook's menu bar, click the BT icon and choose send file. The file is the file you saved on your desktop. It will most likely fail the first time, but now you have a window open with the file pre-selected, and the next time you try to send it, you don't have to find the file again, you only have to click 'send.' Getting it teed up to this point will allow you to move faster at the next step.

14. To make it work you now need to quickly klick the bluetooth icon in the menu bar and select 'MB Bluetooth' > Use this as audio device (or similar)

15. This is where you need to use both hands. At the same time you are clicking "Use as audio device," you need to be initiating the "receive contacts" process on the MB, and then as quickly as possible moving from "use as audio device" to "send file" on the Mac. If you have Hardware Growler on your Mac, you'll see the BT connect, then disconnect, a couple of times very rapidly (seconds between the on off). As best I could tell, the key is initiating the transfer with the 'send file' button and having the MB ready to receive at just the right time between connects and disconnects.

The process is a complete clusterF***, but it does work if you just keep forcing it.

I also saw you say you were trying to do this through Windows on your Mac. That shouldn't be necessary. All of this was done for me through OS X Lion.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM

07 tsx, 09 c300
i found a easier way.

follow the same steps as above but dont authorize your car as an external device. pair it as a regular phone.

when you pair it as a regular phone goto use as audio device in your mac.

on the mercedes benz go to recieve bluetooth files.

click file send on mac and export your v card.

it should work that way, its a bit easier then the cluster faaack that i tried doing. hope it helps
Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C300
All this to pair it all over once again when you change those numbers and add new people...

I believe people with the updated COMAND (not flip up screen) can upload via bluetooth straight from the phone. Or if you have the Media Interface Plus
Old 12-14-2013, 07:56 AM

C350
Smile Downloading iphone address book to w204

1) Purchase an HC to SD card adapter
2) Highlight each desired Outlook contact you want to transfer, click on Actions in toolbar/Send Full Contact/In Internet format(vCard), exit saving changes.
3) Close then reopen Outlook
4) Find saved draft, right click to save to SD card.
5) Insert SD card into HC adapter
6) Insert HC adapter into command slot and download.

This worked for me quite easily.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:34 PM

2012 GLK 350
Originally Posted by JPEPPAS
2) Highlight each desired Outlook contact you want to transfer, click on Actions in toolbar/Send Full Contact/In Internet format(vCard), exit saving changes.

I did all of the above. When I go to address book, I do not get any menus to download contacts. My user manual says I should go to address book and a menu appears with "Phone List, Donload Contacts, Delete Contact and Adjust Volume". I am not getting this menu.
I know the card is being read because it's playing music from the card.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
I was able to do mine using this method

Originally Posted by JPEPPAS

Old 03-10-2015, 11:34 PM

GLK350
Did not work

Nothing I have tried will send my Outlook contacts to my 2011 GLK350. The media reader does not find the folder the contacts are stored in on my SD card. Any other suggestions, anyone?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally! Transfered my contacts (iphone 4s)