C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

iPhone...again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
iPhone...again

Hey guys,

I have read many...many answers in this thread. I still cannot find what I'm looking for (sorry U2)

Obviously the issue is I am unable to download the contacts from my iPhone 4 to my 2009 C300 Sports MB. I do not have a multimedia slot in my car (not to my knowledge, anyway) so putting the contacts on an SD card is not an option for me

I have used 3 different apps and they were nothing but a waste of money. I fully understad that this is an Apple issue and not so much an MB one, but jeez, with everything we know, I am unable to copy a stupid single contact from a phone to a car? Mind boggling. Unless I'm missing on something new.

If there is anything I can do, please help this lost and frustrated soul

'09 C-300 Sport. No multimedia slot. iPhone 4 with the latest firmware and a MacBookPro.

Anything will be appreciated.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 PM

2010 C180 Sport
Well there ya go, apples weird way of handling data and forcing users to only use there software makes it this difficult to operate with other units.

this thread : https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...iphone-4s.html

Seems to have solved the issues with the vcf card format by syncing it with a program that actually CAN make a correct vcf file.

I'm not familiar with the iPhone's apps etc but is there one where you can sync contacts between an android and an iphone? (for an example sync to a goggle account?)
If thats the case then sync your contacts with an android phone and the via the android phone export your contacts to a vcf file and just transmit it via BT.

Or save your contacts on the SIM card, and then switch the SIM to an android phone that can export it as a vcf and send it via BT.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Broberg
Well there ya go, apples weird way of handling data and forcing users to only use there software makes it this difficult to operate with other units.

this thread : https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...iphone-4s.html

Seems to have solved the issues with the vcf card format by syncing it with a program that actually CAN make a correct vcf file.

I'm not familiar with the iPhone's apps etc but is there one where you can sync contacts between an android and an iphone? (for an example sync to a goggle account?)
If thats the case then sync your contacts with an android phone and the via the android phone export your contacts to a vcf file and just transmit it via BT.

Or save your contacts on the SIM card, and then switch the SIM to an android phone that can export it as a vcf and send it via BT.

Yeah, that's the thing, though! I have no access to a different phone, which seems to solve the issue altogether, and that is one helluva pain to follow that procedure in the link. Unfortunately, I got a Mac and not PC, so I don't even know if that will work.

Forget copying the contacts...I wish there was a "manual" way of entering each contact. Now that IS an MB issue and not apple.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:12 PM

2010 C180 Sport
Originally Posted by jetflyboy
Yeah, that's the thing, though! I have no access to a different phone, which seems to solve the issue altogether, and that is one helluva pain to follow that procedure in the link. Unfortunately, I got a Mac and not PC, so I don't even know if that will work.

Forget copying the contacts...I wish there was a "manual" way of entering each contact. Now that IS an MB issue and not apple.
Go "buy" a new cheap *** phone, unpack it, boot with your sim, export the contacts and then return it and say you didn't like it and get your money back

Well, I think you can enter it manually?
Will take a look tomorrow and see if I can resolve it.. But I'm guessing it will be a real pain doing it that way,
Old 03-27-2012, 08:37 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Broberg
Go "buy" a new cheap *** phone, unpack it, boot with your sim, export the contacts and then return it and say you didn't like it and get your money back

Well, I think you can enter it manually?
Will take a look tomorrow and see if I can resolve it.. But I'm guessing it will be a real pain doing it that way,

lol. I guess that is one way of doing, but I don't think I will.
Thanks for your help. If you come up with anything, please share. Thanks