C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Questions on price

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Questions on price

Hi guys, i've just joined today! and I'm going to own my first car few months later, but now i'm wondering if i pay over the price...my dealer told me: she will give me 7.5% off and whatever else Mercedes-Benz has going on the month i pick up and pay for the car. is this worth enough? i'm not a bad guy, but i just want to know if this is a fair price? Thanks for all of you
Old 04-22-2012, 03:05 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Webster.C
Hi guys, i've just joined today! and I'm going to own my first car few months later, but now i'm wondering if i pay over the price...my dealer told me: she will give me 7.5% off and whatever else Mercedes-Benz has going on the month i pick up and pay for the car. is this worth enough? i'm not a bad guy, but i just want to know if this is a fair price? Thanks for all of you

Would you elaborate a little more? Is it a new car? a CPO? So many things factor in pricing. Go to Edmunds.com and KBB.com and look up some prices. The 7.5% off she is offering you has no reference point. Is it off the sticker?

Give us a little more information so we can be more of help to you
Old 04-22-2012, 04:10 PM

'08 Mercedes C300
It doesn't make you a bad guy for wanting a good deal on your car. Its the salespeople who try to rip you off that are the "bad guys". If your salesperson is trying to push you or telling you bs, don't be afraid to walk away or find someone else to talk to.

And +1 to jetflyboy. We need some more information on the vehicle you're trying to purchase and the price point you're at.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:52 PM

none
Sorry for the info that i gave,
1.The car is new, they need to built it from German(2013 C250)
2.The packages I've order, let the price goes to $48530(MSRP)
Thats the 7.5% off point!

And sorry jetflyboy, i dont really know what is off the sticker?

Thank you guys
Old 04-22-2012, 08:04 PM

'08 Mercedes C300
If you want to talk percentages, my dad bought a car recently that cost slightly more than yours and the salesperson said they only have like a 7% margin of profit. A few hours of negotiation and we squeezed close to 10% off the MSRP. I think you can do better, but 7.5% is reasonable.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 PM

none
Originally Posted by Domm
If you want to talk percentages, my dad bought a car recently that cost slightly more than yours and the salesperson said they only have like a 7% margin of profit. A few hours of negotiation and we squeezed close to 10% off the MSRP. I think you can do better, but 7.5% is reasonable.
Oh,i see, so you mean that 7% is the salers private profit right?

wow ur dad is good!!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM

none
Dear Domm

Can i get the dealers email or whatever info to contact them?

Thank you
Old 04-22-2012, 08:17 PM

'08 Mercedes C300
Oh, no I didn't mean that 7% is their profit margin. I meant to imply that they were lying to us about their "profit margin" and you can get much more off but 7.5% is reasonable. Unfortunately, the car we bought wasn't a Mercedes so the dealer's information will be irrelevant to you.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:33 PM

none
Originally Posted by Domm
Oh, no I didn't mean that 7% is their profit margin. I meant to imply that they were lying to us about their "profit margin" and you can get much more off but 7.5% is reasonable. Unfortunately, the car we bought wasn't a Mercedes so the dealer's information will be irrelevant to you.
Ok,I see,thank you very much Domm.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:41 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Webster.C
Sorry for the info that i gave,
1.The car is new, they need to built it from German(2013 C250)
2.The packages I've order, let the price goes to $48530(MSRP)
Thats the 7.5% off point!

And sorry jetflyboy, i dont really know what is off the sticker?

Thank you guys
I think Domm hit it on the head. Do some work on edmunds.com it might give you some idea about the dealer's cost, especially after you plug in the package and or options you are getting. Please bear in mind that probably outside of the owner of the dealership, probably no body knows exactly how much their cost is. They might produce paperwork to show you, but I am very leary of these.

As for the sticker, I was talking about the retail price listed on the paper sticking in the car window.

Good luck with your purchase
Old 04-22-2012, 08:59 PM

none
Originally Posted by jetflyboy
I think Domm hit it on the head. Do some work on edmunds.com it might give you some idea about the dealer's cost, especially after you plug in the package and or options you are getting. Please bear in mind that probably outside of the owner of the dealership, probably no body knows exactly how much their cost is. They might produce paperwork to show you, but I am very leary of these.

As for the sticker, I was talking about the retail price listed on the paper sticking in the car window.

Good luck with your purchase
Thank you jet,but as I said the car need to be built,so I think there is no sticker on it.
And I talked to my saler about Edmunds,in Edmund, there's a dynamic handling package had a wrong price,she said.

And Im really appreciate,thank you two guys I will get a nice price back!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:14 PM

I think I'm going to get a 2013 c250...msrp is 35k...invoice (as found online) says about 32,400.
I want the car w/ p1 and push to start.
I'm hoping I can buy (not lease) for 36k w/ taxes included?
Think it's going to happen?