C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

The one time I don't park in the boondocks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Mercedes C300
Originally Posted by MBRedux
Caught a county police officer slamming his door into my car which did similar if not worse damage. When I asked for his insurance card and ID as to exchange information, he laughed and zoomed off. As he was leaving the scene of an accident I instantly copied his name, (from memory) Lic. tag #, cruiser I.D. number along with the date, time and exact location of the incident. I called the local police station and reported the incident not forgetting to get the names of the officers who took the report. Even though they said they would send a car by to take my statement, they never did. Long story short, I finally was able to drag his *** in front of a judge who ordered him to compensate me in full for the repairs, and pay all legal fees and costs which amounted to a whopping $5,900.00... his downfall? Subpoenaed GPS and other records placed his car right next to mine at the exact time and place along with traces of my paint all over his cruisers door (which was still bent from the hit. He didn't care to clean it off. Guess he thought no one would pursue him. He thought wrong! (Funny note: Somehow the producers of Judge Brown found out about my case and called to ask if I would try the case on TV... I declined.)
Hilarious story. I was watching Judge Judy today and could imagine the cop getting his a$$ chewed off and handed to him.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by Domm
Hilarious story. I was watching Judge Judy today and could imagine the cop getting his a$$ chewed off and handed to him.
The female judge did reprimand the officer, stating, "by leaving the scene of an accident that you caused, by putting the plaintiff through hell to settle his claim, you and your fellow officers who aided in the cover-up have disgraced the uniform you wear and the department you serve." I'll never forget it. It took this clown 6 months to pay up.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 2008 C350
Good. Glad you got Justice. Most would not be so lucky unfortunately.
Their side of the insurance assumed liability so they paid up. Dropping off the car tomorrow for the fix.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by illlojik
Good. Glad you got Justice. Most would not be so lucky unfortunately.
Their side of the insurance assumed liability so they paid up. Dropping off the car tomorrow for the fix.
Make sure the shop can tint match the paint using a spectrometer.... otherwise you will have issues.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 AM

C300
Originally Posted by MBRedux
Caught a county police officer slamming his door into my car which did similar if not worse damage. When I asked for his insurance card and ID as to exchange information, he laughed and zoomed off. As he was leaving the scene of an accident I instantly copied his name, (from memory) Lic. tag #, cruiser I.D. number along with the date, time and exact location of the incident. I called the local police station and reported the incident not forgetting to get the names of the officers who took the report. Even though they said they would send a car by to take my statement, they never did. Long story short, I finally was able to drag his *** in front of a judge who ordered him to compensate me in full for the repairs, and pay all legal fees and costs which amounted to a whopping $5,900.00... his downfall? Subpoenaed GPS and other records placed his car right next to mine at the exact time and place along with traces of my paint all over his cruisers door (which was still bent from the hit. He didn't care to clean it off. Guess he thought no one would pursue him. He thought wrong! (Funny note: Somehow the producers of Judge Brown found out about my case and called to ask if I would try the case on TV... I declined.)
Such an awesome tale of justice. I love when people like that get what they deserve.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:14 AM

2008 C300 6speed, 2015 GLK 250 2017 E400 wagon
I just park and pray. I took this pic at a walmart. Someone would have got a mirror kicked off if this was my car.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 AM

C320 4Matic & GLK350 4Matic
I usually try to park far away from other cars but there are times when you can't help it.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 2008 C350
Originally Posted by DonjuanOriginal
I just park and pray. I took this pic at a walmart. Someone would have got a mirror kicked off if this was my car.

That's just ridiculous. How some people are allowed to drive, is beyond me.